Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is our Fotm finally ending?

    Is it? Because all the rerollers are so annoying. *Rolls eyes*
    Whatever happened to people picking their class because they enjoy it rather than because "They get shiny things and big buffs"??

    I remember becoming a warlock because I liked the soulshard farming. I like the pet and mount questlines. I loved casting dots and draining life (Too bad mop ruined this for me). I Like going meta form and having 600% armor (Really Mop.. Again?).

    Am I the only one who feels Cataclysm removed all the fun quests we once had? The gathering of soulshards. (Am I the only one who missed farming em?)
    I miss warlock questlines for pets, so the green fire quest made me so happy!

  2. #2
    I do wish they'd keep the cool class quests we had, like epic mount quests and such.

    I think Warlock is pretty great in MoP though.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I do wish they'd keep the cool class quests we had, like epic mount quests and such.

    I think Warlock is pretty great in MoP though.
    Well, I liked what they did to destruction in Mop.
    I have mixed feelings about what they did to Demo because I don't like how Demonic Fury works but I do like how meta forms new attacks are
    , and Affliction just ... The dots aren't what they used to be, Malefic Grasp ruined it for me/

  4. #4
    Yeah it really sucked didn't it?.. The countless hours spent farming soulshards, having to drain soul kill 40 crocolisks before showing up for the raid and then having to go and gather as many as possible while the rest of the raid had a 10 min break. No break for us. Just exhaustion.

    Then comes MOP and takes away signature moves and making us choose one of them, rather than having all 3 (I'm looking at you Howl, Death Coil and Shadow Fury!).

    To top it off we get a crazily low drop-rate quest that is so (amazingly) challenging that (probably) 95% of the locks will never get it done, in spite of the boss mods and guides that have been developed for this reason alone.

    No but seriously; I do tend to look back with rose-tinted glasses, but you're at a point where I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or actually being serious. Did you genuinly enjoy farming soulshards for several hours / week? I understand that you might *think* that you enjoyed it now, having done it, but at the time I'm fairly sure nobody enjoyed that endless chore. If you're really looking for "fun quests" aka chores, go do 25 daily quests, daily bg, daily challenge mode and the daily heroic dungeon, if that doesn't sate your desire do some pet battling.

  5. #5
    I'm sadly one of the minorities, I didn't pick up my warlock until I decided I was done with my spam three button DK as a main at the release of MoP. I wanted something different and I definitely got it in the end, you're definitely not the only one that misses the old questlines as it seems almost half of our raid group was discussing how they miss running them on their warlocks. You can only be as unique as you think you are in this game, got a cool transmog? someone else has it, and probably did it better. Did 50+ pulls on the green fire questline? Welcome to shrine, where warlocks spam their green RoF all over the place.

    Alas, warlocks are definitely up there with DKs, Hunters and Priests now in terms of the most played classes, no one that mains one likes seeing 30 other players on your class but rotations have gotten easier then they were in cata and the class in general is just more appealing to players as a good class to re-roll to or rock as an alt. Only way to fix it is to wait for another class to get dolled up and rounded out, probably whoever gets the next legendary or questline (obviously).

  6. #6
    I wasn't aware warlock ever was FotM, at least not since the end of BC. They haven't really been the strongest class since, and they've always been one of the least played classes overall. I'm not sure how that qualifies as FotM. And yes, you're probably the only one that misses gathering soul shards.

  7. #7
    MLS end of WotLK, Lock/Shaman/X throughout ALL of Cata (go watch any tournament from season 9 to season 12), and whatever the hell is going on with them now. I stopped playing actively a few months ago, so no idea what their OP spec is.

