Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Warcraft IV. what would you like to see?

this is not a post about when the game will be coming out. but about things Warcraft players want to see in Warcraft IV.

I have to say, even after all these years. Warcraft still has it's charm, I guess thats the magic of well-polished and worked-on games. In Warcraft you dont feel any unit being out-of-place or overpowered. Warcraft 1 is the game that got me hooked on RTS games, and it's only natural to hope for a new Warcraft. :P

One of the downsides of Warcraft 3, was perhaps the absence of naval warfare and the third resource (Oil). while it did remove the complexity of navy management it did removed alot of multiplayer fun from the game.

but Warcraft 3 also added alot of new things which made it pretty unique. the hero system was executed perfectly, the micro management, the neutral buildings and creeps.

-----------------------------------------------

ok now so here is the topic : once Starcraft is over. would you like to see another Warcraft RTS? what would you like to see in it? better story? new races? more focus on heroes?

+ I do hope that they bring naval warfare back.

+ and atleast allow one race to build walls.

+ with Night Elves housing Worgen in Darnassus and aiding Draenei from Exodar I think the Night Elf faction should be changed to include units from these factions aswell.

+Blood Elves should re-join the Alliance (and therefore be part of Human faction) or be an independant race. with the Sunwell healed and Sylvanas becoming more hostile towards the living they dont really have any serious reasons to still be with Horde.

+ Orcs should get Goblin and Ogre units back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Space marines. Aka warcraft 40 thousand years later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei, lots of draenei!
    Actually, all the races should have their own faction. Ofc its still alliance vs horde, but still draenei should need their own buildings and stuff instead of a draenei here and there in a night elf base.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Three factions for easier balancing:
    Alliance, Horde, and burning legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Alliance, Horde, Burning Legion, And something new.
    But most importantly burning legion. I want to play as a burning legion guy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    night elves freed from the alliance and returned to glory!

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde&Alliance&Pandas
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Blizzard recently stated starcraft will have a TV channel within 5 years, they have very long plans to stick to SC as their RTS game, unfortunatly I think as RTS (since its not profitable as MMOs) they will just keep it SC forever or a very long time...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Draenei, lots of draenei!
    Actually, all the races should have their own faction. Ofc its still alliance vs horde, but still draenei should need their own buildings and stuff instead of a draenei here and there in a night elf base.
    Yes, but in Warcraft 3 we also had Dwarves and Elves in Human faction. I'd love to see a "whole Draenei faction" but are they strong enough to stand out alone? seeing as Warcraft 3 factions were mostly "alliances between several races."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WC3's Horde was Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls. Seems like a nice composition

A third faction with a mix of new races that are totally new to our eyes. Like Demons, Alien, Human Spiders? etc.

I want faster paced game than WC3 and I want real macro aspect. Well, I am basically asking for Starcraft lol. Naval battle would be fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, every race is so diverse now, to have it be under "Orcs, Humans, Nelves, and Undead" doesn't work anymore.

Every race is diverse as hell if you actually read the lore, therefore they can all be seperate races, I'd LOVE that.

Basically, I'd love a SC2 engine (upgraded and modified) + Naval Warfare maybe? With almost every race playable in WoW + Decent story same quality as WC3, or atleast SC2.
    Howay the lads!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't believe that Blizzard is capable of doing better than they've already done. They've had their prime with the old franchises, it's about time they try something new so they don't have themselves to live up to, because they can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Blizzard recently stated starcraft will have a TV channel within 5 years, they have very long plans to stick to SC as their RTS game, unfortunatly I think as RTS (since its not profitable as MMOs) they will just keep it SC forever or a very long time...

People played SC1 until --well, they still play it today.

:/
    Howay the lads!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieMagpie View Post
    Thing is, every race is so diverse now, to have it be under "Orcs, Humans, Nelves, and Undead" doesn't work anymore.

Every race is diverse as hell if you actually read the lore, therefore they can all be seperate races, I'd LOVE that.

Basically, I'd love a SC2 engine (upgraded and modified) + Naval Warfare maybe? With almost every race playable in WoW + Decent story same quality as WC3, or atleast SC2.
    True, but there are a few "world powers" in Warcraft Lore. Gnomes and Goblins for example are not strong enough to be an "independant race".

I'd love to see sub-factions as a choice in Warcraft IV, each sub-faction will focus on one race in the said faction so that they bring unique units to the faction and replace some main units with weaker/stronger counter-parts.

