Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, I would mind, that kind of attacks aren't the way to solve problems. Now if something more nature related would happen to them (I don't know, a tornado, earthquake, etc) would go "meh".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

I would however pop popcorn as I watch their so called church burn in flames. I would also encourage people to picket their funerals in turn and probably hold a rainbow colored sign that says "thank god for karma".
    its funny

because i wouldnt mind dropping fred off in africa and spectating the event of a hippopotamus mauling him to death. But picket their funerals? lol would they even have funerals? Anyway, it would make us the same as them.

Sadly, I come from a "land of the sodomite damned" (Australia, that's simply their view of it). Would I feel bad if someone was injured? I'd care, feel sorry for the pain their in. If their building was to burn down and no one was in it? Oh darn, where'd I put that hose.. it's always running away on me.

To be honest, Karma is heading their way and it'll get them one day. Seeing as their main focus is "Fags", I'd find it funny if future generations of their church where gays. The creators great revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Nope.

its funny

because i wouldnt mind dropping fred off in africa, spectating the event of a hippopotamus mauling him to death. But picket their funerals? lol would they even have funerals? Anyway, it would make us the same as them.
    Realistically if something like this was to happen, I'm pretty sure they'd go to great lengths to ensure the funerals are as privatized as possible. Doubt they would want there funerals picketed, and they're probably aware there is a GOOD chance this would occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would only fuel them.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind? Yes of course. I'd be all for them getting the same protection as anyone else until they commit a crime other than being a "hate group".

However it'd be one of those situations that if I saw one of their members being beaten up, I'd skip around for a bit commenting on how awful it was, just for a few punches - and then I'd step in and defend them.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Well, I would mind, that kind of attacks aren't the way to solve problems. Now if something more nature related would happen to them (I don't know, a tornado, earthquake, etc) would go "meh".
    If a giant fist made ffrom artificial marble, wreathed in an ignited flammable substance with the words "ANGRY GOD" etched on to the back of the hand was dropped from an aircraft on to their church, destroying it utterly, I don't think anyone would really pursue the matter beyond a token investigation. It would just be too awesome to question.

Probably have no problems getting one made through the kickstarter program actually! Or something similar.

'I intend to erect a 100ft statue made from a marble-like substance across the street from the WBC that will look like Zeus, King of the God's, with a soundsystem that bellows "I've had about enough of your shit, Westboro Baptist Church" every 10 hours. The statue will be pointing its right arm and finger towards the church. This will, once built, be immovable and extremly difficult to destroy by anything short of a large-scale effort at great expense to WBC

If the statue is in any way tampered with beyond a small amount, it will eject a high pressure water jet out of the statues penis towards the church. This waterjet will be strong enough to cause damage to the structure'
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-05-03 at 12:24 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

I'm sure we all know who they are, but just in case you don't, they are an extremely religious baptist church who are essentially the Christian version of Islamic Extremist.
    Next time they run planes into tall towers killing thousands of innocent civilians, let me know.

Yes, they are hateful and outright WRONG, but comparing them to that is not feasible. And yes, I would mind an attack on them, that's not okay. They are perfectly free to say what they want. (Just maybe not at funerals of soldiers...)
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2013-05-03 at 12:18 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why people wouldn't care, hell it's a hard call for me too. But just put the shoe on the other foot and imagine how upset you would be if someone felt the same way about a controversial group that you believed in or sympathized with.

If you would rush to the aid of or at least feel bad for a known anti-american group or an lgbt group or another religious extremist group, then how does it make things any different, especially if they never physically hurt someone or broke the law?

Now the WBC are absolutely a bunch of lunatics. Some of the things they do are absolutely disgusting. But noone who has technically not done anything wrong has any less of a right to live. Morally, I can't sit here and say that I wouldn't be outraged at an attack on WBC just as I would be outraged on an attack on any other controversial group. These people have a right to free speech, and even though I highly disagree with everything they stand for, it doesn't change the fact that they still have a right to an opinion.

I sincerely hope that those of you who wouldn't feel bad feel that way because of their religious affiliation, because there are many religious organizations in the U.S. would would take such joy in seeing this country fall and your family dead. To me, that's alot worse than a group of like what, 10 people? who really, really hate homosexuals.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes. I would mind. We need the WBC out there protesting. Is there a better advertisement for what the religious right brings to America than the WBC?
    Operation Red Wing

actually, i would lol hard untill i hear that someone, or most of them died in the attack. then i would fucking rofl.

I'd care about them being attacked as much as I did for the Boston Marathon bombing, which is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    40 members

big thing.
    It is a big thing when they are consistently one of the top funding groups for anti-gay discrimination such as Proposition 8 and the like. I honestly wouldn't wish death on them though. What they need is some good prison time with Nasty Nate and Big Bubba to keep them company on those cold lonely nights.

Not at all I don't consider them people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wonder....if some of their people died, would they protest their funerals? lol

Deleted
    I am a strong believer in Karma, so when they are crying out for cruel and painful deaths on Soldiers and queers I hope that they get exactly what they are wishing on others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I would mind, no. I support freedom of speech, and they should have the right to say whatever they want - but that does make them accountable to the consequences of what they say. To me, there's a clear difference between censorship, state-enforced or otherwise, and repercussions for inciting hatred. Particularly with WBC, they spread hate speech and lies, mock the deaths of your patriots - the defenders of the freedoms they invoke - and they do so systematically.

The reaction to the Danish cartoon of Mohammed with a bomb in his turban, on the other hand, was a one-off satirical image. Reaction to it was completely overblown, if you'll pardon the expression. Now, if the image were posted every day accompanying a reminder that "All Muslims are evil terrorists who rape children", I could imagine thinking that they had it coming. There's a relatively well-known idiom about not poking bears that illustrates the point pretty well, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Deleted
    I would not open a bottle of champagne but neither would I grief over them. But they surely would have it comming.

The only ones i would feel bad for is the children. They're the only loss that would be tragic. They know no better, and are only being severely brainwashed.

With that said:

I could care less what anyone thinks of me, but, as for the adults, I hope its slow and painful. Slow and motherfucking painful. Like agonizing, kept conscience till death, painful.

(please keep in mind that I am not saying I would personally do it)

*edit for grammar fail
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2013-05-03 at 12:33 AM.