Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    This thread should be closed. By starting this thread you engaged another one of those debates you're so tired of.

Deleted
    I love elitist people. They are all trollbait and extremely labile.

We need them to have fun on the forums and in-game chats

You know what, i think 90% of people playing don't really care (elitist and casuals combined) and see the genuine merits with things that Blizzard provide, understand the hardwork that goes into harder raiding, and understand that everything in game will depreciate eventually.

out of the remaining incredible vocal 10% they seem to be the far extremes of both sides.

First we have The Special snowflakes, that think they should be the only ones entitiled to EVERYTHING because they're super l33t (or they were back in WOTLK anyway), no-one else should have anything they have(especially not that mount/title they got back in Wrath) or any epics, and fail to aknowledge the problems if this was actually implemented across the board for everything.

Then we have what I call The Pissy Princesses, that think that because they play they should be entitled to have EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in game, no matter how much time or effort they have to put in to the game and genuinely seem to think that if they can only put an hour or two into the game each week, it's unfair that people who have the time to put days of time into the game get items out of it before they do.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The best way to piss off a elitist: tell him/her "it is just a game!"
    The best way to piss off a casual: tell him/her "LFR isn't raiding"

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, all gamers are my sons. /thread

Although when I think about it... that makes me quite the deadbeat dad!
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    The best way to piss off a elitist: tell him/her "it is just a game!"
    The best way to piss off a casual: tell him/her "LFR isn't raiding"
    omg. you just made my day......
    Thank you for that laugh.....
    10 interwebs for you
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    omg. you just made my day......
    Thank you for that laugh.....
    10 interwebs for you
    It's even funnier because both statements are actually true.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Honestly, it's been quiet on those issues for a while. This forum used to be plagued by those debates.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2013-05-03 at 01:23 PM. Reason: mispelling

I don't think there should be seprate forums or whatever; but yes, I am tired of seeing people get up in arms about how other people play or function in a damn video game.

Maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore or that I don't quite play the way I did in college but sheesh; it's nuts thinking that people really give a shit that someone else has the same armor/weapons/mounts/etc that they do in World of Warcraft.

I feel very similarly concerning people who want "exclusivity" of their League of Legends skins too. So damn weird.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Considering you are calling hardcore gamers "Elitists" instead of "Hardcore" I see which "faction"
    you belong to yourself. Starting a thread like this you should really try to stay more neutral.

And it's not like people are either Hardcore or Casual. It's not X or Y. Some people play more and
    some people play less seriously. Who decides at which point you are a hardcore gamer?

Calling hardcore gamers "Elitists" is the same as calling casual gamers "scrubs" or "baddies".
    So why not name the forums / realms:

General - "Scrubnubs"
    General - "Hardcore"

The people who you call elitists are players who enjoy beating challenges and improving your
    skill at the game more than story and aesthetics. If you can't handle an opinion about the game
    that differs from your one you probably shouldn't spend much time on a video game forum.

Doesn't matter if you are more of a casual player or a hardcore one. You should not get butthurt
    so much if someone has a different opinion or a view about the game than you.
    Does it really matter what words I used? Be it elitist, bads, casuals, hardcore, everyone know what it is about. Im just sick of every post with every subject ends in same flamewars.
    And it does not matter which "faction" I belong to, probably neither, as I understand both sides and thier motivation in this game.
    But I just cant understand these flamewars, thred after thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    My opinion on the word "elitist" are those that look down on others and calling them out if they are really bad at the game, in dungeons for examples. They expect everyone to be hardcore gamers. The opposite of elitist is not casual. Casual has nothing to do with if you are really good in the game or not, casual just refers to the amount of time you spend in the game nothing else. You can be in a hardcore guild and still be casual, so not sure why people are even using that term. The opposite to elitist would be someone who knows they are really bad at the game but wont even bother doing something about it, they play just to be bad and making it a worse experience for anyone who get stuck in their group in a dungeon. Does that even have a name? Yes, jerk which is basicly what elitists are in my example. So both are as bad as the other just in different ways. The second one is someone you can stand more though because he would generally not speak at all, while elitists would speak to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    My opinion on the word "elitist" are those that look down on others and calling them out if they are really bad at the game, in dungeons for examples. They expect everyone to be hardcore gamers. The opposite of elitist is not casual. Casual has nothing to do with if you are really good in the game or not, casual just refers to the amount of time you spend in the game nothing else. You can be in a hardcore guild and still be casual, so not sure why people are even using that term. The opposite to elitist would be someone who knows they are really bad at the game but wont even bother doing something about it, they play just to be bad and making it a worse experience for anyone who get stuck in their group in a dungeon. Does that even have a name? Yes, jerk which is basicly what elitists are in my example. So both are as bad as the other just in different ways. The second one is someone you can stand more though because he would generally not speak at all, while elitists would speak to much.
    You may want to advise the elitists of this, though. They evidently didn't get the memo as they tend to bash casuals and put all their eggs in the same basket on that matter.
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    It's even funnier because both statements are actually true.
    I see what you did there.

The race to world's first is over so the 10m vs. 25m bickering have somewhat slowed. So I suppose this is MMO's new FOTM discussion.

Deleted
    I wish everyone could play the game, or any game, the way they want, but alas, we are doomed to debate pointless things for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    I wish everyone could play the game, or any game, the way they want, but alas, we are doomed to debate pointless things for eternity.
    And so it has ever been, since Oog mocked Moog for not upgrading his wooden spear with a stone head.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started to not give a f*ck years ago, its simply not worth getting angry about and risking your health because of idiots on the internet trust me. I know my class mechanics I play what ever I enjoy either raid with guild or just LFR and keep going my way. I dont listen to anyone who thinks that he is better than me or anything just ignore those elitists and the 12y old ragers. A game is there to be enjoyed and waste your time not add more stress to your lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Don't leave out: Elitist Casual, and Casual Elitist lmao

Deleted
    na iam just sick of the elitist attitude get rid of those players and you get your peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I see what you did there.
    I actually meant it. :P
    - Woodman