Thread: Black Desert

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Oh, I understand perfectly fine. I just disagree that that is the only way to do things.
    That what is the only way to do what? This doesn't make sense as a response as no one said there's only one way to do something.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

A lot of big, and very good changes in the last patch that hit yesterday. Lot of class fixes, changes and buffs, events, item changes. All mob hp lowered, XP gain increased, and a 30% exp boost again for the next 2 weeks straight. Full patch notes here

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...otes-may-18th/

Also

Valnecia on june 1st~! Desert camel power hype!

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...to-bdo/&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    I don't really understand how people are allowed to refund things after already consuming them.
    Sorry, but one month is nothing for a MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    A lot of big, and very good changes....... All mob hp lowered
    I fail to see how that's a very good change. They were already faceroll easy.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    the faster they die, the faster you gain XP. For someone who has been dreading the final grind from 54 to 56...it's good :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Sorry, but one month is nothing for a MMO.
    It seems to be way more than what most MMO players give games nowadays..

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I was literally thinking the exact same thing down to the quote.

the faster they die, the faster you gain XP. For someone who has been dreading the final grind from 54 to 56...it's good :P
    Yay get to play the game less to reach goals instead of them making the content itself more compelling. Great design!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was literally thinking the exact same thing down to the quote.

Yay get to play the game less to reach goals instead of them making the content itself more compelling. Great design!
    I had such high hopes for this game and I simply cannot get myself to play it. Looks great and the combat mechanics and controls were great and I loved the animations for Sorceress...but combat in this game in a PvE sense is just pointless. With how brain dead easy the mobs are, it doesn't matter how great the combat controls and mechanics are if I can just roflstomp but holding/ spamming left click.

And the fact that they're just making it easier for people to roflstomp the mobs so they can grind more efficiently...yeah, doesn't exactly give me any confidence the enemy AI/ PvE combat is going to get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I had such high hopes for this game and I simply cannot get myself to play it.
    Same, I've had a similar archetype as the sorc in my head for some time and finally seeing someone do it right in a game made me super excited. And even then having the graphics be as good as they were and the combat potentially being as compelling as other ARPG's meant some really promising things on the horizon...

Only to find out its a slice of life game with some really mediocre combat thrown in on top of a very typical money grab korean cash shop + corresponding game design to try and make you spend money in it.

I lost hope when doing research about where the game went overseas, as soon as I saw the awakened weapons I knew they had no intention of ever making the combat actually compelling. The awakened weapons were just over the top flashy with a ludicrous amount of spell clutter which was very clearly intended to distract from the fact that you were just hitting glorified target dummies. Which makes sense, since the game has no instancing it means the combat can never really get better than it is.

Game had such potential, is a shame. Hopefully it finds its core audience of people who care more about slice of life more than combat and does well though.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-05-19 at 04:20 PM.

I was really enjoying this game, up until about a week ago... I managed to get to level 52... Some pretty decent life skills too, and 200 + energy 160 contribution...
    Unfortunately, the guild I was in fell apart, and I soon after lost interest...
    I enjoyed the grinding aspect of it, but for the efforts spent grinding, I saw very little to no reward.
    A very fun game, which I still have installed on my computer, and will check back in on from time to time I am sure of this.. However, I can't see myself playing this game to the extent of other mmo's which I have in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

This is basically every game now. It's a joke. Like a disease.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

That'll be fun for a good 2 days, then I'll get bored because the game is too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    so whats the game like actual player people? i've been eyeballing this for a while and wondering if its worth the buy or not ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    so whats the game like actual player people? i've been eyeballing this for a while and wondering if its worth the buy or not ?
    According to the guys who play it in this thread it's the worst game ever, but then again I suppose 90% of WoWs player base is the same

It's great, I've been playing for about a month know and I've just last night gotten to the stage where I cba to do anything and instead of WoW where I force myself to do something... I just log off. I'll log on today and have at least 5 different things to do, at a bare minimum.

It's grindy, if you're into that kind of thing. There's a lot of RNG but it can also be incredibly rewarding. The only downside in my opinion is that PvP is 0% skill. 50% is gear, 50% is the class you play. The community is a bit 50-50, they're very helpful across sever when you're levelling but there's a sense of "oh you're 50? you must know everything now!" so be warned.

Play style wise it's great, animations flow very well except for the big big mobs desnycing a lot but that's looking to be fixed soon-ish. Since I've been playing there have been 2 fairly large patches and all in all it's looking to be a good game, perhaps not a 5m sub game but a good game none-the-less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had buyers remorse, a lot of it has to do with the hacks and dupes going around. It absolutely killed my drive to play, even though I was enjoying myself. The lack of response from Daum isn't helping either, they almost seem like they could just close up shop any day.

If you enjoy slice of life and all the little details its got lots going for it.

If you enjoy combat the pvp is not skill based at all and is the equivalent of open world wow pvp, and the pve is just you either pulling packs of mobs that have an insanely basic ai that you just mill down or world bosses that are just massive target dummies that will 1shot you if you're melee but your rewards are based on how much dmg you do and if you die you have to run back to the boss unless you spend money to buy a shop item to res on the spot. There is no instancing at all, which means there's no challenging or truly competitive content anywhere in the game.

The large majority of the cosmetic / "tmog" items in the game are through the cash shop and are 30$ usd a piece for a single character.

It's a very typical korean mmo with lots of grinding and game mechanics that push you to spend money in the cash shop. The thing it has going for it is graphics and the slice of life aspects. So if you care more about slice of life than combat, or you're into dynasty warriors style combat where you're just super powerful and mow through countless trivial enemies then its a good game. If not I'd look elsewhere.

Got about 40 days worth of playtime in the game - still don't regret buying it. Is it perfect? No, no game is. But I am having loads of fun. Just hit 54 the other night, mainly spend most of my time breeding horses, decorating houses and just exploring. You would not believe the amount of secret hidden caves and such that are unmarked and hidden behind boulders and other tucked away places. Was in the glish swamp fighting naga and there was a tree stump. Went to climb on top of it...damn thing was hollow and I fell down into this spooky cave with a bone covered altar. Little thing like that. just exploring the world is where I get my kicks.

I find Fevir did a good video that sums up the game. He isn't blind to the games faults and he seems like a decent fellow. The video is a few months old/more related to the game at launch but most of his opinions still hold.

I saw it's best to find a 7 day trial key to play it yourself first. Don't jump in with your wallet right away on a whim but on the flip side, don't let all the people that seem to flood this thread with "This game sucks!" deter you. Just remember, the game isn't for everyone and if you are looking for an mmo like wow, this isn't it

I've stopped playing it but I certainly don't regret purchasing it. It was fun for a bit, just grew tired of it.

Deleted
    Was giving the game 3 months before I decided to buy or not, seems more players are leaving than joining! Archeage all over again....don't think the west deserves games like this, they just want fast food and instant epics.

Deleted
    Almost midnight and every single channel is still crowded with more than 200 people participating in Kzarka fight. Doesn't seem that bad to me.