1. #1

    heroic 2 or 3 heal

    Starting heroics next week. We have 2 healed every boss this tier from start to finish on normal mode. We have done this for many tiers and expansions because quite frankly our 3rd healer is a full time dps with little to no healing experience and low item level. Are we going to be in for a surprise in heroics? I am hoping most of them are 2 heal friendly but I saw a ton of kill videos on just normal modes 3 healing so I am kind of scared. Seems like Megaera would definently be 3 healed on heroic due to how challenging it was 2 healing it (at least at first, now its kind of a joke)

    It's me (Resto shaman) and a Holy Paladin

    Any info or advice would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,954
    I'm pretty sure at least 75% of them can be 2 healed, a fair few are meant to be 2 healed as well.

  3. #3
    Council/Mag/Primordius are going to be a real hassle to 2heal on heroic.

  4. #4
    The first 3 that you will likely attempt are 2 healable, thats jin'rokh - horridon and ji'kun. After that its a bit hazy for me, I'm sure they *can* all be 2 healed but for fights like megara I'd imagine 3 would be preferred for progression.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Council/Mag/Primordius are going to be a real hassle to 2heal on heroic.
    Primo and Council are managable with 2 healers. Mag is quite impossible without a lot of hybrid heal.

    We are 10/13 atm and 2 heal every encounter exept Mag with Holy Pally and Disc.

  6. #6
    For us.

    Jin'rokh: 3
    Horridon: 2
    Council: 3
    Tortos: 2
    Ji'Kun: 2
    Iron Qon: 3

    Those are the heroics we've done so far. Next up is Magaera, gonna try 2 healing it, since we got prot pally, and shadow priest, but might 3 heal it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerzuhlinio View Post
    Primo and Council are managable with 2 healers. Mag is quite impossible without a lot of hybrid heal.

    We are 10/13 atm and 2 heal every encounter exept Mag with Holy Pally and Disc.
    Probably won't be for them. Remember, if you're already 10 heroic modes in, that means that you have players that are above the "average". The guy asking questions here comes from a guild that hasn't even set foot in heroics, a few months after release. For their healers to be able to manage to 2 heal stuff on progress would be quite a feat.

    That aside, having a pally+disc (the two most OP healers this tier) is *almost* like having 3 healers - especially for the fights where there is damage-increases to take advantage of, that disc doubledips with (horridon, ji kun, primordius). Last, but not least, the smart-healing of disc's atonement is far superior to that of any other healing, meaning that it'll take care of bursts of raid dmg far more efficiently than a shaman ever could dream of .

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    It's me (Resto shaman) and a Holy Paladin

    Any info or advice would be appreciated.
    Most can (and should) be 2-healed on HC. Exceptions would be Council and IQ. Meg will suck 2-healing as well. But, bolded a big issue. RShams are awful this tier; too much movement, too little clumping/grouping to get good mileage out of healing rain/chain heal. Not saying you're a bad player, but a good RSham is still leagues behind a decent disc or even MW. Add to that the amount of offense that a Disc brings and the problem grows.

    Trying to do 10m HCs without a disc, is similar to trying to do it without a Protpal. You CAN, and people HAVE...but it's going to be far harder and tighter (that's what she said?) than using them. Sadly, RSham is bottom of the barrel in 10s, but due to their power in 25s and PVP they can't really be adjusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! aikoyamamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    For us.

    Jin'rokh: 3
    Horridon: 2
    Council: 3
    Tortos: 2
    Ji'Kun: 2
    Iron Qon: 3

    Those are the heroics we've done so far. Next up is Magaera, gonna try 2 healing it, since we got prot pally, and shadow priest, but might 3 heal it.
    I'm a bit curious on Jin'rokh. We've found him pretty easy to 2 heal, granted people avoid the lightning balls.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  10. #10
    Hey Dracodraco just nailed it! Think you better equip your offspec heal and let him/her get some exp in NH encounters.

    Just looked over few logs from my guild and recognized we 3 healed those bosses on our fristkill: (Pally , Disc , Drood)

    -Jinrokh
    -Mag
    -Jikuhn
    -Primo
    -Quon
    -Twins

    -> 6 Encounters out of 10 we downed so I would suggest to get ur offspec heal ready asap.

    The 3rd heal doesnt has to be as good as the other 2 heals. He is just there to even out fails and emergency situations imho.

    Our drood often healed with about 5-6k spirit cause he was too lazy to reforge

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Most can (and should) be 2-healed on HC. Exceptions would be Council and IQ. Meg will suck 2-healing as well. But, bolded a big issue. RShams are awful this tier; too much movement, too little clumping/grouping to get good mileage out of healing rain/chain heal. Not saying you're a bad player, but a good RSham is still leagues behind a decent disc or even MW. Add to that the amount of offense that a Disc brings and the problem grows.

    Trying to do 10m HCs without a disc, is similar to trying to do it without a Protpal. You CAN, and people HAVE...but it's going to be far harder and tighter (that's what she said?) than using them. Sadly, RSham is bottom of the barrel in 10s, but due to their power in 25s and PVP they can't really be adjusted.
    I know its sad but true.... Do you think I should just play my disc priest? I had speed leveled one last tier for Blade lord and wind lord easy kills with Spirit Shell. He is about 500 ilvl , whereas my shaman is 519. I also dont have a ton of disc experience but I am a good player and I picked Disc up quickly. Maybe I should just switch permanently. I love my shammy!

  12. #12
    Disc is and will be way better than a shaman for 10 HMs, for current content and future patches imho.
    2 Options:
    -Play what YOU want to play
    -Play whats best for your RAID

    Sometimes its more fun to play a class you actually do not like as some other class, while pushing your progression further.

    Its up to you and your mates....

    switching to a disc can also have some negative effects on Loot ect. just keep that in mind if you already have some Mages/Locks/Spriests in ur roster.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerzuhlinio View Post
    Disc is and will be way better than a shaman for 10 HMs, for current content and future patches imho.
    2 Options:
    -Play what YOU want to play
    -Play whats best for your RAID

    Sometimes its more fun to play a class you actually do not like as some other class, while pushing your progression further.

    Its up to you and your mates....

    switching to a disc can also have some negative effects on Loot ect. just keep that in mind if you already have some Mages/Locks/Spriests in ur roster.
    Yeah we have all 3..... +warrior +dk +enc shammy. I rake in all the mail spirit. I know I would play resto shammy better if I wasnt a raid leader, I'm on my mic a whole lot. Thanks for the advice and input.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I know its sad but true.... Do you think I should just play my disc priest? I had speed leveled one last tier for Blade lord and wind lord easy kills with Spirit Shell. He is about 500 ilvl , whereas my shaman is 519. I also dont have a ton of disc experience but I am a good player and I picked Disc up quickly. Maybe I should just switch permanently. I love my shammy!
    Short answer: Yes.

    Long answer: Yes. And here's why. Our guild (top 30ish US 10m) was a 25 in t14, and ended up kinda crumbling due to burnout. My GF played a Resto Sham since we needed one, and benched her long-time main priest. In 10m, we all knew she was holding back heals a lot. Doing fights as MW/RSham was possible, and we DID progress, but holy god as soon as she went disc it was like we cut loose an anchor. If you like priest/disc (as she does), I'd urge you to swap to it now. If you don't, try out Ele (as the CL cleave is fucking insane) and recruit a good disc. You'll go way farther. Shaman CDs are great, but so much of their toolkit is wasted in 10mans. Add to that the offensive utility of a disc (and error-proof smart heals) and you have a no-brainer. Get timers for things like Rapture, trackers for SShell, and you're good to go.

    Between her, our MW (who likes to fist weave) and myself (prot pal) and my co/off-tank (BrM), we basically have 3.5 healers, and 3 DPS filling the tank/healer roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •