Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    No one is rehashing old zones. It's just the terrain being reused.

Also "Yes, Blizzard finally gave me a Burning Legion xpac, but since they didn't add any new zones to level in I'm quitting the game" doesn't seem like a likely response from the gaming population, but that's just me.
    Part of the reason cata sucked in many ppl's eyes is because it didnt have a new world to explore. (Aka,Wrath,Tbc,MoP)

I want to apologize because I haven't been following my own goal with this thread. Going forward, I'll be doing the following:

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    that idea would be a disaster, Cata already proved that rehashed content is a failure, and there were at least new zones scattered around Azeroth, what you suggest would be even more stupid.
    (For purposes of this discussion, two things are stipulated:
    one: Wrathion is telling the truth; the Burning Legion are coming, and we will be fighting them in the next XPac
    two: Instead of creating new zones to fight them, Blizzard will use phasing similar to what's going on in 5.3 to transform zones on Azeroth into areas where we'll be fighting the Legion and any associated baddies they pick up
    If you disagree with either of these stipulations, please don't participate in this thread as you will not be able to do so constructively)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    that idea would be a disaster, Cata already proved that rehashed content is a failure, and there were at least new zones scattered around Azeroth, what you suggest would be even more stupid.

there is no more room on the world map so they will use old shit again OR a sort like dark portal thing to get there

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to open up new areas in Outlands... and have the new portal to the world "similar" to Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one who wants the emerald dream still?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    people prefer brand new zones rather than "re-hashed" content
    By definition burning legion expansion is re-hashed content.

I like some of the ideas but I seem to recall Blizzard themselves stating that many people disliked Cata because of portals to everywhere ruined the exploration/leveling experience. (not to mention flying) You can argue that they just won't put in portals but then that would force everyone to fly from location to location (while flying around doing quests) and that does not make for a pleasant leveling experience. Looking at Pandaria they are sticking to land leveling until 90 quite firmly and so will seem to stick with that in future expansions too.

So to sum it up a new zone for new exploration sounds more likely. Maybe a backtrack like the barrens event for nostalgic reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    two: Instead of creating new zones to fight them, Blizzard will use phasing similar to what's going on in 5.3 to transform zones on Azeroth into areas where we'll be fighting the Legion and any associated baddies they pick up
    If you disagree with either of these stipulations, please don't participate in this thread as you will not be able to do so constructively)
    I dont think blizzard will use phasing system when launching New expansion. That would be grave mistake. When new expansion is on we need a new land to arrive and THEN start going on Phasing system. Like in MoP we landed on Pandaria and then wil the help of quests we went on Barrens which is Phasing system (5.3).

Lets call invasin of Burning legion "next expansion" and the other expansion after that will be "next next expansion"
    Lets imagine that "next expansion" has ended and we have new "next next expansion" and player wants to get in scenario or do the quest to get an certain gear for transmog or achievement in "next expansion" (in Burning legion expansion) but he/she has skipped that expansion and have just returned for "next next expansion". He/She will have to do tones of quests for EVERY area to unlock the phasing system. That would be extremely boring. Northrend and Outland have their simple way to get there (not doing quest), Im sure when MoP ends Blizz will place portal or Airship (on which we boarded on Pandaria) to simply appear there. You know what I mean?
    Phasing system for Opening of Expansion that would be horrible.

I think blizzard will change that 4-5 places where Legion will set their feet.
    ImHo this places will be.
    Felwood - The area is still contaminated with fel energy and demons are still lurking there.
    Near Barrens might also be Duskwallaw Marsh because that place is almost empty now (weak Horde forces only and Goblins). There are some undead there not I dont think they have something to do with Legion. Duskwallaw Marsh is near to Orcish territory so I guess Legion will try to visit their "old Friends" to make them side with them.

In Eastern Kingdoms :
    Blasted Lands - perfect place for demons to continue and strengthen up little band of Demons there.
    Arathi Highlands - Quite pace where only Foresaken lurk with minor resistance. Good place to make foothold.
    Eastern Plaguelands - Close to elves and to their former Allies Scourge who are left without leader and Legion might use these small region to weaken resistance Force of Alliance and Horde. They will deal with Silver Hand and Some leftovers of Ebon Blade.

I also strongly Believe that Legion will set foot on Karazhan this small place where hell knows what happening, Dead land full of Magic (it goes on Magic Lay lines). I m sure Medivh is there and they will defend him as Part of Sargeras is within him and by killing Medivh we will deal with the Invasion.

I dont think Blizzard will touch Northrend, because as I have mentioned above they will have to change Territories. And changing Expansion continent like Northrend for single Area feels wrong. We might do some Scenarios and Phasing quests in Outland and Northrend but not Questing area.

