10+ Year Old Account

H Jin'rokh, solo tankable?

So my guild hadn't even thought of this during our progression kill, but during our farm night tonight our Warrior tank died during the beginning of the fight and we actually managed to get to the final stretch of the fight with just myself, Brewmaster Monk, up.

After the stack application, I popped Elusive Brew and took very little damage until throw went out. And I just popped Nimble Brew to get outta that and taunted him back over. By time he got to me, my stacks were cleared. I imagine this tactic wouldn't work on very many other tanking classes, but it seems very doable with a Brewmaster.

Nimble Brew is only up for the first and third throw, but it could be possible to have a plate DPS taunt right before the throw went off on the 2nd.

Any guilds solo tank this?

Deleted
    It is very possible to have a plate class taunt before each throw to soak it. The bigger problem comes in that the stacks do not reset if you solo tank so you are going to need some plan on how to reset. Something like haing a plate dps taunt just before the debuff application could solve that aswell, but it is a lot of work for little gain on such an easy fight.

AMS stops it being applied

DK's can avoid getting the debuff every 45sec with glyphed AMS. Can also break every throw with glyphed IBF.

Debuff comes more often then every 45 sec tho, but a plate dps with personals up should be able to take it. Could also use externals like painsup and hand of sacrifice on that player. The tank damage is not high enough to need external CD's on the tank, even if solotanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    AMS stops it being applied
    nerf OP dk tanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just grab a warrior with DBTS to tank and take a static burst. Blamo, doable with every tanking class.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Just grab a warrior with DBTS to tank and take a static burst. Blamo, doable with every tanking class.
    any pally taunt then bubble before application. should work as well?
    Hi

Deleted
    Why should anybody play this encounter this way? Might be possible but creates a lot of RNG situations causing unneccessary deaths...