Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Attacked Physically: I wouldnt neccessarily be happy, but i wouldnt be sad.
    Attacked by anonymous/internet hacktivists etc: I'd be there cheering.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-05-03 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    If a giant fist made ffrom artificial marble, wreathed in an ignited flammable substance with the words "ANGRY GOD" etched on to the back of the hand was dropped from an aircraft on to their church, destroying it utterly, I don't think anyone would really pursue the matter beyond a token investigation. It would just be too awesome to question.

Probably have no problems getting one made through the kickstarter program actually! Or something similar.

'I intend to erect a 100ft statue made from a marble-like substance across the street from the WBC that will look like Zeus, King of the God's, with a soundsystem that bellows "I've had about enough of your shit, Westboro Baptist Church" every 10 hours. The statue will be pointing its right arm and finger towards the church. This will, once built, be immovable and extremly difficult to destroy by anything short of a large-scale effort at great expense to WBC

If the statue is in any way tampered with beyond a small amount, it will eject a high pressure water jet out of the statues penis towards the church. This waterjet will be strong enough to cause damage to the structure'
    As random (and kinda awesome) as you make it look, it would still be something forced by human hand, so no. Hate will only bring hate. If you were to attack them it would only make their hate speech bigger than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The right thing to say is obviously, "no they deserve the same rights and free speech yadda yadda"

But we all know everyones secretly wishing they would just bite the dust and fuck off already.
    I'm not.

Its not even about free speech and rights, its about basic humanity.

I'd sooner stand and watch most of the people who have responded in this thread get attacked, as I at least know that they have no humanity left in them.

I'm not about to stereotype every last member of a group as deserving of murder simply because the media paints them so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    actually, i would lol hard untill i hear that someone, or most of them died in the attack. then i would fucking rofl.
    ^This, I don't value everyone equally.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't wish death or harm upon people but I certainly wouldn't feel sympathy.

Wouldn't praise the person who did it or call them a good person either. A murderer is still a murderer in my eyes regardless of how much of a douche bag they are.

I bet people would picket their funerals though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

I'm sure we all know who they are, but just in case you don't, they are an extremely religious baptist church who are essentially the Christian version of Islamic Extremist. Started by Fred Phelps, pretty much all of the member are his relatives and family friends. They accuse basically everyone not in there church of being sinners, saying that God hates them and they will burn in hell. They have picketed and protested everything from Soldier Funerals, to the Sandy Cook shooting (they tried, but were stopped).

These people are the worst of humanity. They don't go around killing others, but they go around wishing for the death of everyone who disagrees with them.

So, if someone was to attack them (bomb, shootings, etc), would you care? I for one, despite knowing how bad of me it is, would not. I know it's hypocritical, but whatever. I'd rather see these dbags croak than some little kid, which is what they would want.
    No one has the right to take the life of another.

But if something was to happen to them I would not care at all nore would I praise the person who did it.

Now if someone walked up and beat the hell out of someone from WBC I wouldn't care as long as the person who got beat up deserved it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-05-03 at 12:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's humorous that people are taking the "I don't like what they do, they deserve to die" line of thinking in response to WBC. It's almost like they're not able to see their own hypocrisy. Almost...

Someone going out and killing them? no

a meteor falling out of the sky and killing them, sure I would be "lol" about it, and I would picket their funeral too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a terrible person for this, but I would be glad that they got attacked. I'm terrible, but I'd be glad....yeep.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Not at all, let those dirt bags pay for all the crap they put veteran's family's through.

10+ Year Old Account
    There a group of ignorant, grief inciting low lifes, who should be thrown in a cardboard box and cast out on a deserted island.

But would I react to hearing of them being shot to brutally hurt, for example when they hurl hate abuse at a mans funeral and a crowd turns on them and beats the crap out of every last one of them, well, I'd probably smile, believeing justice finally won out.

Until the day these pigs use violence to spread there hate, only then is the day we could use it against them. Sadly.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Attacked Physically: I wouldnt neccessarily be happy, but i wouldnt be sad.
    Attacked by anonymous/internet hacktivists etc: I'd be there cheering.
    Yes. Seeing all there homes, possessions and funds burned to a crisp would have me smiling ear to ear.
    #boycottchina

Hurting peoples feelings isnt the same as hurting people. They are a tasteless bunch who abuse our current laws. I wish people would use them as an example to change current laws making their harassment punishable.

Killing people like the poster above me is baffling, they have more hate/intolerance than the wbc.

These people are inferior scum sucking degenerates. They don't deserve the same plain of existence.

I'd throw a party in honor of whoever blew these people off the planet.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Part of me really wouldn't care, the other part of me would because they haven't gone to that level yet so it's not fire with fire.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with their methods, but I wouldn't want them to be attacked.

Reading some of these posts is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I care? Not particularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's humorous that people are taking the "I don't like what they do, they deserve to die" line of thinking in response to WBC. It's almost like they're not able to see their own hypocrisy. Almost...
    Personally I am not on either side; I don't wish harm upon them. But at the same time, they have incited enough conflict that any adversity they face is their own problem and should be treated as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Best just to leave these people to their tiny, miserable world and avoid them.

If you wish death upon them, you just lower yourself to their level.
    couldn't have said it any better at all. I have nothing but disdain for them, and i wouldn't mind them catching a beating or two. But to wish death, sort of puts on you par with them.

Would I care? No. Obviously they were filthy sinners and god hates them. <--- What they say every time some tragedy happens.

Would I want to see the perpetrator punished? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Personally I am not on either side; I don't wish harm upon them. But at the same time, they have incited enough conflict that any adversity they face is their own problem and should be treated as such.
    Yeah, I wouldn't feel a shred of sympathy. I don't regard them as particularly useful. Nonetheless, I'd be bothered by the idea of people being murdered for their beliefs.