Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    could always try couchsurfing
    https://www.couchsurfing.org/

First of all, I would ask at your college if there is anyone who may be able to advise or help you about your situation, and whether you can get any help or advice from them. Although they are not obliged to give you accommodation obviously they may have contacts or people that can help you out in the local authorities.

Stop this second any unnecessary spending, and save every penny you can - you may well need it for a deposit / rent and if you have anything non-essential you can sell, get rid of it - you can replace it later, getting a stable roof over your head is more important that "stuff".

Also you could try the citizens advice bureau / local council and gather as much info or help as you can about the best way to proceed. You might be eligible for extra money / housing benefits / emergency handouts etc

If you end up renting privately, look into house shares, I lived in one for over a year, and while it wasn't ideal, it was a cheap way of renting while I got back on my feet after a failed relationship where I had to relocate on short notice. Basically don't let your pride get in the way of a cheap place to live ^^

Good luck, I know how it is to have parents that fail on the parenting / supporting front.

I wondor how many people inn the OP's situation would like gouverment help like we have inn Denmark?

It's pretty sickening to know that a 17 year old inn the UK has to be inn a situation like this, if you ask me.

OP I suggest couch surfing. I hear this a option for people who need's a temp place to live.

edit; oh was suggested :P We'll then I suggest full time working it seems Bad option, should rather study or have free-time as you're age!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I really wouldn't recommend "surfing" on anyones couch unless you know them... sounds like a recipe for disaster if you get unlucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I wondor how many people inn the OP's situation would like gouverment help like we have inn Denmark?

It's pretty sickening to know that a 17 year old inn the UK has to be inn a situation like this, if you ask me.

!
    OP he can get help and quite a lot i left home when i was 2 days past 16th birthday and got my own flat and help, there is a lot he can be offered but he has to go get it they wont come to him, and as ive found out the earlier you go the easier it is for the council to help.

he can get his rent paid and recieve a living allowance a clothes loan all sorts of things, theres even food banks he can go to each week to help him live a fairly comfortable life on a low income, im 38 and recieve £225 a month allowance towards my private rent as im on such piss poor wages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly?

Go to your school, go to advisoring or counseling, explain your situation, and ask them for help. They ought to have resources to at least direct you where to go to find proper help locally. A lot of the people on the forums may have good ideas/advice/comfort, but they may not be familiar with laws or options.

Heck, go to a police station. There are places that can help, I assure you. You (sorry if this comes off as offensive) seem to have backed yourself into a corner by not applying yourself. 4 days of work + 1 day of school? It sounds like you're waiting for something to happen that, honestly, won't. Go outside, and speak to people who can at least support you for a month. Either quit school, and work more, or quit work, and go to school full time and get financial aid.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You (sorry if this comes off as offensive) seem to have backed yourself into a corner by not applying yourself. 4 days of work + 1 day of school? It sounds like you're waiting for something to happen that, honestly, won't. Go outside, and speak to people who can at least support you for a month. Either quit school, and work more, or quit work, and go to school full time and get financial aid.
    That's normal for an apprenticeship. You basically work for bugger all pay four days a week as an apprentice/trainee and then do one day of classes, at the end you qualify to practice your trade/whatever. Apprentice wages are basically nothing though, but it's just something you have to go through to qualify. I'm assuming the OP is doing something like that from his comment.

I do agree with you about finding a counselor/someone who knows the options though. There has to be some sort of student welfare thing on the campus that can help/advise.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-05-05 at 12:20 PM.

Is there no councillor or something at your college you can go and see to get help with options or suggestions on how to get around this? They may be able to help you find more/better work or help arrange for accomodation for you for a while?

This happened to me once and I had to squat in an office building until I found someone to stay with for a bit. I don't recommend it, but I'd suggest at least looking up the legality of that sort of stuff in your area since it varies wildly by country. If all other options fall through you can at least find shelter for the short term that way.

