Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Mind explaining to me how?

    Personally, I don't have the 2nd trinket I meet I use Festerblight so I've been 2h Frost and I still severely out DPS a number of people at my iLevel.

    Whenever I play standard Unholy, I'm much lower than usual on damage, even when using Festerblight with the one trinket that works with it (Feather).

    Frost isn't low, and IMO it's actually nearly matched with Unholy.

    Or, somehow I'm the best Frost DK in the world, playing a broken spec, or everyone on my raid is simply awful (which, they're really not).

    Sorry if I sound rude but I don't understand why so many people argue Frost is destroyed by Unholy. I can't know for certain until I get Primordius' trinket and test it, but you get the picture.

    (I was being sarcastic with the whole best Frost DK by the way :P)
    Or you are more comfortable with frost therefore play it much better than Unholy? when i swapped to festerblight it took a small amount of time (couple of lfr wings and a farm raid) before i stopped hesitating the rotation due to not playing it as much as frost (which was second nature at the time) you can see a huge difference in dps just being familiar and comfortable in the spec.
    As for out dpsing other people in your ilvl unless your playing in the top 1% of guilds where everyone is playing their spec to there max potential dps is more about skill than gear/class/spec (yes some classes do favour boss fights but in general) and because you are used to frost and can play it well you will out dps people, the same will happen in unholy when you get used to it.

  2. #62
    Festerblight unholy is way ahead of both frost subspecs in 5.2. WAY ahead.

    Regular unholy sims roughly equivalent to frost in 5.2; it would perform better on some fights and worse on others.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Mind explaining to me how?

    Personally, I don't have the 2nd trinket I meet I use Festerblight so I've been 2h Frost and I still severely out DPS a number of people at my iLevel.

    Whenever I play standard Unholy, I'm much lower than usual on damage, even when using Festerblight with the one trinket that works with it (Feather).

    Frost isn't low, and IMO it's actually nearly matched with Unholy.

    Or, somehow I'm the best Frost DK in the world, playing a broken spec, or everyone on my raid is simply awful (which, they're really not).

    Sorry if I sound rude but I don't understand why so many people argue Frost is destroyed by Unholy. I can't know for certain until I get Primordius' trinket and test it, but you get the picture.

    (I was being sarcastic with the whole best Frost DK by the way :P)
    Check actual logs. Top frost parses would barely even rank for unholy.

  4. #64
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Check actual logs. Top frost parses would barely even rank for unholy.
    Then I honestly have no idea what I could possibly be doing wrong with Unholy.

    My only guess is that it's because I don't have the 2nd best trinket for Festerblight.

    I just want to know what exactly I'm doing wrong with Unholy so that I can fix it and actually go the spec, but I'm at my wits end with it.
    Last edited by Destil; 2013-05-08 at 02:33 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Then I honestly have no idea what I could possibly be doing wrong with Unholy.

    My only guess is that it's because I don't have the 2nd best trinket for Festerblight.

    I just want to know what exactly I'm doing wrong with Unholy so that I can fix it and actually go the spec, but I'm at my wits end with it.
    Or you are far more comfortable with frost, not everyone is able to pick up a new spec and play it perfectly instantly, it takes time and practise, especially with a spec like festerblight where a miss hit of your diseases or not managing your death runes properly can basically ruin you.

  6. #66
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    Or you are far more comfortable with frost, not everyone is able to pick up a new spec and play it perfectly instantly, it takes time and practise, especially with a spec like festerblight where a miss hit of your diseases or not managing your death runes properly can basically ruin you.
    Well, I mean I ALWAYS used to play Unholy, and it hasn't really changed since Cata.

    I'll keep practicing the spec but I can't entirely tell what I'd be doing wrong. Question: how hard exactly should the diseases for Festerblight be hitting for? Because I've been using that to gage if I'm doing it correctly.

  7. #67
    1Snail could you re run those Sims with the change to Unholy Might ? Please

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelljin View Post
    1Snail could you re run those Sims with the change to Unholy Might ? Please
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t131138-...6/#post2286302

  9. #69
    What you experience in raid is not indicative of the actual peak performance possibilities with the spec. You may me messing up the rotation or simply don't understand how to maximize damage by using ur cooldowns and pets effectively, it also depends on ur ilvl.. its hard to say why you're not seeing the right numbers without knowing more. The fact that you beat people in your raid means literally nothing, you may just be a better player than they are, or other factors may be at play. If you look at the sims you will see as ilvl rises, unholy pulls further and further ahead of frost. The fact of the matter is, this tier especially, there are just a ton of fights where multi-dotting is a huge increase in dps, and frost just cant compete with unholy in that regard.

  10. #70
    http://i.imgur.com/55ssHOk.jpg

    This is a comparison of my character's strength values in 5.2 and estaminated strength values in 5.3. As you can see I'll lose about 970 strength in total, but that's not the end of the story. As the upgrade system is coming back, we will be able to get a ton more strength from simply upgrading any version of Feather of Ji-Kun.

    http://i.imgur.com/WxHBSBs.jpg

    I believe that's why Unholy Might is getting nerfed, so festerblight doesn't run out of control. Without the 5% nerf, after upgrading any Feather trinket to 2/2 our DPS would go up really fast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •