Patch 5.3 - PW:Shield Nerf?

Power Word: Shield

Discipline: Draws on the soul of the friendly target to shield them, absorbing [*263.8% of Spell Power + 27,393* [*211% of Spell Power + 21,915*;] damage. Lasts 15 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.

Really? Like...Really? Or has it always been this way? If it has then, wutever I guess, but if this is a nerf...like...wth is their reasoning behind this?

This is a tooltip update, your pw:s on live already shields for the updated amount instead of what is displayed on the old one.

I'd be more concerned that apparently Binding Heal has been changed to heal for 1.

These datamines amuse me

Haha didn't even notice that! lol @ datamining.

*smirk* I guess its in line with our other heals.....

jokes

Deleted
    Ah yea its only a tooltip update I had a mistake in my formula :x
    Last edited by mmoc0294b8f872; 2013-04-09 at 09:41 PM.

If the tooltip of the buff is correct, my shields are using the shadow formula + mastery right now.

I have 32699 SP, 19.26% mastery. My shields are 96132.

I'm guessing the new formula has the inherent disc mastery baked in, so my shields will be ~96.1k with that. Same thing.

is this why my powerwatd shiels says it sheilds for 125k and never does except by crit it instead orsobs for 100k with my mastery and everything else up it says 125k
    minium its just pretty broken with mastery needs a look at more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    is this why my powerwatd shiels says it sheilds for 125k and never does except by crit it instead orsobs for 100k with my mastery and everything else up it says 125k
    minium its just pretty broken with mastery needs a look at more closely.
    Shield was already lowered on live; this was already so at the 5.2 PTR; but the Tooltip wasn't updated there since it was short before the release of 5.2. Tooltip-Updates cannot be hotfixed and only be updated with a new patch