  8. #8
    The Patient elmachino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bålsta, Sweden
    Posts
    315
    I created a warlock just cuz if the green fire
    cuz priest dont have shiny things like that

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaNew View Post
    Whatever happened to people picking their class because they enjoy it rather than because "They get shiny things and big buffs"???). !
    Every guild under the sun became increasingly elitist in their requirements and people who want to progression raid either play the big strong class or get benched.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I wasn't aware warlock ever was FotM, at least not since the end of BC. They haven't really been the strongest class since, and they've always been one of the least played classes overall. I'm not sure how that qualifies as FotM. And yes, you're probably the only one that misses gathering soul shards.
    So you didn't notice the increase of warlocks everywhere since MoP?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaNew View Post
    So you didn't notice the increase of warlocks everywhere since MoP?
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...ition-0-0.html

  12. #12
    Without a previous data point that still tells us very little, and it doesn't make clear what your point is with the post either, posting more then just a link would have been (more) helpful.

    I think I can guess at your point though, warlocks aren't widely represented even now, during this supposed increase of locks eveywhere. From following these stats I know we have gone up a bit though. We used to be closer to Rogues then we are now.

    I think we're just a bit too dark and evil to be universally liked, tbh, so I don't see us ever becoming one of the top played classes. Mists reinvigorated us though, and made the class a bit less clunky and more differentiated between the specs. It did not make us played significantly more, however.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Every guild under the sun became increasingly elitist in their requirements and people who want to progression raid either play the big strong class or get benched.
    OR! They made it so you can level a character in 1-2 weeks of casual play as opposed to 4-5 months of grind. Cause I totally remember the elitist thing from vanilla.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Every guild under the sun became increasingly elitist in their requirements and people who want to progression raid either play the big strong class or get benched.
    If this is true why do 10mans still use ret paladins

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Dragore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaNew View Post
    I remember becoming a warlock because I liked the soulshard farming...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaNew View Post
    I remember becoming a warlock because I liked the soulshard farming...


    This is madness!

    I don't think it lost its fotm, i think people are just getting to that point where they are playing alts again.

  16. #16
    I remember becoming a warlock because I liked the soulshard farming.
    you sir, are insane.

    I've been a lock since day 1 of wow, and ive always hated soulshard farming. While i certainly do not miss that aspect of it, im not sure im especially happy with the new method either...its not a bad system, i just dont like having to hope for procs to generate more shards. I liked that the soul shard thing was mostly a volintary thing for abilities that were on the 'bonus' side of things, making it a part of our dps rotation ....eh...i suppose i can live with it, but i think Id run back to being a less resource management dependant class, instead having our power baked into our spells and getting the most of them was a matter of skill, not more a matter of waiting for a proc.
    .

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    you sir, are insane.

    I've been a lock since day 1 of wow, and ive always hated soulshard farming. While i certainly do not miss that aspect of it, im not sure im especially happy with the new method either...its not a bad system, i just dont like having to hope for procs to generate more shards. I liked that the soul shard thing was mostly a volintary thing for abilities that were on the 'bonus' side of things, making it a part of our dps rotation ....eh...i suppose i can live with it, but i think Id run back to being a less resource management dependant class, instead having our power baked into our spells and getting the most of them was a matter of skill, not more a matter of waiting for a proc.
    .
    Well I also like cataclysms soulshard managing too. The fact that they made soulshards for affliction only upsets me.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I've been a lock since day 1 of wow, and ive always hated soulshard farming.
    This. Standing in front of Naxx, farming the mobs there for 30 min to gather soul shards and waste half of them again to port people who were too lazy to take the flight paths.
    Great fun.

    Also, it might depend on your server, but on mine...locks might have gotten a bit more common, but that's nothing compared to the flood of shadow priests etc.
    Last edited by Nivis; 2013-05-02 at 05:18 PM.

  19. #19
    They were in both cata and wotlk.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  20. #20
    There has always been the occasional periods when a class will become OP and get a bunch of people rolling them just because they think they can faceroll to the top of the list. we may have shined in 5.0-5.1 pretty well because suddenly we were given so much in terms of flexability but the 5.2 nerfs really dulled the attraction as the same dps numbers really require more work to reach now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •