+28k dps shuriken toss? Shadowcraft

i'm getting strange results with shadowcraft when I change my spec to subtlety and shuriken toss talent, it increases my dps by 28k.
    Changing to shuriken toss was an increase of 5k dps, but 28k? wtf
    My character: âinur c'thun eu
    Anyone knows if they changed the engine lately?

I'm getting the same thing. Weird.

Not that this matters much even if its true though, since ST is getting a large nerf in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I'm getting the same thing. Weird.

Not that this matters much even if its true though, since ST is getting a large nerf in the next patch.
    I posted it in elitistjerks, the engine is updated to 5.3, ST gets double damage, double energy. They don't know if it's a bug or what

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainurr View Post
    I posted it in elitistjerks, the engine is updated to 5.3, ST gets double damage, double energy. They don't know if it's a bug or what
    The double damage was reverted. It's just doubled energy, making it a less efficient builder for 5.3 than any other CP builder - the same damage as live (at range), and at twice the cost. I'd suggest the bug could be related to some calculations ignoring armor or causing the 10y+ to activate when it shouldn't be, but I don't know offhand.

It won't be a DPS increase.

Edit: Verain has it right below. I was mixing up tweets and official comments and earlier builds from the PTR. It still shouldn't be a DPS increase.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-04 at 05:21 AM.

On live, you press it twice to get: X damage in melee and 2 combo points. 2X damage at range and 2 combo points.
    On PTR, you press it once to get: X damage in melee and 1 combo point. X damage at range and 1 combo point.

As Mugajak says, it won't be a damage gain. Every situation where you use ST in is getting heavily nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that the current Shuriken Toss was supposed to act like Hemo Sub during T13 where it would be a quicker combo builder to result in more Eviscerates which makes more use of your mastery. I've done it during T14 where I just spammed ST and Eviscerate while maintaining Rupture and SnD and it acted just as well as using Backstab.

So how does the 5.3 ST work? I thought it was double damage at any range with the double energy cost, is it like that still?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    The double damage was reverted. It's just doubled energy, making it a less efficient builder for 5.3 than any other CP builder - the same damage as live, and at twice the cost. I'd suggest the bug could be related to some calculations ignoring armor or causing the 10y+ to activate when it shouldn't be, but I don't know offhand.

It won't be a DPS increase.
    Wait, so it is going to do the same damage in 5.3 as it does if you use it from melee range now but for double the energy? I thought it was suppose to do double the damage for double the energy but they took off the doubling of the damage over 10 yards?

If its like you say its complete shit. You are basically taking a talent so that you can turn on ranged auto attacks for 40 energy. I mean what I thought they were doing was already bad enough which was basically halfing the dpe and cp generation but you're saying itll be down to 1/4 dpe and half cp gen (comparing to live at over 10 yards).

On 5.3 PTR it does the same damage at range as it does on live. It just does so at double the energy cost. On 5.3 PTR the melee-range damage is the same as the 5.2 at-range damage (but again, at double the cost).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    So how does the 5.3 ST work? I thought it was double damage at any range with the double energy cost, is it like that still?
    On live, you press it twice to get: X damage in melee and 2 combo points. 2X damage at range and 2 combo points.
    On PTR, you press it once to get: X damage in melee and 1 combo point. X damage at range and 1 combo point.

Okay, here's how the new ST works.
    At range, it will be doing the same damage as live, but with double the energy cost.
    In melee, it will be doing double the damage as live, but again with double the energy cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    I thought that the current Shuriken Toss was supposed to act like Hemo Sub during T13 where it would be a quicker combo builder to result in more Eviscerates which makes more use of your mastery. I've done it during T14 where I just spammed ST and Eviscerate while maintaining Rupture and SnD and it acted just as well as using Backstab.
    I'm pretty sure the thoughts behind Shuriken Toss were for rogues to be able to regen combo points when they can't reach their target. Not to change the single target rotation. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I'm pretty sure the thoughts behind Shuriken Toss were for rogues to be able to regen combo points when they can't reach their target. Not to change the single target rotation. >.<
    Yes, but since you didn't read the OP, I was referring to what Shadowcraft was presenting for the talent changes as Subtlety. I never stated that's what it was designed to do, just what it's capable of doing.