BTW - Feralas is southwest to Kalimdor not North

Oh and yes You cant make a thread and tell people you cant contradict with me properly because my version is TRUTH ! (I mean Bold phrase in my Quote).
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

What if Burning Legion lands to Tomb of Sargeras location on Broken Isles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What if Burning Legion lands to Tomb of Sargeras location on Broken Isles?
    Yeah good spot to but we need more than one area to make a Questing areas from 90 to 95 or 100 idk.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Yeah good spot to but we need more than one area to make a Questing areas from 90 to 95 or 100 idk.
    Not really, with phasing you could do it all in one zone.

BTW - Feralas is southwest to Kalimdor not North
    Whoops, my mistake; corrected. I always do that with Felwood and Feralas; I hope no one saw my mistake and is now trying to farm Minfernals in Feralas.

Oh and yes You cant make a thread and tell people you cant contradict with me properly because my version is TRUTH ! (I mean Bold phrase in my Quote).
    I want to talk about candidate zones. I don't want to talk about phasing or new continents or subscriptions lost. The point of the comment was to keep discussion solely focused on candidate zones, but obviously the need for people to express their opinion on matters that aren't being discussed is too strong to stop.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Arathi Mountains, Silithus.

Arathi Mountains because it fits, it's an area from which they could easily get to 5 capitals (Gilneas City is the 5th).
    Silithus because they could take advantage of the fact that the area is mostly abandoned by everyone since silithids were broken and while everyone is focusing on Arathi, attack from here.

Also, blood elf and draenei zones. Blood elf zones since they can target the Sunwell, and draenei ones since it's a personal vendetta of Kil'jaden.

And that's all they attack here, and then we go for them on some world and fight them there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Not really, with phasing you could do it all in one zone.
    That would be boring. And what if I want to help my firend which is 91 and I am 93 and we are in different Phasing system ? Yeah I know how this works when there is one Phasing system on zone but two and more ? How can that work? on 95 lvl we wont see other (91 92 93 94) level phasing times and wont be able to do quests for Transmog .

We can fight there for a little time, make them to back of and then go to other planet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Whoops, my mistake; corrected. I always do that with Felwood and Feralas; I hope no one saw my mistake and is now trying to farm Minfernals in Feralas.

I want to talk about candidate zones. I don't want to talk about phasing or new continents or subscriptions lost. The point of the comment was to keep discussion solely focused on candidate zones, but obviously the need for people to express their opinion on matters that aren't being discussed is too strong to stop.

Thats different subject you could have started with that

One thing to remember is that Demons only have access to Azeroth if they are invited to Azeroth. The demons have this over riding theme of corruption, that being you have to choose to go down that path. The High Elves were the ones that originally opened the way for the demon armies to come through, once there they can start opening portals for the rest of the host. Sargeras can't just say, "Oh theres Azeroth, I'm going there!". The corruped Orcs were tricked into drinking the blood of Manaroth, but they still choose to drink it in pursuit of the power to kill Cenarius. Manaroth didn't just wave his hand and the orcs became corrupted. Xavius the Satyr had to go around the high elves and get their permission to turn them into Satyrs. The high elves chose to bring the demon legions to Azeroth thinking that these divine beings (actually demons) would cleanse the world of all those that were not the nobility living in the Night Elven Capital. Its about choice.

So assuming that we don't go to them they would have to come to us and begin the invasion where ever the portals welcoming them to our world allowed them to come to. If the portal is opened in Orgimmar then thats where they begin their invasion. Sargeras doesn't have the ability to just materialise his army where ever he wants. The way has to be opened for him.

But if you ask me where we will be in the next expansion I would say that we end up taking the fight to the demons. We learned our lesson from Ragnaros, that being defeating him in our plane of existance does nothing but push another battle back a few years. This time we invaded the firelands and destroyed him there so he could not escape to the firelands to return again later. Once defeated in the Firelands Ragnaros was put to his final end. If you defeat a demon here they return to the twisting nether. They have to be defeated in their home to be truly defeated. I am going to guess that we end up going to the place we have to to finally put the demon threat down rather than just temporarily pushing them back. Maybe Sargeras is too powerful for us to deal with in combat but we can take away all of his toys permanently, no more demon armies invading is a step in the right direction.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be boring. And what if I want to help my firend which is 91 and I am 93 and we are in different Phasing system ? Yeah I know how this works when there is one Phasing system on zone but two and more ? How can that work? on 95 lvl we wont see other (91 92 93 94) level phasing times and wont be able to do quests for Transmog .
    have the zone phase to the party leader's version

Blizzard has indicated that they want to fix the issue where people in different phases can't do content together. No clue how it would determine what phase the group is in; maybe by group leader but I could definitely see that being an issue on pvp servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    We can fight there for a little time, make them to back of and then go to other planet
    Most likely it will be INVASION of Burning Legion. If they invade our planet they wont come with small force that will be defeated in few quests and then to move to other planet.

This expansion I guess and hope will be dedicated on defending our Planet from Burning Legion.