Coming back to WoW, how are Rogues in PvE and Raids?

Hey guys

I'm coming back to WoW and one of my two mains is a Rogue. Reason why I love the Rogue is their ability to absolutely tear it up on single targets, but I was never much of a Rogue fan because they weren't really the most fun in AoE. Also is it hard trying to find groups or spots in raids or raiding guilds? I always had a hard time on my Hunter back in WotLK, I imagine it's harder on a Rogue no? I really want to main my Rogue badly, but being limited to only DPS makes me feel not so important since anyone can DPS. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm worried as a Rogue I won't be able to get into Raiding groups and what not and since I've never had great or really progressive Raiding experience before I thought I'd ask some of you who might have. Thanks in advance.

Assassination is one of the best dps atm. You shouldn't have issues if you know what you are doing.

Mut is a great single target spec and does quite well in AoE too.

I don't think you'd have a hard time finding a spot in a raid (assuming appropriate level of play), but if one of your main concerns is having a fun way to AoE, nothing has changed since wrath. Assassination still just has FoK. The only spec that really has an interesting AoE rotation is sub which you are unlikely to be using in a raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I don't think you'd have a hard time finding a spot in a raid (assuming appropriate level of play), but if one of your main concerns is having a fun way to AoE, nothing has changed since wrath. Assassination still just has FoK. The only spec that really has an interesting AoE rotation is sub which you are unlikely to be using in a raid.
    Rupture multi-dotting goes further than mindless FoK spam, it may be clunky but it's quite challenging compared to other AoEs on Horridon, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    Rupture multi-dotting goes further than mindless FoK spam, it may be clunky but it's quite challenging compared to other AoEs on Horridon, for example.
    And at least it's engaging compared to FoK spam, which is the definition of a snoozefest.

Assassination

I keep losing my damn combo points in AoE situations... *sigh* Bad roguery, I'm sure.

To the OP, yes, assassin is quite lively right now. I'm really enjoying myself in raids. Lots of people like ToT, I am not a fan of the instance myself. So I'm enjoying raiding even while hating what I'm raiding. It's quite strange...

boring as hell, if you ask me. watch timers, keep buffs on, let passive attacks do most of the dps, all specs are the same.

rogue is now only mildly amusing in PvP, because the dynamics of PvP make up for the boring gameplay of rogues.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Rupture-AoE is only possible if adds are lasting for a while. For "burst" AoE (e.g. Lei Shen), we are way behind other classes.

Not really. I'm not sure if you mean single targetting and tabbing to a new target after you rupture or if you mean spamming FoK as your cp builder and tabbing everytime you rupture, but either way its really simple and not that fun. Even on standard FoK spam, you'd want to use your cp on something, all you are suggesting is that you add the task of hitting tab. If you did mean the former... thats like saying blade flurry AE is fun... it is just your normal single target rotation with some tab hitting inserted.

A fun and engaging multi dotting would be like an aff lock or boomkin (maybe a mage?). Those classes just switch and put dots up and track them to keep a large number up. We at most keep a couple of ruptures up by hitting tab while doing exactly what we would otherwise be doing. There is a big difference in intentionally changing what you are doing to accomplish something else and just continuing as usual and having the something else basically do itself. Rupture multi dotting is the latter.