55 49.11%
  • cata

7 6.25%
  • mop

26 23.21%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hate the expansion as you want, but music was great in Cata.
    Cata>Wotlk>Vanilla>MoP>TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    I replied earlier but vaguely. WoW has soooooooo many songs that I love, but a few specifics would be:

Vanilla
    Don't know its name, but the horribly sad music you hear when you go in ruined houses where there are ghosts/plague-related quests
    Scarlet Monastery theme when you fought Doane (was also used in some parts of MC)
    Stratholme theme (was more atmosphere than music, made that place that much creepier)
    Classic Elwynn theme (first in game song I ever heard in WoW, never forgot it)
    Westfall theme
    Countless others

BC
    Hellfire Peninsula
    Zangarmarsh
    Nagrand
    Black Temple music (WTB)
    The theme from the Isle of Quel'danis

Wrath
    Northrend transport theme
    Borean Tundra/Howling Fjord
    Grizzly Hills
    Ulduar/Titan themes
    Icecrown Citadel/ICC 5man dungeons (especially Halls of Reflection!)
    Arthas, My Son (Wrath cinematic, the one you can watch in game)

Cataclysm
    Hyjal theme
    The new night elf theme (video was posted on page 1)
    The music from Blackrock Caverns/Grim Batol
    Uldum themes
    Vortex Pinnacle/Throne of the 4W music

Mists
    KLS theme
    Why do we fight (or whatever its called)
    Dread Wastes themes
    Pretty much all of the Isle of Thunder/Throne of Thunder music (particularly those quiet, eerie piano pieces)
    Just a ton more

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC. Terokkar Forest, Hellfire, Nagrand, Black Temple. Insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great topic btw! Nice to see something positive and not all QQ I HATE GC HE RUINED MY CLASS etc etc.

Deleted
    I think I love WotLK and MoP equally, though I ended up voting for the underdog. Love the Asian themes in MoP. Jade Forest, Krasarang and Halfhill are all incredibly relaxing, the Shado-Pan and monk themes are epic and I have this weird love for a couple of Townlong pieces, like the atmospheric Niuzao Temple BGM and the beefed-up Mantid theme that plays in that instance IIRC (the one with the Yojamba Isle style beat).

And then there's WotLK of course, pretty much everything about it. I think the only zone musics I don't love are Dragonblight, Crystalsong, Icecrown and Borean Tundra (kudos to that last one for creeping me out with the low sounds though). The Ulduar themes are epic, I love the choirs in ICC, the quiet Argent Tournament tracks make me feel at home if I had a home in an awesome medieval fantasy world while its instance/raid arrangement is pretty exciting in its own right, and oh, the Culling of Stratholme anyone ?

Wotlk is first ofcourse, I loved this soundtrack the most,

and after that it's Durotar's Music

Brings so much memories, making my first trial account and leveling each class as an orc, loved that race so much!

Signature Made by Serendia

Wotlk. Since

is the perfect coda for

This one is my favourite in tbc.

I liked this one very much, i keep listening it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, for the Stormpeaks and Icecrown and Ulduar.

But f**k the Grizzily Hills music. It's like trying to play a cello with a cat for a wand. I don't understand how ANYONE likes it.
    Putin khuliyo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP has some of the best soundtracks, whilst comparing them to old school stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    This? or is it Seasons of War
    London Philharmonic Orchestra did an awesome job with it:

Putin khuliyo

Wrath's soundtrack is definitely my number 1.
    It's a tie between Vanilla and TBC, I just can't choose.
    Then it's MoP closely followed by Cata, very closely.
    Overall WoW just has some of my favorite music. Regarding Cata i love Nightsong, but i am sad it basically replased the original Ashenvale theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Great topic btw! Nice to see something positive and not all QQ I HATE GC HE RUINED MY CLASS etc etc.

That was my thought =)
    There are many great tracks indeed.

This is actually not an easy question. I feel that the soundtracks in this game have been of extremely high quality overall. They also tend to serve slightly different nichés. It would be easy to talk about the soundtracks for a long time, but I'll try to pinpoint some of my main thoughts about each of them.

- Vanilla has the most basic soundtrack which made the rough game more immersive. It was above all a game soundtrack.
    - The TBC soundtrack was colourful and exciting, and probably the most melodic overall. I also find it to be the most nostalgic.
    - The WotLK soundtrack took a step into a slightly different direction and is very atmospheric.
    - Cataclysm brought forth a musical facelift to many of the places we have seen and combined old ideas with new ones. The result was yet another good soundtrack, but one that was also at times very distant and even strange.
    - The Mists of Pandaria soundtrack seems to follow in the footsteps of the overall design of the game, and despite the thematic differences it also reminds me of the Cataclysm soundtrack. As cleverly referenced in the piece 'Heart of Pandaria', the music in Mists of Pandaria takes elements from all of the past periods and tries to learn from them while also introducing new things of its own.

There is not a single soundtrack that I dislike.

wotlk by far. it had consistently the best music.

my favorite from wrath.
    all of ulduar soundtrack was amazing however.
    howling fjord, icc, invincible, wotlk log in music, storm peaks, dragonblight, thats just to name a few amazing soundtracks.
    the ebon hold music will always be special for me. it was amazingly put together.

ive honestly heard all of vanilla's music so much, the only one that stands out to me is the log in music.

as far as TBC music goes,

this is by far my favorite. all in all, black temple, sunwell and karazhan had good music.
    the zone music for outland was pretty unimpressive, except for terrokar and nagrand.

cata had some really great music. i liked the reorganized versions of a lot of older tracks. what really stood out at me was the vashjir music. it perfectly captured the deep sea feel.

really ominous and dark, perfect for the abyssal depths.

as far as mop goes, i cant stand the damn asian theme music. its so repetitive and twangy with the godamn mandolin.
    the only tolerable soundtrack so far is throne of thunder, especially the forgotten depths, which starts at 6.00. probably because it reminds me of ulduar slightly.

the shado pan music is alright, but still too damn asian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But f**k the Grizzily Hills music. It's like trying to play a cello with a cat for a wand. I don't understand how ANYONE likes it.
    To be honest I hate the GH "main theme", i.e. the one that plays first when you fly in the zone and goes on even after leaving it because I swear those goddamn violins follow you around.
    But I love the pieces of music that come after it, so peaceful.

The music used in the 5.2 trailer is pretty epic...too bad it isn't in the game (or is it? I at least haven't come across it)

Ultimately I love them all. But I did get sick of the Cata Twilight themes (although their Tauren and Night Elf themes were amazing), and TBC didn't really add much apart from the Blood Elf Theme. So it was a toss up between the original WoW (Elwynn Forest, Mulgore, Tavern music, etc), WotLK (Stormy Peaks, Ulduar titan music, Grizzly Hills, Argent Tournament, etc) and MoP (especially the Monk themes).

In the end I chose MoP because I simply adore the White Tiger temple theme. But its very hard to choose. :S

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 03:01 PM ----------

One of the better things to come out of Cataclysm ;-)

10+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm has the worst just because of EPL Music. The really annoying bit starts at 4:30, i have to turn the music off when in this zone because that bit keeps constantly playing.