There is better advice in the thread so hopefully you'll have a better time of it than I did. Consider this the "all other options have failed" contingency plan.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

You (sorry if this comes off as offensive) seem to have backed yourself into a corner by not applying yourself. 4 days of work + 1 day of school? It sounds like you're waiting for something to happen that, honestly, won't. Go outside, and speak to people who can at least support you for a month. Either quit school, and work more, or quit work, and go to school full time and get financial aid.
    This is a load of crap. The OP is doing an apprenticeship - kind of a work-based training qualification that typically lasts 2 years or so and gives a qualification at the end. A lot of the most common apprenticeships are in practical subjects (plumbing, electricians, landscaping, mechanics, building, farming, although you can do them in more office and technical based environments also.) You are usually fairly at the bottom of the pile where you work, and as such actually get worked very hard by your employers, and you have a lot to learn. The one day you do at college each week is making sure you are learning everything you need at work, and for getting your ongoing documentation of your progress going.

Typically an employer pays you a smaller wage, in exchange for basically having to teach you an entire trade from the ground up. Otherwise there would not be much incentive to have you around, asking questions and messing stuff up while you learn, would there ^^

You may or may not have a similar system in america, but it's quite common in the UK. It certainly is not an indicator of laziness, or not working hard to be doing an apprenticeship.

Deleted
    Just an update,

I called the councils emergency hotline for housing, and i have an appointment tomorrow - only bad thing it conflicts with my apprenticeship, but i've sent a text to my boss about this all begging for him to give me the week off.

As for my apprenticeship, i do monday to thurs 9-5 for £100 a week with friday being my day release - but im gaining alot of qualifications for it (Cisco's, C&G, and in my 2nd year a HND)

If i was forced to work full time, it would be back to my last job (checkouts, and that was part-time).

I'll see what happens tomorrow, i need to bring everything documenting myself to them and evidence im being kicked out (He said a letter or a call from my mother would do) And the police refused to help me, they only offered to give me a number of the council - as they put it, it's not there job.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    This is a load of crap. The OP is doing an apprenticeship - kind of a work-based training qualification that typically lasts 2 years or so and gives a qualification at the end. A lot of the most common apprenticeships are in practical subjects (plumbing, electricians, landscaping, mechanics, building, farming, although you can do them in more office and technical based environments also.) You are usually fairly at the bottom of the pile where you work, and as such actually get worked very hard by your employers, and you have a lot to learn. The one day you do at college each week is making sure you are learning everything you need at work, and for getting your ongoing documentation of your progress going.

Typically an employer pays you a smaller wage, in exchange for basically having to teach you an entire trade from the ground up. Otherwise there would not be much incentive to have you around, asking questions and messing stuff up while you learn, would there ^^

You may or may not have a similar system in america, but it's quite common in the UK. It certainly is not an indicator of laziness, or not working hard to be doing an apprenticeship.
    For me, the apprenticeship was a god-send - it paid me little, but i loved it. From what i see, and what my boss told us during his holiday in america - it's pretty rare to find them outside of mechanical trades in the US hence the attitude towards it.

I'm practically gaining a Uni schooling almost... Or well, one that would let me attend uni.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, going to your local council is the thing to do here. If you're legally homeless they have to give you assistance in some form. Usually finding you accommodation - even if it means they need to pay for you to be in a B&B short term (which is more expensive for them). Since you're not a full time student, you'd probably qualify for other things too - Housing Benefit (if you're later paying rent somewhere), Working Tax Credit, and so on. If you do end up claiming Housing Benefit and it's not enough to cover all of your rent/deposit, ask to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment as well. It's like a temporary addition to your Housing Benefit to make up the difference.

Is the person you're talking to tomorrow a Welfare Rights Officer or similar? If not, or if the person you talk to is no help, ask to speak to one of them. They're basically council employees who are there to help you work out what assistance you're entitled to. At any of the meetings you have, bring everything you can think of - identification, proof of all your income/savings, any evidence of your situation (of being made homeless) and so on. If you don't have all the stuff they need they'll only ask you to come back with the rest of it, which will delay your application in the mean time.

No - I haven't been in this situation myself. I just do computer work for the departments that deal with it all. Hope that helps though!