Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Fire Elemental Totem affected by Enhancement mastery?

Hello everyone.

I looked for an answer to this question and couldn't find..

Are our elemental Totems affected by our Enhancement Mastery?

I asking cause I'm thinking about reforging to mastery to improve the damage of my elemental.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it does, however it seems that haste affects them
    much more.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

If I remember correctly mastery does not affect the elemental totems, hence why we are stacking haste when going with Primal Elementalist. Mastery affect our own spells and abilities, but not our pets'.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    If I remember correctly mastery does not affect the elemental totems, hence why we are stacking haste when going with Primal Elementalist. Mastery affect our own spells and abilities, but not our pets'.
    This is correct. Only a couple of specs have mastery affect their specs and we are not one of them.

Thanks guys!

So, If I want to maximize my dps with Fire Elemental, I should reforge to Haste only? '-'

Turning off the auto-cast of the Fire Elemental spells helps improving the dps?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Last time I/we (simc people) checked, Enhancement mastery affects Fire Elemental's all attacks, as they are fire damage. It has no benefit on Earth Elemental damage.

This was the last blue post on the subject:
    We knocked out a lot of bugs on pet scaling. You probably have some of these now and will get more updates over time.

All pets get:
    — Crit: 100% of your Crit (Melee/Ranged/Spell individually)
    — Hit: 50% of your Hit and 50% of your Exp
    — Exp: 50% of your Hit and 50% of your Exp
    — Resil: 100% of your Resil
    — PvP Power: 100% of your PvP Power
    — Haste: 100% of your Haste (Melee/Ranged/Spell/Regen individually)
    — Dodge: 100% of your Dodge
    — Parry: 100% of your Parry
    — Armor: Various %s of your Armor, based on pet
    — HP: Various %s of your HP, based on pet

Some pets get, as appropriate to the pet:
    — SP: Some % of your SP, AP, or RAP, based on pet
    — AP: Some % of your SP, AP, or RAP, based on pet
    — RAP: Some % of your RAP, based on pet
    — Mastery: Warlock and Mage pets get 100% of your Mastery
    It implies that they should not even get our mastery at all. I've also never heard of a pet's abilities scaling with the master's stats that are not transferred over.

Interesting if this is not the case. Is there a link to this investigation? I'd be interested to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khal View Post
    Thanks guys!

So, If I want to maximize my dps with Fire Elemental, I should reforge to Haste only? '-'

Turning off the auto-cast of the Fire Elemental spells helps improving the dps?

Thanks.
    Keep all of your pets abilities on except for the earth elemental's taunt, make sure you are using earth elemental in your cooldown rotation as well, pop it once it is available after using fire elemental. Never use the fire elemental channel ability it does way more damage hitting the boss

The reforging rule is: after you hit 7.5 hit and exp you reforge haste onto any piece of gear that doesn't have it. Askmrrobot has a stat weight option for a haste build, you can go by that and it will give you an idea of what to reforge. Also all yellow sockets get a haste/agi gem now as opposed to a mastery/agi one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebbin View Post
    Keep all of your pets abilities on except for the earth elemental's taunt, make sure you are using earth elemental in your cooldown rotation as well, pop it once it is available after using fire elemental. Never use the fire elemental channel ability it does way more damage hitting the boss

The reforging rule is: after you hit 7.5 hit and exp you reforge haste onto any piece of gear that doesn't have it. Askmrrobot has a stat weight option for a haste build, you can go by that and it will give you an idea of what to reforge. Also all yellow sockets get a haste/agi gem now as opposed to a mastery/agi one.
    One thing to note is that if you turn off the earth ele taunt, you're also turning off the Fire Ele Fire Blast.

An easy work around is to macro fire blast into Stormstrike and any other ability you spam.
    Last edited by Ryethe; 2013-05-06 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    This was the last blue post on the subject:

It implies that they should not even get our mastery at all. I've also never heard of a pet's abilities scaling with the master's stats that are not transferred over.

Interesting if this is not the case. Is there a link to this investigation? I'd be interested to read it.
    It is trivially verifiable in game with a trinket like bad juju. FE gains the same amount of damage from the mastery in that trinket as you gain elemental damage% from the mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think to remember that feral spirit's spirit bite was affected by mastery. Ofc i could be wrong.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

One thing to note is that if you turn off the earth ele taunt, you're also turning off the Fire Ele Fire Blast.

An easy work around is to macro fire blast into Stormstrike (they share a 6s CD).
    I cannot believe this. Just tested and you're right. I feel so stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

An easy work around is to macro fire blast into Stormstrike (they share a 6s CD).
    Stormstrike's cooldown is 8 seconds. >_>

Anyway, yes, fire elemental totem does benefit from our mastery, but it likes haste more.

Anyone mind posting the code line that I'd insert into my SS macro, for it to pop the fire ele's fire blast ability?

#showtooltip stormstrike
    /cast stormstrike
    /cast fire blast

I'd think. Been a while since I played so I'm out of touch with macro coding.
    Anyway, I think Feral Spirits' bite did indeed scale with mastery. There is to say that blizz explicidly said that it does scale with mastery.
    And from what I remember our mastery did indeed not scale with Searing, Magma, Fire Elemental and Earth Elemental Totems. (Ofcourse I could be wrong, just what I remember)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

That's all it is? I figured it'd be some special /petcast command or [pet] type conditional.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    That's all it is? I figured it'd be some special /petcast command or [pet] type conditional.
    To be honest, I'm not sure. Pet abilies that require no target should at least be able to work with that. Never worked with fire blast and spirit bite during my time, so I cant say with certainty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Nope, a simple "/cast Fire Blast" does work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question... Does Primal Earth Elementals Taunt affect bosses in Raids? Last I knew it didn't so I haven't bothered to turn it off, and tanks never seems to say anything to me about it either.

Also Is FET off GCD? If so would it be advised to macro it into Ascendance with Elemantal Mastery, with the FET glyph?
    Last edited by Cai; 2013-05-06 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Question... Does Primal Earth Elementals Taunt affect bosses in Raids? Last I knew it didn't so I haven't bothered to turn it off, and tanks never seems to say anything to me about it either.
    it is not taunting a boss however it can taunt adds which isn't good either except in an emergency.