Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Israeli soldiers attack regular palestinians every single day, but they dont allow people to film it. They will take your camera and break it if they see it. So maybe you need to pull your head out of the sand.
    And this is part of the problem. One side goes out of it's way to ignore/remain blind and deaf to the plight of the other side. Everytime that there have been "successful" peace talks Israel has continued making settlements killing innocent Palestinians and Palestine has continued intermittent firing of missiles killing innocent Israelis. Both sides make sure that peace isn't a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And this is part of the problem. One side goes out of it's way to ignore/remain blind and deaf to the plight of the other side. Everytime that there have been "successful" peace talks Israel has continued making settlements killing innocent Palestinians and Palestine has continued intermittent firing of missiles killing innocent Israelis. Both sides make sure that peace isn't a possibility.
    Considering that Israel has killed 45 times more people in the last few years and that every court has sided with Palestine, we all know who's in the wrong *cough* illegal occupiers *cough.*

It'd be like asking the Warsaw Ghetto survivors and the Nazis in the same room and pretending they're equal. One side has so clearly done more evil and been more vicious that it's a joke.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your opinion is a product of tv. I live relatively near that area and i can tell you this, the Palestinians are the victims here. After the phrase i just wrote i wil ltell you that victims are in both sides from the extremists on both sides. However overall, the Palestinians are the victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Palestine was fairly friendly to Zionists. Once upon a time they were peaceful neighbours. Then the Israelis were given huge swathes of land that didn't belong to the Zionists and started a war with the natives. If Israel went back to the borders of 48 I think there'd be a real chance of peace.
    Never going to happen. Nor should it: Israel's expansion is basically a fait accompli by this point. It would be about as productive as giving much of the US back to the surviving tribes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Never going to happen. Nor should it: Israel's expansion is basically a fait accompli by this point. It would be about as productive as giving much of the US back to the surviving tribes.
    So, Holy War ad infinitum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    Your opinion is a product of tv. I live relatively near that area and i can tell you this, the Palestinians are the victims here. After the phrase i just wrote i wil ltell you that victims are in both sides from the extremists on both sides. However overall, the Palestinians are the victims.
    No, they aren't. Both sides are at fault; the Palestinians are not "peace lovers". One of the reasons Jordan is relatively stable at present is because the Hashemites kicked the Palestinians out of the Transjordan.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, Holy War ad infinitum?
    Either Israel will become tempered by some external factor, or the Palestinians will be crushed and acculturated. Sad truth, but the most likely outcome.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It should, but it probably won't. You'd have to pull off an Israel to get Israel to do anything legal, meaningful, just or fair.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Congratulations i guess.

No point even starting to discuss anything else as it will derail as usual and from the looks of it, already did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    It should, but it probably won't. You'd have to pull off an Israel to get Israel to do anything legal, meaningful, just or fair.
    Legal? You know that international law is a bunch of garbage, yes?

Israel's position is understandable. Compare it to France after the Franco-Prussian War.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure it is because in the west,we live our lives in such relative safety and prosperity, we can enjoy some sort of vicarious sense of excitement rooting for the bad guy. I can think of no better reason it is so cool to hate on Israel on the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I figure it is because in the west,we live our lives in such relative safety and prosperity, we can enjoy some sort of vicarious sense of excitement rooting for the bad guy. I can think of no better reason it is so cool to hate on Israel on the interwebs.
    I disagree, I used to be a firm supporter of israel because i was led to believe they were the victims. Only later did i realize this isnt the case. The israeli military will literally show up in a palestian farming village in the west bank and make the people leave that night, even if they have been there for 50 yrs. They come in firing, and they just dont give these people any hope. Now granted yeah the terrorist that strap bombs to themselves and blow up nightclubs are a huge security threat. I think to solve this Israel should back off to the 1948 borders, and just leave the palestinians there alone. But to give israel security they should boot out every single palestian living inside israels borders as well. Making a palestinian state also gives israel the ability to make palestine take responsibility for any incident that happens in the future. You cant declare war on people but you can declare war on another country. Good fences make good neighbors.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2013-05-04 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I don't think the 48 borders, or expelling people is feasible, and we saw what the Arabs thought of those borders back in 48. And a lot of people only consider Israel the protagonist only when it's civilians are getting blown up on a daily basis. This is less about country and more about religion imo. That part of the word will always be infuriated when there is a infidel within range of their rockets.

