Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    it's not knowing, basing things off the most likely scenario and drawing conclusions form that is not "knowing" its trying to figure things out.
    How do you come to the conclusion of that being the most likely scenario? Listo's wording (while maybe unintentional) suggests more than assuming something.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    In the absence of information, we have to resort to speculation. It's useful because the Town can narrow down its ideas on what it may be facing.

Your outlook is very nihilistic. We'll only know the setup when the game is over, so surely we can't really know anything until it's too late?
    Yes, but narrowing it down also runs the risk of ruling things out to soon. If you jump to the first obvious (at the time) solution then you risk not keeping an open mind about other ways the game might be set up. If it just happens to be a scum who is narrowing down everything then you might be in for an unpleasant surprise later on. Anyone may speculate, but trying to draw conclusions is pointless imo. You need to keep an open mind and be very careful of those who try to narrow down the possibilities to much.

Imo, there's a ~50 % chance Celtic's death was due to a NK. And I'd say it's max 40 % chance Decagon was killed by a Cannibal. I can see a lot of other realistic possibilities. After N2 we'll have more useful information and perhaps be able to with higher probability guess something. Until then, what does it change on this day. We could suspect from before the game started that there might be a person or a group of persons who could NK and be hostile towards the town that we'd want to vote out. That really hasn't changed a lot. Perhaps we could be slightly more certain now that there are something out there with a NK that we might want to vote out. So what we've found out is that we want to vote on someone which I don't think is that much new information.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'd love to see Falbacca (and Greeney) show up.
    The game has actually been up for 2 hours. There will be 50 pages of fluff by the end of the day. You can wait until my hockey game is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    The game has actually been up for 2 hours. There will be 50 pages of fluff by the end of the day. You can wait until my hockey game is over?
    No no I'm not calling you out because you didn't respond yet since the thread is so new, I just want to see what you'll say to whatshisface voting for you. If you will respond lol.

No no I'm not calling you out because you didn't respond yet since the thread is so new, I just want to see what you'll say to whatshisface voting for you. If you will respond lol.
    Ah, I don't really care about a single vote on me so I won't say much other than I think there's a possibility he could have killed Celtic himself and planned to blame me in advance.

Also in response to that "This isn't Greeney's forum" comment; That is how mafia's usually played (night 1 start) and we didn't always do night starts, just was generally expected if not mentioned otherwise. Adapting is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I prefer night starts. Day1 is also just a huge amount of fluff, and then random killing for no apparent reason than usually vandetta's from previous games.
    Atleast now any useful roles may have a lead on finding the scumyscumscum.

Time to go off on a field trip and come back to 20pages of silly fluff or blaming each other from games in the past.
    Really class guys! This is MafiaXXVI, not anything prior. Get over your grudges.
    TBH I can't see this D1 being much different to any other D1, other than we have 2 dead players already to discuss.

These particular N1 kills probably are personal, or even just down to RNG, since there was zero information from D1 discussion to give anyone any leads on who to target. Both for the Scum and the TPRs. If any Town do have information, even in the unlikelihood they have a Guilty result, or suspect their protection may have prevented a night action (whether by protecting the victim or by preventing the killer from reaching their victim) coming out on D1 will probably result in immediate N2 retribution.

Deca and Celtic I did not see as N1 targets though. :< They were both killed pretty quickly last game.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Falbacca (and Greeney) show up.
    I had already posted way before you said this - think my post is at the beginning of the second page.

I'm just wondering why Foxxi voted for me O.o
    Last edited by falbacca; 2013-05-05 at 01:49 AM.

Yeah Falb that's what I'm wondering too lol, that's what I meant.

I guess I will just post and say that I don't have much to add at the moment. Hopefully when everyone else has had a chance to post we will have something more conclusive to go off of, But not so much atm.

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    There seems to be a lot of "knowing" about the setup. We can't really know anything. We might suspect a few things, cannibal, at least two NKs. We have no idea though how Silkku has set up the cult to work. Perhaps they have a NK but must sacrifice one of their members to make a NK. Perhaps a players role is only revealed if it's a cultist. Perhaps Decagon isn't really dead yet. How does this cult really work? Is there a leader? Does the cult disband when the leader die? Is it only the leader that can recruit? My point is we don't anything really with the current microscopic amount of knowledge.
    Cult almost never disbands just because the leader dies, the remaining members are still in the cult and game doesn't end until they are all eliminated. There pretty much has to be a leader/recruiter in a cult otherwise it wouldn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe
    Atleast one cult is dead. In games of 15, it usually starts with 1-2.
    Usually it starts with 1 (recruiter) and grows each day. Hopefully Celtic being dead means we're back down to 1 or else I'd expect there to be a certain limit to the amount a cult can recruit and possibly getting a NK ability once that amount has been met. At least it's been one of those two situations every time I've seen a cult.

