Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    That brings up another point to. Should we consider any steps listed on that blog required? ergo forced? or is it all still optional?

There’s a small chance for Throne of Thunder LFR gear to come from the chests after you’ve completed your run
    And what is this chance u say... 0,01%... ? Thanks for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Here's what that blog should read:

1) Run dungeons (with tabards and valor)
    2) Buy gear (from rep and from valor)

Instead I have to print an excell spreadsheed and then sit in my chair with a lab coat and check off every little thing for an alt. Hell they are telling you to cheat the ilvl as much as possible even using pvp gear. This can't be the intended method going forward. They can't want gearing to be this convoluted and inelegant. I expect we will see some changes in the next expac.
    If the MoP gearing process is confusing to you, the only thing I can see is that you are intentionally trying to not understand it, because that's the only way I can see it being hard.

"Run Dungeons - Buy Gear" is boring as shit, and is why I spent most of Cataclysm flying laps around Stormwind trying to think of something to do. WoW has a lot of content in it now, and if you want to reach the "end" of it, you should have to do most of it. Why are dungeons so special that they should be the only thing you have to do to get ready for the end game. You should have to do dungeons, do story quests, do dailies, do scenarios, because that's what the game has.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    don't like the catch up post really, game has all become about these numbers, ilvl ilvl ilvl...
    WoW has always been a gear based game. Is it a great game? YES. However, is the carrot on a stick formula getting old? YES.

Really wish someone would come out with a real story driven MMO. Less gear development and more actual character development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    If the MoP gearing process is confusing to you, the only thing I can see is that you are intentionally trying to not understand it, because that's the only way I can see it being hard.
    They very fact that they had to create a blog telling you how to gear (a process that was almost always self explanatory in the past i.e you run dungeons) suggests that it is indeed very confusing.

The rest of what you wrote is drivel and can be dismissed as such. I want to dungeon and raid and I want it to be the most optimal process or optimal enough that I can do it in a day or two. I don't care for the rest of what wow has because it's pretty shitty. The story is pretty shitty, the immersion is almost nowhere to be found, dailies about the most mind numbding tedious chore I can think of (questing in general is), scenarios have no appeal and next to nobody does them.

The rest of what you wrote is drivel and can be dismissed as such.
    You must be an insufferable twat to know in real life. Dismissing something as "drivel" because it disagrees with something you said is useless.

I want to dungeon and raid and I want it to be the most optimal process or optimal enough that I can do it in a day or two. I don't care for the rest of what wow has because it's pretty shitty.
    Nice opinion. I find 5 man dungeons (except for trying to gold challenge modes) to be the most boring content in the game. It's the same fomula everytime. Tank runs in, AoE, kill easy boss, repeat. Obviously someone else might find this to not be true (like yourself). That's why the game has options. They are making the game for millions of players, not for you.

The story is pretty shitty, the immersion is almost nowhere to be found, dailies about the most mind numbding tedious chore I can think of (questing in general is), scenarios have no appeal and next to nobody does them.
    Warcraft actually has a very good story compared to most MMOs. If you actually bother to read the lore items, and a lot of the quest text (especially from Cho) there is actually a ton of depth that most people are skipping over in the name of "efficiency". I enjoy doing dailies, however I know that's an unpopular theory so I wont bother trying to defend it.

Also, as someone with 7 max level characters, and likely 11 by the end of MoP, I will also respectfully disagree that questing is boring. There is a lot of charm to getting home from work and logging on a mid level character and relaxing by going through quests for 30-60 minutes while listening to music and having a drink. It's become sort of habit for me, and I'd hate to see it made irrelevant because some forum troll thinks they are boring.

Deleted
    In 5.2, we significantly increased drop rates in the Raid Finder versions of Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, so it’s quite possible to walk into the Raid Finder and have enough Elder Charms to use a bonus roll on every boss you kill (with greatly increased drop chances) for a tremendous loot yield.
    So much crap! I keep playing and rolling and - nothing. I am never getting the tier token from Sha of fear

I started MoP late, around Xmas, and didn't hit 90 until mid January. I actually had to google what I should do to gear my characters (I'm no scrub either, I've had my account since 2005). For example, I didn't know that scenarios dropped gear for weeks until I got a piece randomly. I also went weeks without knowing about the ilvl 522 necklace for no rep. Little things like that should be much more intuitive. Glad they're trying to help for now, and maybe fix it up a bit for the next ex pack.