Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

A distinct taste of daja vu...

Was thinking about 5.3 and upcoming events...when it hit me.

I sure hope Blizz didnt paint themselves in to a corner...Thrall better get owned, or facepalms will be all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um.... What?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Um.... What?
    Plot at begining of Warcraft 3 = Tensions and the rate of battles are rising between the Horde and Alliance. Thall is given visions that he must unite the people of Azeroth to protect everyone from the upcoming invasion of the burning legion.

Plot now = Tensions and the rate of battles are rising between the Horde and Alliance. Player is given visions by Wrathion that the people of Azeroth must unite to protect from the upcoming invasion of the burning legion. Also Thrall is going in to Org to try to cool tensions with Garrosh to smooth this out.

History repeats itself, as they say. The Burning Legion was bound to make a return anyways, whether or not the Horde and Alliance bands together.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

You can do that with anything.

boy meets girl at start of movie, boy and girl are together, oh that describes 100s of movies

Bad guy plans to rob/murder/kidnap.... Good guy thwarts plan.... that is once again, 100s of movies.

Tension breaks out, group A goes to where group B is to help supress the tension... oh wait that's america going to iraq... phew, glad that got sorted out.

10+ Year Old Account
    those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Plot at begining of Warcraft 3 = Tensions and the rate of battles are rising between the Horde and Alliance. Thall is given visions that he must unite the people of Azeroth to protect everyone from the upcoming invasion of the burning legion.

Plot now = Tensions and the rate of battles are rising between the Horde and Alliance. Player is given visions by Wrathion that the people of Azeroth must unite to protect from the upcoming invasion of the burning legion. Also Thrall is going in to Org to try to cool tensions with Garrosh to smooth this out.
    Yeah I got the deja vu part. I was confused about this line:

I sure hope Blizz didnt paint themselves in to a corner...Thrall better get owned, or facepalms will be all around.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    How does Thrall 'getting owned' have any baring to this current situation? Thrall is a main protagonist to the story, what you suggest makes no sense or reason why it would.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Thrall rising to be the knight in shining armor yet again is dull and repetitive. It kinda feels like "Don't worry my little Jin'y. Papa Thrall go talk to that big mean Garrsoh!" Hooray! Green Jesus has saved the day again. Lets make him Warchief to make his sacrifice of giving up his title inert, and his leave only result in a vacation, dead trolls, and getting laid.

Because Thrall rising to be the knight in shining armor yet again is dull and repetitive. It kinda feels like "Don't worry my little Jin'y. Papa Thrall go talk to that big mean Garrsoh!" Hooray! Green Jesus has saved the day again. Lets make him Warchief to make his sacrifice of giving up his title inert, and his leave only result in a vacation, dead trolls, and getting laid.
    You're talking as if you know for sure what's going to happen in 5.4. Stop making assumptions based on the past. I know history repeats itself but wait to be sure.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

only reason to kill of thrall would be to make his tasty model aviable to us all and thats about it (imo)
    for the story well as others said maybe just a basic pattern but so far i love the story of 5.3 and hopefully it gets even better in 5.4

I don't know why people call thrall "green jesus"

velen is the WoW jesus, not thrall. velen is a prophet of the light, he forgives and redeems his enemies (there's a statue nearish where I live called "christ the redeemer"). thrall is a pagan religion leader. he hits his enemies with a hammer and flushes a molten tentacled dragon in the toilet.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're talking as if you know for sure what's going to happen in 5.4. Stop making assumptions based on the past. I know history repeats itself but wait to be sure.
    You are correct, I really shouldn't. But do you think in all honesty unless Thrall dies, hes not gonna become Warchief again? Because apparently poor Thrall cant even be away for less 2 and a half years without everything going in to the toilet.

It's to be expected though, the whole horde is so miss matched, hardly anyone really trust eachother other then Troll and Tauren. When you get down to it, the horde is case of bad clams waiting to happen, and Thrall is the Imodium.

You are correct, I really shouldn't. But do you think in all honesty unless Thrall dies, hes not gonna become Warchief again? Because apparently poor Thrall cant even be away for less 2 and a half years without everything going in to the toilet.

It's to be expected though, the whole horde is so miss matched, hardly anyone really trust eachother other then Troll and Tauren. When you get down to it, the horde is case of bad clams waiting to happen, and Thrall is the Imodium.
    Blizzard has said that the next Warchief would be someone unexpected. Everyones is expecting Thrall so it's obviously not him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said that the next Warchief would be someone unexpected. Everyones is expecting Thrall so it's obviously not him.
    AAAAAAH! Or MAYBE he IS because we don't expect him to be because we do expect him to be!!!!! No but really, Vol'jin always had my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to god if turns out to be someone stupid like Med'an I'm gonna hang myself ....in game of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Sounds like Garrosh in a nutshell. A big, ugly nutshell.

I swear to god if turns out to be someone stupid like Med'an I'm gonna hang myself ....in game of course.
    He has yet to be shown in game in the 8 years it's been out. You really think they would put him in in the last patch of the raid with no reason?

He has yet to be shown in game in the 8 years it's been out. You really think they would put him in in the last patch of the raid with no reason?
    I really hope not. I really don't see it happening, there's been no hint of an introduction of another character. Tossing Me'dan in now is asking for trouble. I haven't read a single comment about him about people actually liking him. I'm indifferent to him honestly, but I won't be pleased if Blizz pulls that scenario out of its' butt. All hints are spreads across the other faction leaders for warchief, so that's where my sights are staying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be un-expected now wouldnt it? But yea, in all seriousness. I have no idea who the next warchief could be if that's the case, because at this point. I think even Hogger is more expected to be the next warchief. (Joking of course)