1. #1

    dk tank trinkets help

    hello i have been working on my alt blood dk i have been looking at askmrrobot and he list my trinkets are 6th and 5th best in game http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Styix/advanced is this true and if not what are good trinkets for tanking

  2. #2
    If upgraded, Lao-Chin's is the best stam trinket for the tier, the Relic was fairly awful even last tier though.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    If upgraded, Lao-Chin's is the best stam trinket for the tier, the Relic was fairly awful even last tier though.
    how good is the valor isle trinket

  4. #4
    Quite good if you feel comfortable with how hard you get it. If you need stamina, keep your current setup. Otherwise, the mastery from the SPA Trinket is outstanding. I have also found the on-use to be useful, to boot.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quite good if you feel comfortable with how hard you get it. If you need stamina, keep your current setup. Otherwise, the mastery from the SPA Trinket is outstanding. I have also found the on-use to be useful, to boot.
    Aye, 14%~ dodge for a few second is nothing to sneeze at when you are worried about melee swings before/after a big boss ability.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Aye, 14%~ dodge for a few second is nothing to sneeze at when you are worried about melee swings before/after a big boss ability.
    Combine that with the stacking(!) proc from the Dark Animus trinket, and you could reach 50k Mastery!
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  7. #7
    Relic is alright, it was awful, then became good when they doubled the proc amount, but still mediocre compared to most trinkets, good for add tanking though such as bats on Tortos, where you can proc it every time you pick up bats for lots of dodge (Dodge/Parry > Mastery for tanking lots of little things).
    LaoChin's/JadeWarlordFigurine is a VERY useful trinket for both Stam and the Mastery proc, as I only raid casually these days, I'm not sure how it shapes up compared to new trinkets, but I do know that pretty much all current tier trinkets are very solid options with the exception of the Dark Animus trinket.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Sco/advanced

    Sco (Although he is a Warrior) still uses JadeWarlord.
    Hakushi - Main Shaman - 587 Enh/573 Ele 8/8 HM DS (5% Nerf Spine/Madness), 7/7 HM FL, 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 14/14 HM SoO
    Oxyra - Semi-Main DK - 570 Blood 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 4/14 HM SoO
    Raiding with Fused - Illidan

  8. #8
    Consider the fact all of our heals are % based any Stamina trinkets are better than 'traditional' tanking one.
    I'm sticking with the get damage-heal it method :P

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Consider the fact all of our heals are % based any Stamina trinkets are better than 'traditional' tanking one.
    I'm sticking with the get damage-heal it method :P
    Stamina is only good if your DSs are hitting for their minimum and Rune Tap.

    However, contrary to what people think, Stamina is a perfectly viable tank stat, in that Stamina's purpose is to allow you to survive more damage without needing a heal, as a DK though, this is kind of contradictory in that, if you're using Mastery stacking properly, your Mastery allows you to survive in similar circumstances due to your bubble and/or AMS for Magic.
    Hakushi - Main Shaman - 587 Enh/573 Ele 8/8 HM DS (5% Nerf Spine/Madness), 7/7 HM FL, 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 14/14 HM SoO
    Oxyra - Semi-Main DK - 570 Blood 6/6 HM MSV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 4/14 HM SoO
    Raiding with Fused - Illidan

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,850
    Get DPS trinkets and outDPS the raid with vengance.

    And btw I'm for real.

  11. #11
    tanks don't have a set list of 'best trinkets'
    depends on the fight and what you're doing.
    not having any problems living? use dps trinkets
    having problems living? use tank trinkets
    what is killing you? magic damage? use stam trinkets
    physical damage? get more stam and/or mastery
    sudden burst damage? get a trinket with an on use that will help you survive it

    stam is always the easy choice. that or dps trinkets.

  12. #12
    i dont see what the debate is, the different stat amounts on gems and trinkets tell you very clearly that gemming mastery and using 2 stam trinkets is the way to go...
    dps trinks are always fun though
    Damosapien - DPS(whatever spec is better in that teir)/prot Warrior http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apien/advanced
    Damodrood - Resto/feral(hybrid) Druid http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drood/advanced
    Damoo - Blood/frost Death knight http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Damoo/simple

  13. #13
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,995
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Consider the fact all of our heals are % based any Stamina trinkets are better than 'traditional' tanking one.
    I'm sticking with the get damage-heal it method :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Stamina is only good if your DSs are hitting for their minimum and Rune Tap.
    Thought I'd reinforce this a bit, as unfortunately, it seems to be a fairly common misconception.

  14. #14
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    using 2 stam trinkets is the way to go...
    I would actually change that statement to "using 2 stam trinkets is the way to go for now, until you gear more".
    I am currently iLvl 520, and use 2 Mastery trinkets (giving me 210% Mastery unbuffed) ... very very comfortable during all fights on Normal.

    Carbide Series 500R White | Intel i7 [email protected] | Asus P8Z77-V Gen3 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz |
    2GB EVGA GTX 680 | OCZ Agility 3 120GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Corsair H80 Hydro | Corsair Gaming Series GS700

  15. #15
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    Posts
    94
    Dark Animus trinket have insanely low proc rate for blood DKs because they have very low dodge. Ive tested it vs ~15 mobs pack and i got my first stack after like 3 minutes. Even if you use valor trinket with 16000 dodge, there is a very low chance of getting even one stack while dodge buff is active.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    tanks don't have a set list of 'best trinkets'
    depends on the fight and what you're doing.
    not having any problems living? use dps trinkets
    having problems living? use tank trinkets
    what is killing you? magic damage? use stam trinkets
    physical damage? get more stam and/or mastery
    sudden burst damage? get a trinket with an on use that will help you survive it

    stam is always the easy choice. that or dps trinkets.
    i like using a dps trinket such as the SPA one , paired with a on use survivability trinket

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •