Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Brawler's Guild Mount, Heroic Scenarios, Blue Tweets, Warlock HS Card, OpenRaid Event

The Making Of: Diablo, Blue Posts, Community Commentary: Why Can't We Be Friends?, Mephisto's Visage Fan Art

Patch 5.3 - Brawler's Burly Mushan Beast
    Patch 5.3 adds another new mount, the Brawler's Burly Mushan Beast. Access to purchase this 1200 gold mount is a reward of reaching Rank 10 in the Brawler's Guild.

Patch 5.3 - Heroic Scenario Group Requirement
    The official notes have listed the group requirement for Heroic Scenarios for some time, but it was never actually in game until recently. Previously you were able to queue and get a random group to complete the scenario, but now you need 2 other players.

Heroic Scenarios and Dungeons
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We consider the entire forums (all of them) to be an opportunity for you all to share your ideas/constructive feedback etc. with us. We're always reading. It's also worth noting that Heroic Scenarios are a first go for us in giving players who want a bit more of a challenge within the Scenarios a way to get it. That said, that doesn't mean that these are the last "new" thing we'll ever add to the game. We're always looking at new ideas or concepts to push the gameplay within World of Warcraft further. We can't talk about all those ideas until we know we are able to make them work and are going to implement them (or at least we try not to if we can), but that doesn't mean we aren't listening or planning on our end too.

I understand that many people would like new dungeons and we've addressed this a few times now, but at this point in time, we're not adding them. We have a lot of other things that we're putting efforts into that we think will be great additions to the game. Again, we're not ready to talk about those just yet, but once we can share that information with you all, we will. For now, we wanted to share a bit more about what the new Scenarios will bring.

If you haven't tried them on the PTR, you may just want to give it a shot. They're fun and add some great story elements as well.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Look at monk attack animations. The players' reward for doing their role correctly is that their screen looks beautiful. Cont
    We are working long term on making rogue and warrior attacks cooler, since we agree that they look the most bland while fighting. (Source)

Buttons bloat: are we in a good place now or some class still need less active abilities (taking into account 5.3 PTR change)?
    I think just about every class has too many buttons. (Source)

Out of curiosity, how do you internally measure when one healer is too weak or powerful then?
    We try to look at the data lot of different ways: HPS during burst moments, dependence on mana CDs, synergy among healers, etc. (Source)
    If it was as simple as manipulating spec score or whatever, we could automate the entire balance process. (Source)
    People dedicate their lives to understanding large data sets. It's why I always say there isn't a "thermometer" for DPS. (Source)
    I don't mean to imply that data aren't useful -- they are! But you can't bubble up the data into a number that measures awesomeness. (Source)
    We also do a lot of internal tests too, because we have a lot more tools at our disposal than target dummies. (Source)

How happy are you with the combo point style of resource management?
    Happy. We think it's more interesting than cooldown-driven rotations. (Source)

Since spec/stats/ilvl dictate survivability in PVP/PVE more than anything now, ever think about abolishing diff armor types?
    As in mail vs. cloth? If anything, I wish that distinction was more meaningful. (Source)

Would it be possible to make Divine protection usable for Holy Palas when stunned like PS, Barkskin and Life cocoon?
    In general we don't like having lots of counters to counters. (Source)
    Stuns are intended to be scary. We'd rather nerf them than provide a ton of ways to mitigate or ignore them. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Damage adjustments to FeS and SS to discourage festerblight? Or just datamine error? Feel like its more of a trinket problem..
    We're okay with Festerblight as a high risk moderate reward thing. There was a possibility it would be mandatory. (Source)

Frost DKs are scaling very poorly. I know you hate this word but I'm sick of getting no response via twitter and no changes.
    How much DPS are you failing to gain over the course of ToT because of ilevel scaling? 10%? 5%? 1%? (Source)
    If Frost DKs appear to be doing poorly it's probably because Unholy is a viable alternative now and lots are trying it. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    5.3 hunter: Considering reverting the DR change on Scatter Shot but might nerf hunter pet CC cooldowns instead. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Hey GC,What are your thoughts on Combustion? It is overly complicated to get the perfect ignite, & you're screwed if you fail.
    What if you just went for a good Ignite instead of a perfect Ignite? (Source)
    We generally like having options for a lot of extra work for small rewards. Small keeps them staying optional. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Agreed on Eternal Flame being a problem, but why no plans to adjust it in 5.3?
    First, we agree with the supposition that the previous set bonus really propped up that healing style. (Source)
    Second, it would be a big change that would require some relearning on the part of paladins and rebalancing on the part of design. (Source)
    Better to try something on a 5.4 PTR, when there will be a lot of healers trying out new bosses (compared to 5.3's quieter PTR). (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    attonement is a fail to the class in conjuntion with ToT Damange Increased bosses, must reconsider to delete this feature.
    I don't understand why. Atonement is fun and useful. It's just a little OP at the moment (even on non-damage buffed bosses). (Source)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Rescinding one of my last tweets about PTR rogue ArP change. Will there be a tool tip saying 50%pvp?
    There will be a 50% cap on Find Weakness in PvP, whether it's tooltipped or not. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Do you guys have plans on making Heroic leap usable up hills? Like leaping up a hill to peel seems pretty heroic yes?
    It's just a technical limitation because people were leaping up walls and out of BGs. #thisiswhyyoucanthavenicethings (Source)

Warlock Card Reveal: Void Terror
    The new cards have already been added to the wiki!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In this Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft card reveal, we deal out a card that’s bound to make your enemies tremble and quake before you—the Void Terror.

The indomitable Warlock Gul’dan stops at nothing in his pursuit of power, and the whisper of his name strikes fear into the hearts of his enemies. Among all his devices of dread, one card in his arsenal is especially terrifying.

THIS CARD.

The Void Terror is able to absorb the minions next to him upon being summoned. Are you in control of a pair of feeble murlocs? Not anymore. Now you have a giant Void Terror. What happened to those night elves you had? Now they have become one with the void.

Void Terror can also help make your forces less vulnerable to Area of Effect (AoE) spells. Hellfire would cripple a deck filled with small minions....

Void Terror can help turn that army of puny minions into a huge, shadowy behemoth. That 3-damage blast of flame would barely faze your big blue demon on his path of destruction.

This minion really shines when you can convert single-turn, temporary effects like Power Overwhelming into a permanent bonus.

Give one of your puny minions a taste of SUPREME POWER, let him strike for a single, glorious attack, and then let the Void Terror suck his newly enhanced essence into his being. (Don’t be sad, it was going to die anyway.) In fact, a quick death in the Void is probably more pleasant than the alternative. Now that temporary +4/+4 bonus lives forever within the Void Terror!

When playing as Gul’dan, your role is not to care for the well-being of your minions. They are TOOLS for you to manipulate on your way to victory, and to be fed to the demons you’ll summon from the Void. Like any good tool, the purpose they serve is yours and yours alone.

I just wouldn’t get too close to this one if I were you. He looks hungry.

OpenRaid Event - Icy Veins
    OpenRaid is running an event for both US / EU Horde players that will give you a chance to raid with some of the Icy Veins staff, as well as ask questions. There are already 100s of people signed up, but you can still ask questions without attending the raid.

Let us know if there are other groups you would like to see doing a similar event!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-05-04 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! A mushan mount that I can hope to get by effort and not sheer luck from Galleon.

Great, I was excited before but now I can't fucking wait till Hearthstone comes out.

Neat Mushan Beastie to get. Excited to hear that they're working on warrior attack animations. Updates models? Updated animations? Maaaybe? =D

Also wondering if they might work on reducing button bloat for everyone in the next expansion.

Nothing like good info. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay a cool mount.

So sad that the already long brawler queues are getting 10 times longer now due to people farming mount. (highly horde populated realm)

Deleted
    Should I ask the Icy Veins staff questions about MSV or what? They should go around and ask people for ToT tactics... still cant believe that Blizzard and MMO-C are supporting this site, which lacks content and has so many wrongs in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically thats a skinny kodo? I wish they would give those type of mounts a gallop animation like the horses get,it just looks like its trying to walk really really fast like its dying for a shit or something.

Great, my Galleon mount just got worthless...

Oh no, they're reusing a model! Now the other mount with that model got worthless! I mean, it's not like I can use it from now on, or like anyone else gives a flying ... about the mount I ride!

Deleted
    Wow Really blizzard another reskin mount?

haha

& that's why i quited :P

Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post
    Yay a cool mount.

So sad that the already long brawler queues are getting 10 times longer now due to people farming mount. (highly horde populated realm)

Yay for being in a dead server pool(yeah, you read that right. We are not speaking of dead servers anymore....it's a whole server pool).

Quote Originally Posted by Real1sity View Post

Yeah. If you're one of those fools that bases the worth of their mounts on their rarity, it might have become slightly more worthless.

I'm glad that, unlike you, I have the power of will to play a game solely for my enjoyment; not just to wave my damaged ego - hungering for nurture - around. I actually get to have fun!

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Since getting Rank 10 is way, way more difficult than killing Galleon and hoping for RNG luck...no, not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, just when I was starting to think you were the coolest ever..

Anyway, glad I'll be able to obtain this mount, and be cool.

That is one macho Voidwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do you guys have plans on making Heroic leap usable up hills? Like leaping up a hill to peel seems pretty heroic yes?
    It's just a technical limitation because people were leaping up walls and out of BGs. #thisiswhyyoucanthavenicethings (Source)
    "We can't write a line of non-exploitable code so we cut functionality instead, this is naturally the fault of the players and not a result of our own incompetence."

Man I'm so glad I subscribe to this site still, it just constantly reinforces the reasons I don't play this game and won't ever pick it up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulvak View Post
    "We can't write a line of non-exploitable code so we cut functionality instead, this is naturally the fault of the players and not a result of our own incompetence."

Man I'm so glad I subscribe to this site still, it just constantly reinforces the reasons I don't play this game and won't ever pick it up again.
    Why would you need to leap up a hill? Almost every zone in the game you're able to fly. The only place like the blue said you'd be able to really use it for bad things is in a BG. Imagin' the opposite team gets the flag, heroic leaps up out of possible reach. Now what?

Asking to be able to leap up a hill is silly, this isn't back in Vanilla where you couldn't fly everywhere. Want up the hill? Mount your flying mount, space bar, and profit.

I'm glad you're not playing WoW. Such silly requests from people.

15+ Year Old Account
    will that raid be live streamed by any chance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad I gave up on Dark Summoner RNG. Not a single fight where a ghost didn't decide to spawn on top of me.

Thanks god I don't play this game anymore. Look at the news everyday become worst.