The Human faction will be called "Eastern Alliance" and players will be given 3 sub factions to choose from : either Dwarves/Gnomes (tanks and airplanes, Gryphons), Elves (focuses on magic and mana instead of brute force) or Humans (Knights!)

same goes for Horde and Night Elves. this is generally the Idea first introduced by C&C:Generals ZH.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-05-04 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    I want 6 separate factions:
    1. The Alliance (consisting of human, dwarf, gnome, high elf troops).
    2. The Sentinels (consisting of night elf, worgen and draenei, ancient troops).
    3. The Horde (consisting of orcs, trolls, tauren, ogre troops).
    4. The Forsaken (consisting of undead, blood elf, val'kir abominations, banshees, etc troops, you know what I mean).
    5. The Naga (naga, murlocs, faceless ones, quid creatures).
    6. The Burning Legion (erredar, nathrezim, dreadlords, shivan/felguards).
    Pandaren, if they appear, are neutral. So are goblins.

The Alliance and the Sentinels are allied. The Horde and the Forsaken are allied. The Naga and the Burning Legion are allied. But in each alliance, the two smaller factions act for their own good first and foremost, sometimes even letting the other faction they are allied with's troops die if needed. A good example is a forsaken commander seeing orcs dieing, but knowing that if he aids them the legion will kill a large part of the forsaken troops too, so leaving with his troops and leaving the hordies to die. Or a sentinel leader shooing Alliance troops out of their lands because they don't want them there even if at the edge there's naga awaiting.

I also want to see one campaign for each faction, so 6 campaigns in total. They can release them 2 by 2, thus giving the game 2 expansions. Each campaign should have 11-15 missions. So the game/expansions should have 22-30 missions, because they have 2 campaigns.
    I also want to see something similar to Kerrigan's tree for abilities for the heroes we control. 3 major heroes per faction, one from each important race. The first mission is with all 3, then you chose one, and that's your flagship for the campaign, rest do something else.
    Shandris should be the night elf hero.

I also want some naval warfare.

And a great story.

Alot of people think the last wow expansion will wrap up the burning legion story, but I'd rather see it in Warcraft 4. I mean its going to be a war - a war unrivaled in the history of Azeroth - or probably any other world. Experiencing it through 1 persons perspective just wouldn't be right.

I wanna see the dark portal come into play again - its always been central to the mythos of the warcraft universe, but lately it feels forgotten and stagnant, its just some door between Azeroth and Draenor. I would like to see the legion descend on Draenor- not just a small force - the entirety of the burning legions forces. Then pour forth into Azeroth through the portal like a torrent. Have the southern lands of the eastern kingdoms devastated - bar the war spread far and wide. The eastern kingdoms hit the worst though, right up to Stormwind. I wanna see the nation of Stormwind hit hard and come to the brink of destruction. To the point where it nearly destroys the alliance.

Then I want to see the horde - and all other beings of creation rally in and join the alliance in pushing them back the darkness. Small at first - save Stormwind. Set a line and hold it. Then together they strategically attack into outland and into the twisting nether itself. Invade the Citadel of his most powerful lieutenants in the process with the hopes of ending the war once and for all. Upon arriving they realize why the burning legion has finally been able to gather its forces for the final push - the Nethrizem have done the impossible, and imprison Aggramar himself, the great titan who has hounded the legion for centuries. In freeing him the mortals learn of Sarges latest seat of power in the universe - of which he is in the process of destroying by absorbing its energy to restore his physical form. Argus.

We invade Argus using the gateway hub of the Nethrizem citadel. The prize? Steal the fragment Gorribal from the very throne of Sargares himself! Because only the restored Gorshalach has the power to finally end Sargares's threat for good. With Aggramar's and other titans help, reach Sargares and begin the final battle. The titans restore Gorshalach to its rightful glory with our help destory him. The titans, at last humbled by their own creations offer the mortals a choice. They offer to use Gorshalach's power to sever Argus, Draenor and Azeroth from each other permanently and return the mortals to their rightful worlds/lives - ending their threat to each other forever. The mortals decline, realizing their destiny alone would have ended in their annihilation. Instead they ask only that the fragments of Draenor be sever from the Twisted nether, perhaps allowing the fragments of Draenor to reform in the future.

Above all else I wanna see massive scale. Nations fall, whole worlds ravaged. I wanna see chaos rain down and the entirety of existence stand together against the dark and once and for all say unto the shadow; WE WILL NOT FALL.

Features:

Races; Alliance, Horde, Titan, Legion. During the story you would play as all the main sub races though independently at times.
    Randomized race units - aka - I make a druid - might be a druid of any the available "druid" races of WOW.
    Obscene map sizes.
    4 Campaings, Legion attacking outland/zeroth. Alliance defends Azeroth. Horde joins and pushs back /attacks outland/twisting nether. Titan; final push into argus with help of allaince/horde.
    Heros; Actually living and dead heros from lore restored to life/empowered by the titans.
    Last edited by teddytous; 2013-05-04 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    didn't care for any of the RTS games Blizzard has made previously do not care or want to see any new ones.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd make a Goblin/Ogre/Forest Troll faction. Hero units Tinker and Alchemist and Ogre Lord and some sort of Forest Troll for example. Have Goblin sappers and shredders as well as ogre magi and maulers, forest troll priests eg