Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Asking about BM Opening Burst.

    I know most Hunters are playing SV,But considering my Raid Setup, I have to stay BM. but while im getting more better gear, something wrong is happening with my Opening Burst, Its getting low dps.

    My Opening is:
    Hunter's Mark
    MD on Tank
    Pre-pot
    Serpent Sting
    Kill Command
    Glave Toss
    Dire Beast
    AMoC
    Stampide (at this time both trinkets should Proc, I have Bad Juju and Renataki)
    Rapid Fire 1 + Bestial Wrath 1 (Macro with KC, so plus KC)
    Readiness
    Kill Command
    Serpent Sting (ReApply Bcuz during BW its 50% Focus cost)
    Glave Toss
    Dire Beast
    Arcane Shot Spam until
    Kill Command
    Bestial Wrath 2
    Arcane Shot Spam
    Serpent Sting (ReApply Same reason)
    Rapid Fire 2 when 2nd BW gone.
    AMoC when the first one gone.
    And then follow with the Priority Normal Rotacion.

    Can any1 tell me If its worng or how can i Improve this?.
    Im doing max 140k unbuff, just pet using wolf. my Reforge prior its Hit/exp 7.5% > Crit > Mastery > Haste. And my current ilvl its 519 with weapon Heroic from Iron Qon. I have 2 Trinkets RPPM and Set bonus 2 T15 and Set Bonus 2 T14. Should I stay Crit>Mastery>Haste or change somehow?.

    Ty all and good hunting

  2. #2
    Don't delay that first Beastial Wrath and the stampede so much,so that you can take the most out of that pre pot,plus macro stampede with rapid fire so that its one less button to push on the inicial burst

  3. #3
    I think you should add a cobra shot somewhere in the start for the thunderhawk to proc aswell as the cobra shot to get refreshed because

    - if you refresh with cobra and have trinkets procced, it ticks harder
    - you don't want to use serpent sting during BW because arcane shot is 10 focus and just cries to be spammed

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatao View Post
    Don't delay that first Beastial Wrath and the stampede so much,so that you can take the most out of that pre pot,plus macro stampede with rapid fire so that its one less button to push on the inicial burst
    Im doing this bcuz I read something about drop all cds before BW for get less GCD During BW, so I can do alot more ArcS during BW. when u guys think its correct pop BW?

  5. #5
    Blademaster Kyubbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales
    Posts
    34
    I pop it just before I use my first KC. Like gatao said make the most out of that pre pot. For me I start with SS then pop BW into KC then cycle my CDs

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    522
    Im doing:
    Pet haste, pet dash (5sec before combat)
    Pre pot on 1sec
    SS
    DB
    Stampede
    amoc
    RF
    Cobra
    BW
    KC
    5arcane
    KC
    Readiness and repeat

    Haven't lost a opener since, reaching 400k dps w/o hero on Iron Qon and 300k~ on the rest (Why does Qon take so much more dmg?)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SpawnDeath View Post
    Kill Command
    Glave Toss
    Dire Beast
    AMoC
    Stampide (at this time both trinkets should Proc, I have Bad Juju and Renataki)
    Rapid Fire 1 + Bestial Wrath 1 (Macro with KC, so plus KC)

    seems like for roughly 1 second your not doing anything. When you hit rapid fire and bw you should have 1 sec left on KC cd. Also your recasting SS barely half way through its duration the first time. You should only have to reapply SS once not twice. As for the actual rotation, everyone has a different opinion it seems. Best way to do it is test on farm content/lfr. I prefer doing SS,KC,GT,DB,aMoC,stampede,RF,CS,BW,KC, readiness. Works well with hero on pull since CS cast time is so low, i dont delay KC much. Get the t15 2 pc to proc, and have a near full duration SS on target. Have roughly 16-17 seconds of pot left with BW and hopefully trinkets up.

    Also go crit>haste>mastery
    Last edited by Delthunter; 2013-05-03 at 07:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Opener I've been using is as follows (sorry about weird format)

    Prepot
    RF
    SS
    BW
    KC
    DB
    AMOC
    Glaive
    Arcane Spam
    KC
    Readiness
    KC
    Stampede
    Arcane Spam
    Cobra (chance to get a thunderhawk out)
    BW
    KC
    Arcane Spam
    Glaive
    KC

    At this point the rotation goes as normal, use the 2nd RF after heroism/lust drops and refresh amoc once it drops.

  9. #9
    I personally wouldn't use db or amoc during beastial wrath. Especially during the opener BW.


    Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Im doing:
    Pet haste, pet dash (5sec before combat)
    Pre pot on 1sec
    SS
    DB
    Stampede
    amoc
    RF
    Cobra
    BW
    KC
    5arcane
    KC
    Readiness and repeat

    Haven't lost a opener since, reaching 400k dps w/o hero on Iron Qon and 300k~ on the rest (Why does Qon take so much more dmg?)
    that's kinda.. 1 whole kill command gone?

    just open with kill command instead if you are gonna do that, it will get your pet in melee range and you won't lose the 5 seconds you wait at the moment to use your first kc

  11. #11
    The Patient Vanchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    247
    Just need to ask, you say you use a wolf, so why for your raid setup do you need to be BM? thought your raid lacked hero. Go SV imo

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanchak View Post
    Just need to ask, you say you use a wolf, so why for your raid setup do you need to be BM? thought your raid lacked hero. Go SV imo
    I mean a wolf buff 5% crit on dummies for that test about my brust the first 1min. my bad there on explaining. Im Using some exotic pets, bcuz our warlock is getting prob to stay log, so i have to use Chimaera to slow, some targets, and Devilsaur on durumu for MS bcuz we have no warrior or rogue. but we have a strong AoE clases. So Im the main single target dmg. the only 3 Fitghs im using SV are Horridon, Ji-kun when Im on Nests and Lei Shen. Maybe I will switch to SV when I can get Set 4 T15 and Metagem. sorry for my bad English.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 05:05 PM ----------

    And Ty all for the replies. Im taking note, I will test all your suggestions.
    Last edited by SpawnDeath; 2013-05-05 at 07:47 PM.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    that's kinda.. 1 whole kill command gone?

    just open with kill command instead if you are gonna do that, it will get your pet in melee range and you won't lose the 5 seconds you wait at the moment to use your first kc
    Pet is already in range after first 2sec~ (Pet attack in macro)

    Think I wrote it right, ill see today if I do a KC before BW.
    Im usually just clicking skills, already winning most fights in opener and total dmg.
    Got a 522 mage doing 100k on H JinRokh (casual guild ftw?) =D

  14. #14
    My opening rotation is :

    SrS - Stampede - BF - RF - aMoC - BW - KC - GT - DB - Readiness - KC - GT - DB and repeat.

    Can't seem to control my burst most of time though not changing much, mostly shooting up to 600k burst but sometimes it's stuck at 300k which is bad

  15. #15
    Tested BM for a bit on Lei shen last night (first time since I lost the old tier set that extends BW's duratioN), but had to go back to surv as we only had 1 lock for P2.
    What I found to be "best" in terms of opener -

    SS
    DB
    Stampede
    BW+Rapid Fire+KC
    AMOC
    Glaive
    Arcane shots till KC comes off CD again, then KC (second KC under BW). Use Readiness, get off a third KC under BW. Use abilities in terms of priority (SS>Glaive>DB etc). When KC comes off cooldown again, use second BW, and KC, getting a second KC 6 seconds in to the BW.
    Remember to not cast DB while under the effects of BW (it's a "wasted" global under the effect as the beast does not benefit from BW), and don't bother stacking RF+Frenzy on top of each other. Not worth it :<.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Im doing:
    Pet haste, pet dash (5sec before combat)
    Pre pot on 1sec
    SS
    DB
    Stampede
    amoc
    RF
    Cobra
    BW
    KC
    5arcane
    KC
    Readiness and repeat

    Haven't lost a opener since, reaching 400k dps w/o hero on Iron Qon and 300k~ on the rest (Why does Qon take so much more dmg?)
    Not using Glave Toss?? Favor?

  17. #17
    Widow Venom > Devilsaur go SV

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Tested BM for a bit on Lei shen last night (first time since I lost the old tier set that extends BW's duratioN), but had to go back to surv as we only had 1 lock for P2.
    What I found to be "best" in terms of opener -

    SS
    DB
    Stampede
    BW+Rapid Fire+KC
    AMOC
    Glaive
    Arcane shots till KC comes off CD again, then KC (second KC under BW). Use Readiness, get off a third KC under BW. Use abilities in terms of priority (SS>Glaive>DB etc). When KC comes off cooldown again, use second BW, and KC, getting a second KC 6 seconds in to the BW.
    Remember to not cast DB while under the effects of BW (it's a "wasted" global under the effect as the beast does not benefit from BW), and don't bother stacking RF+Frenzy on top of each other. Not worth it :<.
    Speaking of which, in the opener you also shouldn't cast MoC under BW, since the 60 focus cost is negligible on the pull. Put MoC as a first cast so it has as much benefit from your prepot as possible. For the rest of the fight though, casting MoC under BW is definitely worth it, they just usually don't line up properly without the t14 4pc anymore.

  19. #19
    -5 Pet Dash
    -1 Send pet in
    -0.5 Prepot
    SrS
    KC
    RF/Berserk/Stampede
    CS
    AmoC
    DB
    GT
    BW/KC
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    KC
    Readiness/KC
    GT
    AS
    DB
    SrS
    BW/KC
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS
    KC

    As far as my muscle memory takes me. Using RF after BW ends. AmoC up as soon as the previous one ends. If over 35s on BW's CD after RF ends, I'll use FF.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  20. #20
    Why use Rapid during BW? Focus regen? The focus costs are already halved, shouldn't you wait til BW is finished to use it, to crank out Cobras faster and "sustain" the burst? (Asking questions trying to learn!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •