Deleted

Bloodbath Vs Stormbolt again

Is using stormbolts on certain fights better than bloodbath? Such as jinrokh, my stormbolts are critting for over 1million in the pools and does around 8-10% of my overall dmg, than compared to bloodbath which is around 4-5%.

Deleted
    Don't forget about the GCD you're using for stormbolt, you could use another ability instead

i can say i've personally had much more success with stormbolt than bloodbath. bloodbath will potentially produce better numbers, however the best results come mainly when you have CS up, using dragon roar, enraged, dancing steel, and trinket effects. though reck + banner would help too. though both would benefit from all that. however durring normal conditions i've never gotten bloodbath do out dmg a single stormbolt, while enraged and under CS. average stormbolt hit is 150-190k and crits for 500k+. i also play arms atm, was fury in 5.0-5.1. i don't suggest stormbolt for smf. it wouldn't be too bad for TG, definitly best for arms.

the global CD lost from using stormbolt, is definilty not a loss in dps. no other ability short of a crit from slam or mortal strike, will out dmg a normal hit from stormbolt. execute will generally come out even.

Okay, couple of things:

Stormbolt is only viable for Arms. It gains a damage boost from both SMF and Seasoned Soldier, however, since SMF has half the weapon damage of a 2hander of equivalent ilvl, you can expect it to hit for a lot less. Arms>>Fury>>SMF.

Stormbolt will do a minimum 1000% weapon damage every minute. You are replacing Slam, which does a minimum 220%(x2) over that minute. So, 660% weapon damage additional every minute. Bloodbath does 30% of the damage over 12 seconds.
    0.0 Colossus Smash= 175%
    1.5 Overpower= 210%(*1.35)((283.5%))
    2.5 Overpower= 210%(*1.35)((283.5%))
    3.5 Mortal Strike= 175%(*1.35)((236.25%))
    5.0 Overpower= 210%(*1.35)((283.5%))
    6.0 Overpower= 105%(*1.35)((141.75))
    7.0 Slam= 220%
    8.5 Mortal Strike= 175%
    10.0 Overpower= 210%
    11.0 Overpower= 210%
    12.0 Slam= 220%
    Total= 2076.75%*.3= 623.025% additional weapon damage.
    With the assumption of neither critting (except the case of Overpower which boasts a high base crit chance). As you can see, with minimal assumed crits, they are close. Bloodbath has the % crit going for it (since it's less likely 1 specific ability crits every time, instead of having more abilities crit over 12 seconds).

0.0 Colossus Smash= 175%
    1.5 Raging Blow= 190%+190%(*1.35)((513%))
    3.0 Bloodthirst= 180%(*1.35)((243%))
    4.5 Raging Blow= 190%+190%(*1.35)((513%))
    6.0 Raging Blow= 190%+190%(*1.35)((513%))
    7.5 Bloodthirst= 180%
    9.0 Wild Strike= 230%
    10.0 Wild Strike= 230%
    11.0 Wild Strike= 230%
    12.0 Bloodthirst= 90%
    Total= 2917%*.3= 875.1% additional weapon damage.
    This is with the assumption of neither critting (except the case of Bloodthirst with a reasonable number of crits in a 12 second window). This value is actually slightly higher than noncrit Storm Bolt value AND it's replacing Slam with Wild Strike (although it'd more likely be Raging Blow being misconsumed/pushed off) for an additional 10% weapon damage lost on replacement.

NOTE: This isn't saying Storm Bolt can't win. Ideally, your Storm Bolts will Crit during a CS debuff (more likely for Arms, as Fury would have to put of CS slightly every time after the first to fully benefit) will hit for a total of ~2600-2700% weapon damage. Even under ideal situations, the Fury normal Bloodbath (not including Dragon Roar as I don't have the math on hand for that, nor Heroic Leap), you'll only reach 5411% total weapon damage not including Heroic Strikes, which bring you to 1623.3% additional weapon damage (or 2083.3% if you include the Wild Strikes else where in the rotation that you are dropping for Storm Bolt). What this is saying, is with the given Crit rates, it's more likely Bloodbath will do more damage than Stormbolt, even though Storm Bolt does a larger % of your damage via recount and logs.

Deleted
    Recke, I'd put a Dragon roar in there at least for SMF on the calculation as well. Afaik (correct me if I'm wrong) there should be some heroic strikes in there counting for yellow damage as well.

I would also say that it only works well for Arms. It's funny that stormbolt is even good button to hit during execute phase, since most of the the time when a single colossus gets up, you usually can't get more than 3 Executes in a row while colossus usually keeps refreshing. So randomly fitting stormbolt even on sub <20% is not a problem, due to it also being better than execute (hits and crits higher). Not to mention the rage problem(s) on demand, so having a sweepable free big hitting ability with no real rage requirement is really convenient for that spec.

I've heard that feather trinket isn't supposed to be that good for Arms, but oh boy Stormbolt loves it. ~900k is my own record with stormbolt due to that trinket being at 10 stacks while colossus/banner up. That is a number without extra damage taken stuff.

Deleted
    alright thanks think that clarifies it a bit better for me now

I think your math is slightly off for Fury, because wild strike is 230% of offhand weapon damage, and it looks like you rolled it in with MH damage when calculating the total for Bloodbath. I don't think it changes the overall conclusion, though.