Thread: Black Desert

Page 2 of 137 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If I'm not mistaken this game isn't even out in korea yet right? That means we are a long ways out til it comes to the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell. All I gotta say is the engine better be one optimized beast. Those graphics are killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The character creation looks pretty good.

oh god. I foresee a bunch of blue/blonde haired big breasted women running all over the place.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Likely a shitty as hell game but I have to admit the customization options seem pretty detailed.

Sadly because of lack of engaging story and attractive atmosphere, asian MMOs never really do too well aside from showing off what an engine can do. The games just never have much character that would keep them alive.

Let's hope this game isn't affected by that. It looks extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Sadly because of lack of engaging story and attractive atmosphere, asian MMOs never really do too well aside from showing off what an engine can do. The games just never have much character that would keep them alive.
    They do pretty awesome in Asia. They are just designed for the Asian market, so they don't translate super well over here. Just as most Western MMO's (WoW is really the only big success from the West in Asia) either don't bother releasing in Asia, or do poorly over there. Story has hardly been something that's sold MMO's until recent years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, I might be too overwhelmed with the amount of detail but I can't wait to try it. Been waiting on this game for awhile now, hope it actually release this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh i can see their engine is limited. You can see the axeman to breake the animation for a few second. And in second video you can see some trees disapearing and reapering.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Dat character modelling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Oh lawd, this looks amazing. The world is really appealing to me, the art style, animations...all of it is looks great. Hopefully the gameplay is solid.

As for the customization...ermahgerd! I love customization, any game that encourages heavy customization is a game for me. Problem with this level of detail is it will be an eternity before I get to the gameplay because I'm such a stickler for this stuff. That's not even including the time it'll take me to think of a name I like.

Bottom line, game looks fantastic and I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Heh i can see their engine is limited. You can see the axeman to breake the animation for a few second. And in second video you can see some trees disapearing and reapering.
    It's almost as if the game is in early beta.

Who would imagine minor graphical glitches in an early public beta phase!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's almost as if the game is in early beta.

Who would imagine minor graphical glitches in an early public beta phase!
    There's more than just a few. Floating characters, Woodcutters all swinging in sync and cutting short, syncing issues with movement. It might be alpha or beta, but I'll judge on the merits of what is out, not on what we expect to come. So right now I'm going to say it looks like shit and when they release new ingame footage I will say: "Wow they really improved the game", or the opposite.

So yeah. Right now, it looks like shit.

Deleted
    The first few minutes of the trailer looks really amazing. The city they are showing actually looks like a medieval city and especially at around 1:00-1:10 I was feeling like I was looking at Renaissance Tuscany or something along those lines. The serene atmosphere with the common folk with simple garments doing their own business, I was really digging it.

But then starts the typical "Dragon ball" style combat with purple magical orbs, loads of particle effects, sword swings at the speed of light etc that totally ruins my initial feeling. Then comes the final kick in the nuts, the characters with perfect complexion, glossy lips and modern hairstyles... I get that's what Asian gamers like, but still so much potential for a great MMO with a realistic medieval feeling wasted

15+ Year Old Account
    Some devs do whole games that look like this in 2 or so years. The same time it takes for Blizzard to make updated character models....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Some devs do whole games that look like this in 2 or so years. The same time it takes for Blizzard to make updated character models....
    and you think its took them 2 years to make black desert? maybe they showed black desert 2 years ago. but most mmo takes between 4-6 years(depend on on dev and quality.)

and updated char models is the only think blizzard did for wow and as a whole.....
    Last edited by loki504; 2014-04-08 at 10:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and you think its took them 2 years to make black desert? maybe they showed black desert 2 years ago. but most mmo takes between 4-6 years(depend on on dev and quality.)
    Yeah it probably takes 4-6 years to make it complete. But it isn't ready yet. That's why I assumed they have been developing it for couple of years max.

The development of Black Desert started in late 2010, so it has been developed for roughly 3,5 years.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2014-04-08 at 10:01 AM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    It looked nice for a while; beautiful fantasy sceneries and towns, although it mixed in cities with way too modern architecture.

But then... Anime characters, anime combat.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It looked nice for a while; beautiful fantasy sceneries and towns, although it mixed in cities with way too modern architecture.

But then... Anime characters, anime combat.
    The best of both worlds
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    The best of both worlds
    Only if you like anime. I hate anime to the point I can't stand it at all.