Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    stoped reading there as this is a bad generalization and it needs to stop
    It's acctually what's happening if you open your eyes.

How about you zone in and get a drop down list of all the gear you want and you can pick 3-4. Then you can zone out and be done.

On a more serious note, a slightly increased drop rate might be nice, but the current system works fine.

So your fix for LFR loot is....100% drop chance.

I like this idea. While we are at it I would like for them to make Heroic TOT bosses drop 25 pieces of loot which match to each players class/spec and if the person already has that loot there is a button that says "redo" and it gives you another item that has a 50% chance to be a weapon and a 50% chance to be a trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think they need do incress the drop chance in lfr. I am sick of wasting HOURS in lfr on alts to come out with nothing but gold (which I do not need). I have better things to do with my time then waste it on wow alts getting nothing better then gold. So I have stopped even playing my alts now. Can't even be bothered to do lfr on my main the last 2 weeks. But 100% might be a bit over kill.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    There is no fixing to be done, the system works fine at the moment.
    Negative. The system for LFR loot is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I do think they need do incress the drop chance in lfr. I am sick of wasting HOURS in lfr on alts to come out with nothing but gold (which I do not need). I have better things to do with my time then waste it on wow alts getting nothing better then gold. So I have stopped even playing my alts now. Can't even be bothered to do lfr on my main the last 2 weeks. But 100% might be a bit over kill.
    Try raiding for the enjoyment of it, or playing the game for the enjoyment. The moment you start considering loot to be bonus, so much stress will be removed from you.

LFR doesn't need fixing. My alts come out emptyhanded often, but when they do get something I'm really happy. The amount of stuff I get in LFR is comparable to what my main gets in heroic mode, really. One item a week is optimistic, one item every other week practically guaranteed.

Of course, the luck factor plays into this. The above is a gross average of my experience. Sometimes you get more, sometimes you get less. It's life, literally - the moment you stop having stupid high expectations is the moment you finally start enjoying what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    People is NEVER happy what so ever about what Blizzard does, people want more and more free loot, it SICKENS ME
    Does what other people do in a game REALLY sicken you?

Unless it's stomping babies or something, but that's not what we're talking about.

RNG needs to be as-is for a queue based system. You want lots of people signing up lots of times.

If anything, a more 'precise' loot drop scheme might be what's needed in normal modes, so folks can, if they choose, jump into heroics quicker.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Negative. The system for LFR loot is broken.
    There is nothing broken about the current loot system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Been thinking about this for a while. Hopefully it would make things slightly easier than they are now.
    The boss used in the example will be Tortos from ToT. Its LFR loot table is here --> http://www.wowhead.com/npc=67977#drops:mode=raidfinder

First off, all loot has a 100% drop rate. There would no longer be any excruciating rates close to zero. Although this seems broken, there would be conditions in place to ensure it wouldn't be 100% easy.

- All players in the raid receive an item relevant to their class AND spec. So a Restoration Shaman might get "Abandoned Spaulders of Renewal", but if the same Shaman wanted "Abandoned Spaulders of Arrowflight", he'd have to switch to his Enhancement spec before the Tortos fight started.

- All loot gains or misses would be recorded internally, and would gradually increase every time. So if a Hunter missed getting "Shattered Tortoiseshell Longbow" the first time he fought Tortos, he'd have an increased chance next time, up to 50%. Once the Hunter got the weapon, his chance at getting it again would reset to zero, even if he got rid of it straight after (not that any sane person would).

- Loot gains would take into account previous acquisition of an item. If a Mage had "Azure Shell Bracers", their chance to reacquire it would be greatly decreased. This would apply even if the item was deleted and then restored by Blizzard. It would also make a (slight?) exemption for weapons that can be dual-wielded (Flyn's Flickering Dagger for Rogues).

- If a Protection Warrior and a Blood DK were aiming to get "Shell-Coated Wristplates", obviously only one of them would be eligible at first. The new system would take all above factors into account for this scenario, as well as an item superiority factor. This means that if either player had an item which was superior to their target, even if it was from another difficulty or upgraded, that player would be ineligible.

- Obviously, a class/spec that couldn't use a certain item would never get it full stop. Druids would be auto-excluded from obtaining items like "Refreshing Abalone Girdle".

- If a player had obtained all viable loot from Tortos, they would instead receive a bag of gold.

- Elder Charms and Mogu Runes would be largely unchanged from their current status. In this new system, they would still give you a bonus chance to obtain an item. But again, the charms and runes would conform to the above points.

Any (constructive) thoughts on this?
    in a single word... No. LFR should remain at the 15% drop rate... 100% drop rate is asinine.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You know how you fix the drop rates of LFR... you don't count on LFR for gear and do norm/hc modes. If you aren't doing those or don't want to well you are in luck dungeon blues are more then good enough to do LFR, the only reason they aren't is to gate ppl getting into LFR not because they aren't good enough items.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Try raiding for the enjoyment of it, or playing the game for the enjoyment. The moment you start considering loot to be bonus, so much stress will be removed from you.
    I raided for almost 7 years and now just do lfr to progress my characters with loot. My enjoyment from raiding all those years was getting loot. I have played wow for 8 years for loot and I am not going to stop now. That is my enjoyment. I did enjoy downing boss but with the whole reason was to get the shinnies at the end. Only boss I was amazing happy about doing was heroic rag. No boss has ever been that fun. If I am not getting loot on a player I abandon it. Rogue and hpally get loot so they are the only 2 I play I have abandoned my 6 other 90s.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    The LFR loot system is fine as is, and this is from a person who went a whole week without winning an item in LFR, off of Nalak or Oondasta, exhausting 3 coins and clearing up to Dark Animus in normal ToT (I only won the tier chest (the 522 one)).

Blacksmiths can make 502 daggers? Please tell me where these plans are. XD
    blacksmiths can make several 502 weapons, sadly... daggers aren't among them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

OP, it doesn't seem like you understand how the current LFR loot works. You present a theoretical situation where a Blood DK and Prot Warrior are vying for the same item, but each player in LFR has their own separate chance to receive loot independent of everyone else. People can receive the same item from the same boss. This was confirmed to me in game by a GM just last week.
    Thrall: Morning Garrosh, want some pancakes?
    Garrosh: A TRUE WARCHIEF WOULD NEVER CONSUME WEAK PANCAKES. ONLY THE MIGHT OF WAFFLES IS FIT TO COMMAND THE HORDE! LOK'TAR O'GAR!

Basic Campfire for Warchief

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This topic can be closed now. I've been made aware of the "bad luck prevention" mechanism being introduced in the 5.3 patch. My only hope is that it will also take into account previous acquisition of gear and not reward players with the same thing more than once.

How about when you hit level 90 everyone gets a full set of the highest ilvl gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    It's acctually what's happening if you open your eyes.
    my point was that he is putting every one in to the 1 catagory which isnt the case

Deleted
    Been thinking about this for a while. Hopefully it would make things slightly easier than they are now.
    The boss used in the example will be Tortos from ToT. Its LFR loot table is here --> http://www.wowhead.com/npc=67977#drops:mode=raidfinder

First off, all loot has a 100% drop rate. There would no longer be any excruciating rates close to zero. Although this seems broken, there would be conditions in place to ensure it wouldn't be 100% easy.

- All players in the raid receive an item relevant to their class AND spec. So a Restoration Shaman might get "Abandoned Spaulders of Renewal", but if the same Shaman wanted "Abandoned Spaulders of Arrowflight", he'd have to switch to his Enhancement spec before the Tortos fight started.
    - If a player had obtained all viable loot from Tortos, they would instead receive a bag of gold.
    Now you tell me why would I run LFR after 3 tries?

Deleted
    I recall back in ICC waiting 8 months for a certain trinket to drop from rotface, tell me how lfr looting is bad again?

Any (constructive) thoughts on this?
    What is the point of doing a fight when you know you'll pretty much get loot everytime? So you stop doing it in a couple weeks? The system is fine. Everyone just needs to learn that things aren't going to be handed to them and work is required. You can't expect to go in a couple times and get all the loot you need.

Your system basically says "Thanks for showing up, here's your loot and hope not to see you next week!".

The only thing that I suggest being changed and Blizzard is putting it in for 5.3 is that if you get no loot for weeks that you get an increased chance of receiving something. I've gone from first week of ToT to now not receiving loot off several bosses. I have no issues with not receiving stuff, just that after 10 weeks it'd be nice to see even a piece I can't use.

Only real "fix" that's needed is Lei Shens loot table - needs to drop tier loot.

Other than that, Bliz needs to fix it so that you can SEE the loot others are getting again, AND ensure that there's always at least 3 in a 25man LFR that win loot. Part of the problem is the illusion (and sometimes reality) that the bosses didn't drop anything - only gold.