Poll: Why do you do RBGs?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you play RBGs? Why/why not?

Out of interest, why do people here who PVP take part in RBGs? If you don't do RBGs (but you play arenas/randoms), why not?

If you're unsure whether you should pick 'yes I enjoy them' or 'yes for the conquest cap', ask yourself if you'd play them if they only awarded honor.

Not being able to find a team because nobody wants a warrior/enhancer etc should probably go down as 'No too long to organise', with hindsight I should have added an option 'No, can't find a spot' but I don't seem to be able to edit the poll...

*edit* Doh, the poll title should be "Do you play RBGs?"
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-05-03 at 02:48 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

I guess people who do RBGs want to reach conquest cap (which you can't do solely on arena)

I do only arena and pvp dailies, mainly because I don't have enough friends to do RBGs lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I do only arena and pvp dailies, mainly because I don't have enough friends to do RBGs lol
    I know the feeling, I used to enjoy them, but meh they just take so long to setup if you're pugging...
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

I got my feet wet in BGs doing an r14 grind back in Vanilla, so I've always had a sweet/soft spot for orgnaized BGs (esp against other teams). GY farming is no fun, and random vs random can be entertaining to kill time but gets old once you've got all the achivs/gear/whatever from random BGs. So, outside of trying to get a premade vs premade BG from luck of the draw, RBGs are a lot of fun and a nod to the past for me.

Personally, I despise arena. Maybe (probably) because I've almost always played Ret and mostly only 2s, which has never really been top tier, but it just feels so gimmicky/cheesy in 2s and even in 3s. Hugely spec/comp dependant, and just not interesting to me. I much prefer objectives that are a little bit "deeper" than just death-match.

So, that left RBGs. Sadly, as Ret, only spots available are "lose for cap" groups usually. I rerolled DK to TC and have been having a blast. Only in the 1600s, but still feels so much more fun. Sure, there are some imbalances (boomkins can turn the tide of a teamfight), and the RBG scene is still very comp specific (read: Melee unfriendly unless FDK or Rog), but it still is more fun to me.

My $.02 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I do them because they're fun especially at higher ratings. Only problem is finding an appropriate team since no tool whatsoever is provided by Blizzard to find players on your rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I do them because they're fun especially at higher ratings. Only problem is finding an appropriate team since no tool whatsoever is provided by Blizzard to find players on your rating.
    Will echo this sentiment, esp for those of us on dead realms. OQueue has helped to get me started, but I've alrady found tons of "1600 pushing 1800, need X,Y,Z!" groups that are actually either sub 1k, terrible, or both. Coincidentally, they all seem to have HotA "on another account, bro".
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just get the increased cap from it. Even with a full team of multiglad / r1s and never losing, it's very dull. Even when you face a decent team, it's very dull.

i did a lot of rbgs in s9, i remember enjoying it then, but i haven't enjoyed it since,comps have become to static, full of dumb gimmicks and cheaters.

the higher cap makes it almost required, but half the classes ( basically all melee) in the game are not wanted in rbg comps so its screwing over a huge part of the population.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    I enjoy them, we dont play for rating so much, I just take whoever is online and geared. We have a laugh in vent and usually do some more stuff afterwards. I think if we tried to be more competive i would have to change the classes i take along. Often we play with no mages locks or boomies. We have fun, get cap then play until we dont have fun then go finding horde to kill. And beer, plenty of beer. Love my guild heh.

Yes but only for CP. The moment Blizzard makes arena's more or as efficient I'll drop RBG in a heartbeat.

Not playing them simply becouse i've done too many BGs over years. Essentially it's the same as it was in vanilla when dozen of premades on our server were grinding ranks. Then all this honor grinds inbetween seasons and i'm fed with them to extreme.

No, because WizardCleaves or Rated Wizard Games are pretty boring to play.

Yes, since I hate playing arena. Plus it allowed me to get my old pvp titles on my current main (that was created at the start of BC). Still need to do a lot more of them, though, so I can get the mount, but it's become far more difficult to assemble a group that sticks together since MoP. In Cata our server had trade chat spam for RBGs on almost a daily basis. Now it's up to battlemasters.org and other 3rd party tools to assist with assembling a group for those of us on low pop servers.

Because I do not enjoy staying around for 20 minutes so the damage stacks get high enough on the guy with the flag to worth going for him.
    I do not enjoy Battlegrounds that end with 1 or 2 deaths.
    I want to do PvP not afk till both teams decide it's time to attack after an eternity.

I enjoy doing them because, well I'm a healer and its fun to troll teams that can't kill you. Plus playing with my friends is always a good time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love RBGs. Unfortunately for me I have several characters that I want to keep up with gear so I don't always have time to do RBGs past just getting the conquest cap though. I love large group organized fights. Arena on the other hand.....I just don't get that same enjoyment out of it.

i only keep playing them to get hero each season, otherwise i think they are a complete joke.

It is far better then normal BGs but at a certain point you face the same team set up over and over and the fights unfold the same way repeatedly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I no longer have interest in organized activities (normal/heroic raids, arena, rated BGs), so I only do things I can queue for solo.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Arena's due to pure triumph when trumping another seemingly even match.

RBG's on the other hand in my experience have been very very one sided.. either we get trounced and people get all butt-hurt and leave or we do amazing and people get passive. Hopefully soon i can get into a decent not necessarily trying to push above 3K RBG group that likes to win and doesn't rage/quit after a single loss.