Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [Spoiler] - The Old Seer

    So with the new quest added, it's pretty obvious what's coming in SoO. Now the question is, do we kill off Garrosh, or do we blame it on the Sha?

  2. #2
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,487
    I actually hope we will get rid of him, with or without the sha, he is a monster.

  3. #3
    Blue tweets have confirmed that Garrosh is not possessed/corrupted, he's just a bad apple. I suspect the sha of pride might give him a power boost at the end to make Garrosh final expansion raid boss worthy. (Because let's face it, he's a tough orc but he's no Illidan/Kil'Jaeden/Lich King/Deathwing.) It's either that or I fear it will be an add fight dealing with Garrosh's legions of Kor'kron or experiments from Ragefire.

    Alternatively, I wouldn't be shocked if Garrosh WASN'T the last boss and after his death the Sha of Pride rises up and we have to kill it as the last boss, or some sort of avatar of Y'shaarj. Though my preference would be a sha powered Garrosh so long as the story doesn't try and pin Garrosh's mistakes on the sha.

  4. #4
    Garrosh Hellscream is a very important for the Horde, is none other than the son of the redeemer of the orc race!

    I sincerely hope that Garrosh does not die ... because if the Horde runs out of heroes of their own ... Blizzard will rob or neutralize our heroes of the Alliance!


  5. #5
    Mechagnome Thulyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Norway.
    Posts
    532
    I really hope Garrosh gets killed. Hes not worthy of being Horde/Warchief!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Blue tweets have confirmed that Garrosh is not possessed/corrupted, he's just a bad apple. I suspect the sha of pride might give him a power boost at the end to make Garrosh final expansion raid boss worthy. (Because let's face it, he's a tough orc but he's no Illidan/Kil'Jaeden/Lich King/Deathwing.) It's either that or I fear it will be an add fight dealing with Garrosh's legions of Kor'kron or experiments from Ragefire.

    Alternatively, I wouldn't be shocked if Garrosh WASN'T the last boss and after his death the Sha of Pride rises up and we have to kill it as the last boss, or some sort of avatar of Y'shaarj. Though my preference would be a sha powered Garrosh so long as the story doesn't try and pin Garrosh's mistakes on the sha.
    I half expect this, except that I could see after Garrosh seeing he is losing in the add fight, he purposefully unleashes his last weapon, the Sha of Pride, letting it possess his body so that he can crush his enemies.

    This allows for the sha powered Garrosh without saying "Oh, he was possessed all along, wasn't his fault" because that is just blatant bullshit many would have a hard time accepting.

  7. #7
    I think we will fight the Sha, and Sha-empowered Garrosh. Would be nice to see during the Sha fight some of the NPC's get mind-controlled because of their own pride (Vol'jin, Varian)

  8. #8
    im guessing it will be something like garrosh will be too proud to admit to making a mistake and thus the sha takes over him. would rather see more complex lore in SoO instead of random bosses.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    I really hope Garrosh gets killed. Hes not worthy of being Horde/Warchief!
    He never wanted to be Warchief. I hope he lives and is just punished, i hate killing off a great military mind and making our forces suffer.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-05-02 at 02:36 PM.

  10. #10
    I think the ultimate for me would be:

    Start fight with Garrosh (100%)
    at 80% Garrosh calls in his fancy Kor'kron
    at 50% The Sha of Pride gets involved and makes Garrosh stronger - Kor-kron still coming!
    at 15% there is a cut scene and Garrosh frees himself from the recent empowerment of the Sha of Pride, the Sha of Pride then spawns (100% health) Garrosh becomes friendly (still at 15%)
    Sha of Pride tries to corrupt other NPC faction leaders - could have an game play effect similar to the Yogg+0/1/2/3/4 type thing, you could disable different NPC's some how?
    at 10% the Sha of Pride goes bat shit crazy, all sorts of bad shit starts happening, at 1% Sha kills Garrosh as we then slay him.

    This way Garrosh redeems himself, somewhat, but still is gotten rid of, everyone is happy!

  11. #11
    imo Garrosh has done too much to be redeemed. Grom had the excuse of the blood curse for his violent and stupid actions. Garrosh has no excuse. Letting Malkorok run rampant with kor'kron secret police. Using blood elves like canon fodder. All around insulting and not caring about any non orc races in the Horde. And this isn't even touching what he's done to the Alliance. The guy shouldn't get a free pass because his daddy managed to do one heroic thing before dying.

    Am I the only one that kinda calls BS on Grom killing Mannoroth anyway? Using an ordinary axe to one shot a pit lord? Really? The battle should have been more involved than that. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been able to take Mannoroth, but it just seems silly to me re watching that cutscene. "Oh, he got a hit in. Mannoroth is exploding. Isn't that convenient."
    Last edited by Malzra; 2013-05-02 at 03:07 PM.

  12. #12
    Garrosh doesn't deserve to be redeemed - agreed. Although he will probably have a moment of regret once the Sha has been disposed of, whether he dies or not.

  13. #13
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Garrosh dies because he'll no longer be warchief, plain and simple. Also, he won't be corrupt as in mind controlled, do Pandaria again and see how sha corruption works.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I think the ultimate for me would be:

    Start fight with Garrosh (100%)
    at 80% Garrosh calls in his fancy Kor'kron
    at 50% The Sha of Pride gets involved and makes Garrosh stronger - Kor-kron still coming!
    at 15% there is a cut scene and Garrosh frees himself from the recent empowerment of the Sha of Pride, the Sha of Pride then spawns (100% health) Garrosh becomes friendly (still at 15%)
    Sha of Pride tries to corrupt other NPC faction leaders - could have an game play effect similar to the Yogg+0/1/2/3/4 type thing, you could disable different NPC's some how?
    at 10% the Sha of Pride goes bat shit crazy, all sorts of bad shit starts happening, at 1% Sha kills Garrosh as we then slay him.