I will never get this ...documented history for thousands of years proves that Israel is the home and holy place of all Jews . They occupied the land thousands of years before Muslims took the land ...Palestine is not a place in the same sense that America is not a place it's stolen land ..in this case Israel would be the Indians who have won America back ...we none native Americans would be lucky if they gave us reservations to live on ( Palestine ) ...sorry just my opinion .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    I will never get this ...documented history for thousands of years proves that Israel is the home and holy place of all Jews . They occupied the land thousands of years before Muslims took the land ...Palestine is not a place in the same sense that America is not a place it's stolen land ..in this case Israel would be the Indians who have won America back ...we none native Americans would be lucky if they gave us reservations to live on ( Palestine ) ...sorry just my opinion .
    Question is, how far do one need to go back. Also its not even the same people, google dna tests on the matter

My personal opinion, fxxk em both. Both people are lead by idiots who refuse to compromise to the extent needed to co-exist. Fed up with the stupidity that is the middle east of today, religious zealots prevails.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-05-04 at 09:06 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Yes, google recognizing Palestine as a country actually means Palestine is a country...."sarcasm"

Words are words, its determined by the one that has greater power, and Israel has that power.
    If Google recognizes it as a country the majority of the world will simply because google is the primary modern sorce of knowledge.
    I mean when was the last time you actually picked up a dictonary/encylopedia/map or even took a trip to the local library.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    My personal opinion, fxxk em both. Both people are lead by idiots who refuse to compromise to the extent needed to co-exist. Fed up with the stupidity that is the middle east of today, religious zealots prevails.
    Is the whole world this brain dead? If you were against religious zealots you would not be against Israel. Don't take it from me, see for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really?? I hope you are just attempting to be clever by quoting Google as being a great power. But who know's these days, there are a lot of stupid people. Both nations have pretty much screwed up any chance at making peace any time soon. It isn't hard to look into who is right in this matter. It is historical fact who the land belongs to.

Deleted
    I've been following the whole situation for a while now and my opinion on the matter is pretty much the same. If they can't compromise for whatever reasons then f**k em. And fighting because of religious views always seems like 2 insane people throwing their filth at each other, they both get infuriated, both of their opinions are made up in their own crazy heads without any objective reason behind it, neither will change their mind and there is no wrong or right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Is the whole world this brain dead? If you were against religious zealots you would not be against Israel. Don't take it from me, see for yourself.
    What? I wrote that both people despite the will to co-exist among them both to a large extent is ruined by both of them having religious zealots calling the shots.

The average Joe in both Israel and Palestine gets fucked by their respective people in power.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Really?? I hope you are just attempting to be clever by quoting Google as being a great power. But who know's these days, there are a lot of stupid people. Both nations have pretty much screwed up any chance at making peace any time soon. It isn't hard to look into who is right in this matter. It is historical fact who the land belongs to.
    Again, it is not about a historical pseudo fact cos that shift according to ones personal preference of where to start measuring.
    There is no alternative than a compromise and co-exitance.
    I'm what would be called pro-palestinian but I acknowledge that such a solution wont ever happen, better they both shape the fuck up and compromise and act like sane rational people for once before killing more of each other as tribute to their holy texts.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-05-04 at 09:31 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    I still don't get Palestine. They have never throughout history been a independent country, they have always been under a kingdom/empire like the Persians, english and Ottoman empire. They have at no point had a government or royal family or anything to call themselves a people with rights over a certain area. So at which point is it they can claim that a certain area belongs to them?