Vote Falbacca
    I'm just hoping that Foxx has something useful to go off of himself, but even if not at least we can start somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account

Vote Falbacca
    I'm just hoping that Foxx has something useful to go off of himself, but even if not at least we can start somewhere.
    wondering why another vote on me? all I did is be sympathetic for Decagon ... that's all I posted so far - no suspicions yet on anyone - I was going to wait until tomorrow til more info came out.

Also - I think you're referring to Foxxi - um that would be "herself".

Quote Originally Posted by falbacca View Post
    wondering why another vote on me? all I did is be sympathetic for Decagon ... that's all I posted so far - no suspicions yet on anyone - I was going to wait until tomorrow til more info came out.

Also - I think you're referring to Foxxi - um that would be "herself".
    Too many genders to care about. Explained why I added a vote to you. If there's some minor chance Foxx is implying she/he/it has some information I'll go ahead and bandwagon. No reason to vote for anyone else yet, so why not from my PoV?

10+ Year Old Account
    I reread Foxxi's reasoning behind my vote and saw what you (Greeney) meant about having some information ... but as you know with some roles lately, if you come up "guilty", you could still be really innocent and vice versa. At this point, that could be the case for just about anybody.
    Last edited by falbacca; 2013-05-05 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by falbacca View Post
    but as you know with some roles lately, if you come up "guilty", you could still be really innocent and vice versa.
    In a game with Cultists, I'd expect some Paranoid or Insane modifiers to roles (if there's less Scum than usual).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Greetings everybody. Foxximcleod could have reasoning behind her vote, or perhaps she doesn't. Perhaps she has information, or perhaps she's bluffing. Or perhaps she even accidentally implied the having of information. Who knows? Currently I don't feel that it's strong enough reason to vote against Falbacca. I shall bring out the die of fate again for a random vote. Die of fate says 69, dvide by 3 and I get 23. I'm 23.

vote: Robozerim

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 11:08 PM ----------

Maybe this is just luck's way of balancing out for how lucky I got with my metronome last game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Long day and weekend that is only going to get longer tomorrow. Looking forward to my day off monday. Unfortunately we're pretty busy at work tomorrow so I may not be able to return to the thread for 20 or so hours. Enjoy Day 1!
    wyrd bið ful aræd

15+ Year Old Account
    Really curious that a Cultist died N1; I mean... technically it is possible the entire Cult was eliminated, right?
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Really curious that a Cultist died N1; I mean... technically it is possible the entire Cult was eliminated, right?
    Talk about a way to ruin the majority of the game n1 if that is the case lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd highly doubt it.
    According to the wiki that Fire linked in Page1. The convert is a Cult Leader, and it just said a cultist died, not the leader. So i'd think there is more than 1 original member.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

That would be very unfortunate

You seem to be the one to put the most into that vote. Also: whatshisface? You mean my avatar? That's not face.

Cult almost never disbands just because the leader dies, the remaining members are still in the cult and game doesn't end until they are all eliminated. There pretty much has to be a leader/recruiter in a cult otherwise it wouldn't make much sense.

Usually it starts with 1 (recruiter) and grows each day. Hopefully Celtic being dead means we're back down to 1 or else I'd expect there to be a certain limit to the amount a cult can recruit and possibly getting a NK ability once that amount has been met. At least it's been one of those two situations every time I've seen a cult.
    Yea, I can agree that cult disbanding when leader dies might not be common, but there are a lot of questions with how to handle stuff with the cult so depending on what other rules there are regarding the cult it might be the case. Just as well, it might not. If you start the game with just one recruiter in the cult and no one else and no extra ability on the leader it'll be a tough first few days for the cult but should they survive beyond day 5 i think it'll be very hard for town to win. So you might want to balance that in some way to make it easier early game and harder late game. Do TPR/SK lose their ability when joining the cult? What happens if they try to recruit a mafia (if there is one)? The first one yes most probably 'yes' or there'll be a really big problem with balancing but the second one is harder and it might come down to the leader dying which raises the question of replacing leader which leads to the follow up question if that should happen any time the leader dies which then raises the question of how you balance the cult down.

Had you or Celtic been modding I think we could have used the other to gain some info on how everything would be handled if you have had a cult previously on your site but we've never had one here so there's not much telling how Silkku will handle it. In addition Silkku hasn't modded here at all before so it's even harder to predict how he will think.