    This way Garrosh redeems himself, somewhat, but still is gotten rid of, everyone is happy!
    No, Sha is going to trap him in a tomb of darkness at 80% and at 10% everyone will get insane debuff(being controlled by Sha), then Garrosh will say
    "HONOR GRANT ME ONE FINAL BLESSING. GIVE ME THE STRENGTH... TO SHATTER THESE BONDS!"
    and then Grom Hellscream ghost will appear and say
    "Garrosh, you are the one who can help Horde fight with darkness which they have in their hearts! It is over, my son. This is the moment of reckoning."
    Then Garrosh kill last Sha and die because of wounds and Grom will say
    "There always must be... A Warchief!"
    (epic thunder in the background casted by Thrall)
    Eventually Vol'jin will sit on the throne in the Orgrimmar and will say to Thrall who is holding badge of the Warchief
    "Thrall! You hold a grim destiny in your hands, brother - but it is not your own."


    Actually I think Garrosh should die, no one likes him(most players hate him I think).

  15. #15
    I would be okay with if Varian all of a sudden burst in right befor the moment Vol'Jin (or whoever) is going to deal the final blow, blindsiding the horde. Varian desides to kidnap and imprison Garrosh, claiming he is mercyful but actually it's more of an ego boost. Varian has gotten a boost of moral and leadership lately. Wouldn't be suprised if he "misused it". This would blackend the Alliance standpoint a bit (which is needed since Garrosh decided to blackend the Horde) and would also spark a new conflict between the Alliance and the Horde that feels robbed of their vengeance, and could also spark conflict within the Alliance aswell. Particularly those who would rather see him dead (.. Jaina).

    I think it would be cool if we actually DID NOT kill of the last boss of an expasion. It leaves more to the future.

  16. #16
    Garrosh does not deserve redemption, nor does he deserve his life. Nothing less than Garrosh's death will please the rebels and the Alliance, and you he's too disillusioned to admit he was wrong, which is a requirement for self-redemption. Here's what I want happening

    -P1 is mostly an add fight as we take on the Kor'Kron Garrosh has empowered and kept as his personal thugs. We kill them all, and then Garrosh enters the fight.
    -At 90%, Garrosh absorbs the power of the SIX (hinthint) Sha that he knows of (double hint), increasing his strength.
    -At 50%, Garrosh meddles with the Heart of War, coming into contact with the blood, and growing in size and strength.
    -At 10%, Garrosh breaks the Heart of War in desperation, shouting how he will be the greatest Orc of all time when BAM, possessed by the Sha of Pride.
    -The Shadow and Blood merges, as Y'Shaarj takes on the form of an avatar, the God of War.

    The cinematic could be Garrosh stumbling to his feet, and as he composes himself, charges toward Varian. Varian nods, then suddenly Garrosh stops, looks down, and sees an arrow in his chest.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,844
    I definitely see his death coming, and I sincerely hope the last thing he'll hear will be "You dissapoint me, Garrosh."

    While I like Garrosh, and I think he makes for great lore, there's really not much reason to keep him around afterwards. Like with Tirion, the old man does nothing these days, he might aswell have been killed off. I don't want Garrosh to end in such a situation, then I'd rather he dies than have his character bastardized or do nothing.

  18. #18
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,082
    Garrosh has way too much pride to be consumed by the Sha of Pride.

    He isn't possessed and he isn't corrupted. It doesn't mean that he can't use the tools and weapons that he has uncovered in Pandaria to his advantage though. Him being a mindless servant of the Sha doesn't really fit his character, during the Divine Bell scenario thing he just pounds on that bell and nothing happens to him. He has conquered most of the vices that this expansion brings up and that's what makes him so powerful.

    Would love to see his father make an appearance though, although not as cheesy as 'there must always be a lich king!"

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, Sha is going to trap him in a tomb of darkness at 80% and at 10% everyone will get insane debuff(being controlled by Sha), then Garrosh will say
    "HONOR GRANT ME ONE FINAL BLESSING. GIVE ME THE STRENGTH... TO SHATTER THESE BONDS!"
    and then Grom Hellscream ghost will appear and say
    "Garrosh, you are the one who can help Horde fight with darkness which they have in their hearts! It is over, my son. This is the moment of reckoning."
    Then Garrosh kill last Sha and die because of wounds and Grom will say
    "There always must be... A Warchief!"
    (epic thunder in the background casted by Thrall)
    Eventually Vol'jin will sit on the throne in the Orgrimmar and will say to Thrall who is holding badge of the Warchief
    "Thrall! You hold a grim destiny in your hands, brother - but it is not your own."


    Actually I think Garrosh should die, no one likes him(most players hate him I think).
    No, Garrosh falls on the ground dying because of his wounds.
    And his last words are.

    Thrall is there in the fight and sees everything.

    Garrosh Hellscream: I have freed myself.
    Thrall:No old friend, You have freed us all.
    Thrall screams in the air.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  20. #20
    See one thing that Annoys me about Garrosh, (and theres alot but staying on topic) And Baine pointed this out in the novel Tides of War. Theres a line after Garrosh drops the mana bomb were baine looks at him and said "I cant believe this is the same Garrosh who punished a general, for dropping a bomb on innocents in Stonetalon" Talk about being a hipocrit?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •