The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

7990 vs Titan vs 690

For my new build I'm looking for a new gpu. Although, I'm not sure which of these to pick. There about in the same price range. The radeon one is a bit more expensive.. But which one would net me the most performance?

Other specs
    Either i5/i7 - ivy or sandy ( not sure ) OC 4,8-5,0
    8 / 16 gb memory
    250 GB SSD
    1920x1080p
    1 TB HDD

I'm going to do streaming, videos on YouTube so I'm trying to the get a bit on the top with the performance. The Gpu might be a overkill, might just go for a 7970 GHZ, in pair.

Games that I will play is mostly new games, nothing like crysis, wow, in general not MMO. Everything else.

What do you think? I'm pretty sure the GPU is a bit on the top but.. Give it a shot.

SLI Titan is the way to go if you can affort it. It would be a waste of money tho

Deleted
    Titan always lol

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphic...D-7970-Cross-6

may be a good read for you. they are comparing exactly these three cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    for 1080 don't get a titan, a single 7970 is what you should be looking at, but if you want a bit more power, dual 670's or a 690 will work

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphic...D-7970-Cross-6

may be a good read for you. they are comparing exactly these three cards.
    Thanks mate!

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    for 1080 don't get a titan, a single 7970 is what you should be looking at, but if you want a bit more power, dual 670's or a 690 will work
    What about 7990? In benchmarks that don't use physx it beats the 690, which again beats the Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your spending that much money then wait for the 780 card which may be a cheaper version of the GTX Titan or a better version. Should be out by 23 May I believe.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    What about 7990? In benchmarks that don't use physx it beats the 690, which again beats the Titan.
    i didn't mention it for a reason

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    If your spending that much money then wait for the 780 card which may be a cheaper version of the GTX Titan or a better version. Should be out by 23 May I believe.
    Oh, might just wait for AMD new A series and build a pc without a gpu.

How is your 7970 performing? Ghz or not? And what about the CPU? Will I need a I7 for streaming?

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i didn't mention it for a reason
    Please tell, I was really considering buying it, but I can't see too many benchmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Rumor has it it won't be that cheap unfortunately

I looked at the 680, 690, 7990, 7970Ghz and Titan for my build I have posted in the computer build thread. And I seriously couldn't justify the cost of a Titan even with a 3930k...it's just way too much money. In comparison, and I'm sure other can correct me if I'm wrong, the 7970Ghz just seems the best value vs performance at the moment.

Yes, the Titan is a beast and one of the most powerful cards we've seen but looking at cost vs performance vs what the games now expect it really didn't justify

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I looked at the 680, 690, 7990, 7970Ghz and Titan for my build I have posted in the computer build thread. And I seriously couldn't justify the cost of a Titan even with a 3930k...it's just way too much money. In comparison, and I'm sure other can correct me if I'm wrong, the 7970Ghz just seems the best value vs performance at the moment.

Yes, the Titan is a beast and one of the most powerful cards we've seen but looking at cost vs performance vs what the games now expect it really didn't justify
    In terms of raw performance the 7970Ghz is about neck tied w/ the 680 as they battle back and forth game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    In terms of raw performance the 7970Ghz is about neck tied w/ the 680 as they battle back and forth game to game.
    Right, I agree...so I guess you can say it's a toss up.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, might just wait for AMD new A series and build a pc without a gpu.

How is your 7970 performing? Ghz or not? And what about the CPU? Will I need a I7 for streaming?

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 12:03 PM ----------

Please tell, I was really considering buying it, but I can't see too many benchmarks
    The reason is because Xfire drivers are shaky at best and with the 7990 you have to use Xfire drivers. you're pretty much buying 2 7970's slagged together idk I mean I would rather have a titan then a 7990 just because it's a single card. Like everybody else is saying I would get a 7970Ghz and be done with it better value and you can spend your money on other parts like a bigger SSD or the new haswell CPU coming out.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Right, I agree...so I guess you can say it's a toss up.
    I would say the 7970Ghz is better and actually I would rather have a 670 then a 680 just because I don't think the price difference per the performance is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the 7970 Gigabyte OC, not the GHZ Edition since they are voltage locked.
    My 7970 kills any game I throw at it, even Crysis 3 at Ultra + FXAA. This is because my huge overclock. It's performing better than my overclocked 680 Lightning in every game i've played.

You don't need more than a 7970+overclock for 1080p to max games.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    single card should be prefered solution. (CF/SLI can be way too unstable/bad scaling performance etc)
    also another thing to keep in mind for such cards is overclocking. (a 7990 can't OC for shit what i've seen, whereas a titan or a single 7970Ghz can be pushed +-15-20% further)
    best is to compare results in games you actually play. (also if streaming a get a dedicated capture card instead of a 3930k/3960x in case you were considering it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because while average framerates appear to put some crossfire configurations ahead of some SLI or single card, theres a more important factor when considering gaming performance on a card, and thats minimum framerates and frame latency, something that crossfire is terrible at. Frame latency is much higher and min framerate is lower than SLI. Crossfire has all sorts of micro stutter and the like still, i'd never go crossfire over SLI or even a single card.

Don't let average framerates deceive you.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those cards are all pointless for 1080p.

Unless you plan to game on 5760x1080 (across 3 1080p displays) in the near future or will go 1440p or 4k, you really don't need those GPUs.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water