Field Marshal

Question Potential Guild Transfer - 1 person unhappy what do I do?

Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I am guild leader of a group of RL friends guild. We are currently on Moonglade where there is just nothing going on. Trade chat is always dead and the AH is pitiful. I have been looking into a transfer to either Twisting Nether or Draenor. Everyone is the guild is fine with moving apart from 1 person. Mainly it's a financial issue with them. They not long ago transferred over a high level char to be on the same server (this was before we were thinking about moving). I didn't ask them to move their character over, but now they are a bit miffed that they paid for this and now they might have to pay again to keep with us.

Should I be feeling bad about this? I have several max level chars and I won't be transferring them all at the same time. I'll maybe just do one a month to spread the cost and I did suggest this and they said "ok", but I get the impression they aren't really ok with it. Like I said everyone else is fine, if not excited about the idea of going somewhere much more active.
    Last edited by Eresin; 2013-05-07 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Maybe you can make a guild effort to fund his transfer. if you are all RL friends, I think it wouldn't be a big problem for all of you to make a small donation. if you got 10 other players (accounts), the transfer is 2 EUR each. that's the price of a soda.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

3 (Mebe 2) Options in my opinion:
    1: Pay for his Transfer, as stated above, if you all chip in no one would notice the cost.
    2: Leave him there until he can afford to (If so, redirect to 3 )
    3: Tell him to make a new toon on the new server, doesn't take long to level, and I am sure you can boost him up to 90 fairly quickly, and gear him at 90 if needs be.

The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    kickstarter.com?

If it's a bunch of RL friends and the dude is struggling with money, why don't you guys just chip in for his transfer? It won't be a lot, and you'll get to help out a friend of yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Dreadlord
    as posted above, either assist him with funding or boost him to 90.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

I can understand why he's upset, I wouldn't be pleased either. He transferred recently to play with you guys and now you leave. Not nice. Pay for his transfer, simple.

Field Marshal
    excellent, i'll do that then, thanks guys!

Anyway you guys could all pitch in some money to help him with the cost of the transfer? That's what I would do atleast, especially if it's a IRL friend. Part of playing this game is playing with friends.