Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Why use Rapid during BW? Focus regen? The focus costs are already halved, shouldn't you wait til BW is finished to use it, to crank out Cobras faster and "sustain" the burst? (Asking questions trying to learn!)
    Readiness will refresh the cooldown of it anyway.

Deleted
    Why use Rapid during BW? Focus regen? The focus costs are already halved, shouldn't you wait til BW is finished to use it, to crank out Cobras faster and "sustain" the burst? (Asking questions trying to learn!)
    Been a while since I played my hunter, or even read up on it, but I thought RF meant extra focus for stampede pets, which meant more basic attacks from those.

Deleted
    Yes so you always want to use RF first.

Quote from EJ http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t130590-...mastery_5_2_a/
    Due to the Stampede pets working like normal, including focus use, you will ideally want to have them out while under focus regeneration effects like Rapid Fire and Focus Fire.
    Stampede pets update stats dynamically, so whether you use Stampede before or after shortterm buffs are applied doesn't matter (in theory - how fast they update very likely depends on a few different factors, latency being chief amongst them)

Deleted
    Sec

-1 Prepot
    0 Serpent Sting
    1 Dire Beast
    2 BW + AMoC + Rabid (Pet)
    3 KC
    4 Stampede
    5 Arcane Shot
    6 Arcane Shot
    7 Arcane Shot
    8 Arcane Shot
    9 KC
    10 Arcane Shot
    11 Arcane Shot
    12 Rapid Fire
    13 Cobra Shot (When perfectly played, Serpent Sting wont fall off)
    . (normal Rota: KC on cooldown, AS an Cobra Shot)
    30 Serpent Sting (manual)
    31 Dire Beast
    32 Readiness
    33 Dire Beast
    34 BW + AMoC
    35 KC
    36 Arcane Shot
    37 Arcane Shot
    38 Arcane Shot
    39 Arcane Shot
    40 Arcane Shot
    41 KC
    42 Arcane Shot
    43 Arcane Shot
    44 Rapid Fire
    45 Cobra Shot

(Never use BW with Rapid Fire, it just waste a mighty Dmg Cooldown)

See, now I'm reading BW + RF is a CD loss. I've always popped the CDs that don't benefit from BW (Dire Beast, Stampede, etc), then BW, KC/ArcS spam, THEN RF after BW is ended. Readiness and do that all again.

But now I'm seeing a lot of conflicting reports that makes me unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by paigez View Post
    Sec
    (Never use BW with Rapid Fire, it just waste a mighty Dmg Cooldown)
    It's a way larger DPS loss to delay your 2nd BW so much that it's not affected by your prepot/trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    It's a way larger DPS loss to delay your 2nd BW so much that it's not affected by your prepot/trinket procs.
    Especially if you are using the newer beefier trinkets, generally with your initial Serpent you'll proc both trinkets and want to fit as much BW damage into that 20 seconds, if you pop your BW immediately after that initial serpent and use your cooldowns perfectly you'll fit 5 KC's into that 20 buff window, with a lovely KC crit (hopefully) in the last 2 seconds of Renataki's.

The first RF doesn't matter since you are going to use readiness earlier on anyway.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart