Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    if you consider a game still in beta a year after the release, the game dev fucked something up in a bad way.
    Jay Wilson.
    Enough Said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post

D3 situation exactly. We say at least fix the itemization/crafting/inflation. Blizz says no ... so we don't buy expansion.
    One can only hope nobody buys it. My suspicion is that marketing for these games is really really good and overcomes any deficiencies products may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Google or YouTube Diablo 3 pvp and watch older videos...it's been discussed at length in the PvP related threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There was more than enough information about d3 long before its release.
    Nobody was duped, only people who chose to close their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears and then complain when they trip over the dog.
    Actually there wasn't as no one had seen beyond Skeleton King...

Sure there was a lot of words from Blizzard what it was supposed to be and what not but that was just that, words that didn't match up with reality, "Inferno isn't for everyone" comes to mind. No one but Blizzard could have any idea how poorly the itemization would pan out for example, how AH would affect the game, how the bad drop rates due to the AH would affect the game and so on.

Yes, the ideas that were behind D3 concept were faulty at least.

The idea of a difficulty level meant only for a small elite.
    The idea of (too much) random loot.
    The idea of millions of builds when you had to pack up surviviability to go against the above "elite difficulty".
    And in the end, the idea that AH, the fastest and easiest route to gear up your character, wouldn't have been used by the majority of players for getting everything without farming.

All of these together have brought D3 to oblivion. Now the game is getting back up and in a great way - i'm enjoying it a lot more since now actually farming is a good way to progress with your char.

Still the damage done by bad itemization and AH cannot be repaired; even removing the AH you will have some people full decked in great gear and having lots of money that will sell their goodies through other sites. Well, when that happened time ago, you got a permaban - now you're encouraged to do it by the developers (which is sad imho).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The idea of a difficulty level meant only for a small elite.
    Not really an issue in and of it self, it was implemented horribly though. If they had ended the game (hit max level) in late Nightmare/early Hell and had gear progression (using current terms to make sense) 59-62 through out Hell and 62-63 in Inferno it would have worked as both groups of players would have content, better players would be able to gear up a little bit higher than others but over time everyone could through over gearing reach the same levels.

A bit OT but I figured it was worth mentioning that it's not a totally bad concept, just badly implemented.

Well, put in that way sounds better The problem (as you said) was the bad progression system that was put up at the start.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There was more than enough information about d3 long before its release.
    Nobody was duped, only people who chose to close their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears and then complain when they trip over the dog.
    What info? They didnt even beta test the game. All we had to go on was that video full of lies that you always see floating around showing what the game was supposed to be like. Do you really think 10 million+ people would have bought the game if they actually knew how shitty it was going to be and how it uses a loot system that is based on how much money you make IRL rather than how much time you actually played the game? I have 60k elite kills and I see people with 10k or fewer kills with far better equipment. The game hands out loot for using your VISA not playing the game. Why cant people see this fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    What info? They didnt even beta test the game. All we had to go on was that video full of lies that you always see floating around showing what the game was supposed to be like. Do you really think 10 million+ people would have bought the game if they actually knew how shitty it was going to be and how it uses a loot system that is based on how much money you make IRL rather than how much time you actually played the game? I have 60k elite kills and I see people with 10k or fewer kills with far better equipment. The game hands out loot for using your VISA not playing the game. Why cant people see this fact?
    This is exatly the reason im not playing the game anymore. and it has absolutly nothing too do with my epeen. the gameplay in the game is really fun, but the AH is destroying the motivation too continue. i dont want too buy gold and gear, then the whole purpose of playing the game is gone. but when ppl has the chance too buy 10mil for 0.5cent then there is no way in hell that i can have a chance too buy any decent gear on the ah for actually farming.

People say the AH will never dissapear.. fine let ppl play with ah and still buy gold/gear/gem. but mark my word..... if they mark some kind of new server, with a trading post of some kind, and u cant buy any gold, u can only trade gear and buy gear for the gold u actually farmed. the gold ah server will be a desert.

will this new system damage casual players that dont have a chance too play that much??? maybe... but u cant make anyone happy. and this is just my pov

Edit: just came up with an idea. Give those players that arent playing so much or dont have the time, a rested xp/MF system for a period of time. problem solved
    Last edited by Schalde; 2013-05-14 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Jay Wilson.
    Enough Said.
    But I killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

There is a "problem" with diablo 3.

It doesn't matter what patch did I try, everytime I log in, I can't keep playing for more than 1 hour.
    Why? Because I got this feeling that I'm not making any progress, in 1 hour I get a couple of exp bars, lots of yellows which are useless and if I'm lucky I get a legendary, amazing stats, great item, which turns out to sell for 20k on the AH...

So my body reacts like... I'm wasting my time in here, I don't make any progress, so I start looking up the AH for some sales, waste like 20mins there just to realize good items are hundreds of millions and I'm just sitting there with less than 10mil.

Something is missing... something is... wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    I remember a day when 50 dollars got you a game. A game you would spend 15-20 hours to beat, and would most like have bugs, balance issues, too easily defeated bosses or impossible mechanics you had to cheese, etc etc. In fact, that is even how I remember D1/D2.

I don't know why everyone is expecting a crazy amount of content and balancing from Blizzard when there is no subscription fee, they are doing more with D3 than they ever did with D1/D2, SC, WC1-3, etc etc. If any other game developer wants to go over the top it is usually because they are trying to get a solid player base to increase future revenue, not because they love you so much that they are willing to forgo revenue to keep all the developers perfecting the game years after it has been released.
    They didn't need to do anything to D2 ever, all 95% of the people that waited for D3 wanted was D2.5. That's it we just wanted a D2 with new classes, and better graphics/ New maps. They could have easily just done that and kept the D2 players happy, at a face value D3 I guess did its job it provided about 25-30H of enjoyment and I didn't have to pay for it. I would rather play D2 at this point than D3.

Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    There is a "problem" with diablo 3.

It doesn't matter what patch did I try, everytime I log in, I can't keep playing for more than 1 hour.
    Why? Because I got this feeling that I'm not making any progress, in 1 hour I get a couple of exp bars, lots of yellows which are useless and if I'm lucky I get a legendary, amazing stats, great item, which turns out to sell for 20k on the AH...

So my body reacts like... I'm wasting my time in here, I don't make any progress, so I start looking up the AH for some sales, waste like 20mins there just to realize good items are hundreds of millions and I'm just sitting there with less than 10mil.

Something is missing... something is... wrong.
    Diablo 2 was exactly the same. You run a few bosses, get a bunch of crap items, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Diablo 2 was exactly the same. You run a few bosses, get a bunch of crap items, rinse and repeat.
    It might be, I only played d2 a couple of times for the lore, not really interested in farming back then.

The point is, if Blizzard can focus on how the players feel about the game, they can start making changes.

For instance:

1)Yellows are not exciting anymore, they were at release, but now they are totally trivial. Why is this a problem? because people now focus only on legendaries making this a unique path to gear up. In a game of millions of items, this is stupid.

2)If yellows are not exciting, legendaries are following them, the sad truth is that if you don't find a mempo or an skorn you dont get the legendary feeling you used to anymore. Is not that the items are bad, some of them are, the real problem here is that there is a overpopulation of items. Items get into the market everyday thus price go down as fast as they can. I got an amazing drop months ago, an inmortal belts, almost perfect stats, it was worth like 200 mil, now is worth like 7mil. Blizzard should add ways to make items dissappear from the market. Item sinks, unrepairable powerful items 0 durability = destroyed, upgrade system with X% chance to be destroyed. etc etc

3)The zones, we know them to the limit, the linear quest design doesn't make you choice nothing, they force you to play the same way everytime, I don't think "new acts" or "new content" would be the most efficient solution, I think you can use the actual zones to create random dungeons, infinite if you want, I know they told us they can't remove the quest progression system, but it gets old too fast.

4)Make me progress! reward players that play hours and get nothing worth a mil, how? well I'm not a game designer, but as a gamer I can offer some ideas: item exp: so items can gain level and upgrade stats (bop i guess), item reforge for yellows: So a player got a amazing int+vit+crt+cd item but he is not a int player, let him spend tons of X mats on a chance to reforge it. Item upgrades: similar to experience to items, items would be upgradeable by spending X mats and rise their stats, any of these X mats (old ones or current) should be gotten by farming, so players progress as they play. I dont know, just some random ideas.

Deleted
    To be honest patches truly seem to come at a excruciatingly slow speed, but it wouldnt be a big problem if the core issues of the game were still present and mostly untouched: 99% of self-found items are garbage (and too many items drop in general), monotonous gameplay (at least D2 had the thrill of constant ladder resets) and absence of a proper PVP system with matchmaking etc.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    4)Make me progress! reward players that play hours and get nothing worth a mil, how? well I'm not a game designer, but as a gamer I can offer some ideas: item exp: so items can gain level and upgrade stats (bop i guess), item reforge for yellows: So a player got a amazing int+vit+crt+cd item but he is not a int player, let him spend tons of X mats on a chance to reforge it. Item upgrades: similar to experience to items, items would be upgradeable by spending X mats and rise their stats, any of these X mats (old ones or current) should be gotten by farming, so players progress as they play. I dont know, just some random ideas.
    I fully agree with this too. Atm the only semi-predictable source of good items comes with crafting. Problem is that the core of the game should be about dropped items.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2013-05-14 at 03:27 PM.

Crafted BoP items for every slot and some kind of real end game similar to PoE maps and the game is fixed. Im not playing to make RL money or flip items on the AH. If I can craft every piece of armor I wear then thats fine by me. Its better than spending RL money for gear.