Thread: Black Desert

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I believe these are things that can definitely be fixed easily given enough time. I do remain skeptical just because of the tend of all new MMOs dying out fairly quickly.
    Precisely. They have to get their stuff together and fix it before release, otherwise the game will not last long on the Western market.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Hype!
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/05...ter-this-year/

Pearl Abyss has revealed that the English version of its action-strategy MMORPG Black Desert will be playable this year. This news comes out of an interview with Black Desert’s western community manager, Oli, that Pearl Abyss conducted itself.

After opening the first EU office last week, Oli reveals that the future EU server has just been received. Now the current focus is on making the teaser site and localizing the rough playable internal build that’s currently available. On the topic of localization, Oli said the community will be asked to look out for any localization mistakes once the early test build is out. “We want to avoid at all cost the bad impression left by other Korean game companies that bring their games to the west with quality standards that don’t match the expectations of US/EU players,” he added.

Regarding exactly when the alpha and beta tests of the English version of Black Desert will arrive, Oli could only say the following: “Note that prior to the Alpha, there will be an early test version of the game but I need to ask players to be a bit more patient about the specifics of when the Alpha or Beta will start this year.”

Oli also said that the aim is to get the European and North American versions of the game launched at the same time but notes that there might be a slight delay. He also confirms that there will be no differences between the European and North American versions other than the languages required for the European version.

As to the difference between the English version and the Korean version of Black Desert, all that Olid could say was that “we are giving a particular attention to the feedback from the US/EU players who played the Korean version so we constantly keep their expectations in mind regarding every BDO US/EU topics.”

Finally, DirectX12 and virtual reality support for Black Desert are being seriously considered but nothing is concrete right now.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    virtual reality support
    Does it come with an IRL hardcore mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Does it come with an IRL hardcore mode?
    I honestly have no idea XD i just hope they fixed pvp/pve issues that the korean version had
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Hype for what? This game has been off the map garbage for a reason.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    It's not what you would expect of MMOs which tend to be very cartoony looking.
    These days more MMO's worldwide look like Black Desert than not. It's a very common style in asian MMO's that don't see the light of day in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Whaaattt???

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Whaaattt???
    What? I've already explained my detest for this thing. It's the equivalent to runescape grinding without the fun quests and if you die you lose enchants or w/e and exp. Not to mention it's primarily a PvP game, the world bosses are a joke lag fest and are only there to provide easy loot for PvP and for people to fight each other for it. Other then that the only PvE is grind boring quest or boring mobs who do nothing but white damage making the "action" combat boring because they don't do anything.

oh and PvP is chain stun to win

10+ Year Old Account
    Played on the Japanese server, there is no 'white' damage / auto attack type damage. It is very much action combat although the input system is more like a beat em up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly just want to see what i can create with the character creation engine

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Played on the Japanese server, there is no 'white' damage / auto attack type damage. It is very much action combat although the input system is more like a beat em up.
    The mobs do basic attacks, it's round them up and aoe fest them to death for the grindiest grind ever possible and hope you don't die or else you are set back hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mobs do basic attacks, it's round them up and aoe fest them to death for the grindiest grind ever possible and hope you don't die or else you are set back hours.
    Mmm, can't say about past level 20~ as that's about where I got to, VPN is really annoying.
    And I don't know but I've seen plenty do more than basic attacks. The small dudes sure but the well... slightly bigger dudes next to the small dudes and especially the ranged ones do actually do other things.

As for deaths, no idea never actually died yet. Curious if you've played it yet since it's pretty simple on the JP server aside from the annoying VPN DCs.

- - - Updated - - -

At least on the JP server, some customization is a bit restricted behind cash shop, mostly the hair. It's absurdly complex for some parts like the hair and face while make up and such are pretty much in line of what you'd expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thats pretty much it for me too.

Currently enjoying this game on the KR server, so much fun, plus something to do since FFXIV shit the bed with the expansion.

What? I've already explained my detest for this thing. It's the equivalent to runescape grinding without the fun quests and if you die you lose enchants or w/e and exp. Not to mention it's primarily a PvP game, the world bosses are a joke lag fest and are only there to provide easy loot for PvP and for people to fight each other for it. Other then that the only PvE is grind boring quest or boring mobs who do nothing but white damage making the "action" combat boring because they don't do anything.

oh and PvP is chain stun to win
    Riiiight besides almost everything you're talking about has been nerfed months ago and isn't even in the KR version anymore.
    the chance to lose enchanting levels is so astronomically low after the nerf it's not even perceived as existent.
    The initial concept of the game was initially to be an open world pvp centered game this has changed a lot since OBT and now the full release of the game in Korea 3 weeks ago.

World bosses? What are you even talking about they have been disabled since OBT started and the only introduced "World Boss" was kazuka near Serenity Temple, what you are talking about are the daily summoned bosses which btw phase you so you can't even get pked/ganked while doing it. However i do agree that they are lame and boring but of course you will lag with a ping going over to Korea or even Japan..
    PvP is first CC wins CC = knockdown and yes its retarded we all know that who played this game for more then a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Æony View Post
    the full release of the game in Korea 3 weeks ago.
    The game is out of beta in Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    The game is out of beta in Korea?
    Yes Black Desert released about 3 weeks ago in Korea with its first major (and huuuge i might add) continent expansion of Valencia.
    And this place is rather challenging unless you are near endgame gear which for black desert means every single slot of your equipment is enchant +18 and up.

I made the awful mistake of pre purchasing Archeage, which in return saved me from buying into another similar game, such as this.

T-thanks Archeage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I made the awful mistake of pre purchasing Archeage, which in return saved me from buying into another similar game, such as this.

T-thanks Archeage.
    Yet this game isnt developed by Trion nor is it being published/handled by trion in fact has no relation whatsoever with trion or archeage and i'm pretty sure black desert is f2p

Creation looks amazing, animations look like crap.