Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my college you would have failed the course for cheating.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    In my college you would have failed the course for cheating.
    To build on this, I've had many professors who made it expressly clear many times during the class that if you were found cheating, they would not only fail you but also try their hardest to get you kicked out of Uni.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, those exames will be reviewed by multiple people, as such. your professor doesnt have the power to just give someone a 0.
    N

He was more than likely embarrassed that he had not noticed the person was cheating himself..

Grades can be appealed at universities, and if that actually happened then it would be pretty easy to get such a grade stricken and/or be able to retake the test. Kind of obvious you can't just give a student a zero for no real reason.
    Last edited by Echelonl; 2013-05-04 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Any half-way decent school would fire a teacher for that, assuming we're getting the complete, truthful story.
    No university fires their professor for an undergraduate drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, those exames will be reviewed by multiple people, as such. your professor doesnt have the power to just give someone a 0.
    That's surely not how things were where I went to undergrad. Grading was largely discretionary. Something truly unethical (which is probably the case for the OP's story) could have a complaint filed, but as a general rule, professors were largely free to handle things as they'd like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    The teacher is being an ass for saying "I don't care". You should care as a teacher as how're they going to learn something if they get information from someone else? If he doesn't care he's a terrible teacher and thus is only a teacher because he couldn't get another (and better) job. He better have said "I did not notice that, and thus can't do anything about it."

I do think she does deserve a 0 though, as there's a small chance you'll get to know that someone's cheating unless you look at their test. Also, telling on someone is really something a little child would do.
    A lot of teachers in todays age are rather terrible at what they do, specially here in UK in public schools.

Revision
    Research
    Copy

are one of the favourite words of teachers iv met.

Personally I think society should be working together to weed out the bad apples, the problem arises because nobody can agree which ones are the bad apples.

I mean myself I would gladly snitch out a thief or some other lowlife who willingly does harm to someone else or their property.

But if you cheat on a test, shoot drugs into your body or drive without a seatbelt it doesn't impact anyone other than you, and I am all for stupid people putting themselves in dangerous situations where their lives can potentially end earlier assuming those same situations don't put anyone else in harms way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the person told on someone for cheating implies that 1) that person also wasn't looking only at their test, 2) telling the professor/teacher that he or she is inept to figure cheaters out for themselves. It was a noble cause to point out the cheaters, heck if I worked hard on a test and this other person is getting by on cheating, I'd be pissed too. It'll catch up to them in due time.

I never had time during tests to worry about what other people were doing, but if I noticed something suspicious I would certainly report it. Cheating wasn't even remotely tolerated at my school; academic dishonesty was a fast ticket to getting expelled.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Stop snitchin, as we like to say in Baltimore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drecapz View Post
    Stop snitchin, as we like to say in Baltimore.
    How about stop cheating.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Many student honor codes require you to report cheating.

If that's the case here the person who got the 0 for "telling" (which, what a pathetic choice of wording, but that's another point entirely) should go to the Dean.