Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If for NO OTHER REASON, you don't even have to swap GEAR or reforge/gem for this...

GO FIRE FOR PRIMORDIUS!

AT least once. It is so much freaking fun its crazy train.

I am also considering to go fire more and more nowadays. What I am wondering is which haste plateau I should be aiming for. Or is it not important at all as everyone keeps talking about the 36-39% crit chance only?

I am also questioning whether is it viable to go fire without any 1.4k haste trinkets (elegon or 5.2 trinkets).

My gear atm is full 522 with some HC items. Fire is supposed to be better at the "high end" gear, yeah, but what does that mean exactly.

I checked some spreadsheets prepared by some analysts, and it seems to me haste should be around 11.5k maybe? I think it is too much crit sacrification with my current level of gear, and impossible to reach without a haste trinket. Another option is waiting for your haste proc trinkets to proc to put up a combustion, but that does not guarantee you would have the best ignites you could.

Bottom line is, I am lost about where to aim for the haste plateue. I dont think I will have more haste as fire than I have as frost atm, and all I got is 8.7k haste, without any stable haste trinkets.

Deleted
    Just play the spec you enjoy the most.

I'm 527 ilvl and I'm in love with frost, the pure speed of the spec, the meta gem uptime, frozen orb tearing adds apart and most of all watey the beloved water element.

One of best pieces of advice I've seen on this forum is play what you enjoy and don't let anyone force you into a spec otherwise you'll slowly start to hate playing.

you might be content with doing whatever you enjoy the most, mate. but there are some realities on each spec on a fightly basis. you might be raiding lfr, raiding casual or whatever but each spec has some advantages over the others on each fight. I will never play anything but frost in Tortos (lfr, normal,hc), just like I have never played anything but fire in Garalon.

and again, i repeat the question I have directed a post up:

What I am wondering is which haste plateau I should be aiming for. Or is it not important at all as everyone keeps talking about the 36-39% crit chance only? I checked some spreadsheets prepared by some analysts, and it seems to me haste should be around 11.5k maybe? I think it is too much crit sacrification with my current level of gear, and impossible to reach without a haste trinket.

If someone who is playing fire and good with the ranks of it could answer that, I would be extremely glad.

regards to all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tafaryan View Post
    you might be content with doing whatever you enjoy the most, mate. but there are some realities on each spec on a fightly basis. you might be raiding lfr, raiding casual or whatever but each spec has some advantages over the others on each fight. I will never play anything but frost in Tortos (lfr, normal,hc), just like I have never played anything but fire in Garalon.

and again, i repeat the question I have directed a post up:

What I am wondering is which haste plateau I should be aiming for. Or is it not important at all as everyone keeps talking about the 36-39% crit chance only? I checked some spreadsheets prepared by some analysts, and it seems to me haste should be around 11.5k maybe? I think it is too much crit sacrification with my current level of gear, and impossible to reach without a haste trinket.

If someone who is playing fire and good with the ranks of it could answer that, I would be extremely glad.

regards to all
    Don't worry about haste breakpoints as fire, they will come naturally with gear just focus on crit beacuse it's far superior stat! Also you would not want to wait for haste trinkets to proc before you use your combustion, it's more important to have a big ignite. Quite frankly fire is pretty dependant on int proc trinkets so if you don't have any you might have a bit of a hard time to be honest. I remember at start of ToT where I ran with 522 valor trinket and HC sha trinket, it sucked balls so hard beacuse it's hard to get good ignites without those juicy ignite procs!

Anyways if you could link your armory I could probably take a closer look, I'm at 14500 crit roughly and 7k haste atm but I'm pretty decently geared!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cupofcheese View Post
    Fire isn't about ilvl NEAR as much as it is about crit. I wouldn't recommend switching until your around the 37% area self buffed. Even at 37% you will still have some dryspells I noticed the proc rate to increase significantly when I hit 38-39%+...Not sure what it was about the last 2 percents, but it helped. Also, you've got to understand that player skill comes into play for DPS. If you are a much better frost player than fire, merely switching specs is not going to raise your dps unless you're equally good at fire. I'm at 519 (waiting for my 4pc still) and 39.5% self buffed and it's pretty smooth the majority of the time.
    I agree to you! Very nice advice!

10+ Year Old Account
    My plan is to stay frost, however certain guildies of mine literally can't stop saying I should be fire. Despite the fact another mage and I both sim less with fire, both tested fire on a dummy, and yeah your missing buffs etc..but frost still did more on a dummy, when your also missing a lot of buffs and etc.

I just can't see fire doing more with the numbers im seeing..And if it does more it has to be by a few k unless you get ungodly rng. Which I hate rng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    My plan is to stay frost, however certain guildies of mine literally can't stop saying I should be fire. Despite the fact another mage and I both sim less with fire, both tested fire on a dummy, and yeah your missing buffs etc..but frost still did more on a dummy, when your also missing a lot of buffs and etc.

I just can't see fire doing more with the numbers im seeing..And if it does more it has to be by a few k unless you get ungodly rng. Which I hate rng.
    I'm frost, and as long as i'm not dead last dps i'm not gonna play a spec I don't enjoy.

In fact, i'm first on almost every fight, and i'm ranking pretty often despite beeing only 8/12. ( http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/kael'thas/daa/ )

I tried fire maybe a month ago, results weren't optimal at all, in fact it was sub-par, and I didnt have fun. Frost with the meta and double RPPM trinkets is very fun, i'm dumping most of my crit into mastery now so more procs, less downtime !

I'm frost, and as long as i'm not dead last dps i'm not gonna play a spec I don't enjoy.

In fact, i'm first on almost every fight, and i'm ranking pretty often despite beeing only 8/12. ( http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/kael'thas/daa/ )
    same same, just different progress (9/13hm)

I got SUPER lucky last night getting tier chest AND Cha'ye off of Animus. I have been playing round with the 4 pc in my current frost spec, but I am eyeballing fire. My only real misgiving is that fire casts like molasses in winter compared to median geared frost.