Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question How to "fix" LFR loot drops

Been thinking about this for a while. Hopefully it would make things slightly easier than they are now.
    The boss used in the example will be Tortos from ToT. Its LFR loot table is here --> http://www.wowhead.com/npc=67977#drops:mode=raidfinder

First off, all loot has a 100% drop rate. There would no longer be any excruciating rates close to zero. Although this seems broken, there would be conditions in place to ensure it wouldn't be 100% easy.

- All players in the raid receive an item relevant to their class AND spec. So a Restoration Shaman might get "Abandoned Spaulders of Renewal", but if the same Shaman wanted "Abandoned Spaulders of Arrowflight", he'd have to switch to his Enhancement spec before the Tortos fight started.

- All loot gains or misses would be recorded internally, and would gradually increase every time. So if a Hunter missed getting "Shattered Tortoiseshell Longbow" the first time he fought Tortos, he'd have an increased chance next time, up to 50%. Once the Hunter got the weapon, his chance at getting it again would reset to zero, even if he got rid of it straight after (not that any sane person would).

- Loot gains would take into account previous acquisition of an item. If a Mage had "Azure Shell Bracers", their chance to reacquire it would be greatly decreased. This would apply even if the item was deleted and then restored by Blizzard. It would also make a (slight?) exemption for weapons that can be dual-wielded (Flyn's Flickering Dagger for Rogues).

- If a Protection Warrior and a Blood DK were aiming to get "Shell-Coated Wristplates", obviously only one of them would be eligible at first. The new system would take all above factors into account for this scenario, as well as an item superiority factor. This means that if either player had an item which was superior to their target, even if it was from another difficulty or upgraded, that player would be ineligible.

- Obviously, a class/spec that couldn't use a certain item would never get it full stop. Druids would be auto-excluded from obtaining items like "Refreshing Abalone Girdle".

- If a player had obtained all viable loot from Tortos, they would instead receive a bag of gold.

- Elder Charms and Mogu Runes would be largely unchanged from their current status. In this new system, they would still give you a bonus chance to obtain an item. But again, the charms and runes would conform to the above points.

Any (constructive) thoughts on this?

Could you make it any more difficult?

There is no fixing to be done, the system works fine at the moment.

Yes, make this game easier. Please. It's just what it needs.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

So basically you want to remove the grind from obtaining new gear so that you can practically go from 480-502 ilvl in one full run of LFR?. Sorry to disappoint you but the only reason people keep playing MMO's is purely because of the grind. This suggested system would make gearing all too easy, the current system works fine, if you don't get the item you want, oh well better luck next reset.

They are already implementing a system which increases your chances of getting loot from bonus rolls when you go through a bad streak of gold. Any system which guarantees relevant loot will never come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Any (constructive) thoughts on this?
    My only advice to you is stop making suggestions, your lined points are terrible ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too complex and the grind is part of the game.
    Warlock (SL main)

LFR gives enough loot as it is and it gives valor points, which guarantee loot, I don't think it needs guaranteed loot on top of it lol (and you don't actually need any throne of thunder loot in there to clear any of the bosses).

There's another thread that said the LFR drops should be blue, I honestly think that would be a good idea (or make the loot a different color like brown), seems kinda weird that the place drops epics in the first place when the goal for LFR was so you could see all the content.

Guaranteed loot drops? No thank you. No guarantee of drops in normal or heroics, so why would there be one in LFR?

Nothing wrong with how it works right now. I'm always hearing people talking about how they never win anything in LFR and then when I inspect them low and behold they are covered in LFR and Valor items.. What they really mean is "omg the 2 slots I haven't filled yet didn't drop for me and I expect to be fully geared 3 within only 3 weeks of the full Throne of thunder LFR opening".

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    They are already implementing a system which increases your chances of getting loot from bonus rolls when you go through a bad streak of gold.
    So you're saying a Hunter who keeps missing out on Durumu's Baleful Gaze would have a better chance of getting in this new system you speak of?

15+ Year Old Account
    People is NEVER happy what so ever about what Blizzard does, people want more and more free loot, it SICKENS ME
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    LFR gives enough loot as it is and it gives valor points, which guarantee loot,
    cant get weapons from valor i get screwed by 3 bosses each week while trying to get my weapon, tortos damuru and quon all eihter giving me duplicates or double gold
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-05-04 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    So you're saying a Hunter who keeps missing out on Durumu's Baleful Gaze would have a better chance of getting in this new system you speak of?
    Everytime you get gold you'll have an increased chance to get loot until you do...Try reading the front page instead of coming up with strange ideas that make no sense because you don't get loot all the time. Break your sense of entitlement.

Deleted
    To much new coding work to add if they even can add such a thing in the current code , which is time that is beter spend on other things since this is not an issue in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The system is already perfect. For the whiners they are making the loot tokens have increasing returns until you get loot from them....

wont make much difference that will just give a increase in duplicates tbh i dont want the same boots from tortos 5 times in a row, i actualy want somthing i can make use of,

since blizz has a record of what you have won in lfr id like an item to have a 1% chance to not apear after the 1st time you win thta item this stacks for every time that you win the item

so say i win the boots off tortos on my hunter they have a 33% chance to drop if i win a item as his loot table has a weapon bracers and boots for me and the i win the boots 6 times the chance for me to win the boots again would drop by 5%
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-05-04 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    OK that is the most complex way of getting "more loot" I have ever read on these forums.

Write now its very simple.

You get a 15% chance of a random piece of loot for your spec, you can use a coin for a bonus roll.

Valor gear is meant to fill your gaps if your unlucky.

Can you really imagine trying to explain your system to someone new to raiding?

The only thing I would like to see is some way of getting weapons that is less RNG than it currently is as that can have a massive effect on your DPS/HPS etc (I don't think these should be a Valor thing though as everyone would get them straight away if it was).

I don't think we need something this extreme. I'd be happy just with an increased drop rate with the current system, because getting that bag of garbage is awful. It'd be nice if the bag was guaranteed to have some kind of useful potion/gems, instead of just gold (not even sure if there's a chance for something other than gold), but just gold is blah.

Deleted
    The LFR loot system is fine as is, and this is from a person who went a whole week without winning an item in LFR, off of Nalak or Oondasta, exhausting 3 coins and clearing up to Dark Animus in normal ToT (I only won the tier chest (the 522 one)).

Sounds like you're overly entitled. You don't deserve the loot or even need it. Loot is RNG and will always BE RNG. If you don't like this system there are a lot of games that don't use it. Oh yeah, and there are these BS 502 weapons you can get...
    Blacksmiths can make 502 daggers? Please tell me where these plans are. XD

Sounds like you're overly entitled. You don't deserve the loot or even need it. Loot is RNG and will always BE RNG. If you don't like this system there are a lot of games that don't use it. Oh yeah, and there are these BS 502 weapons you can get...
    since when can BS make weapons for a hunter?