I'd love to see a Warcraft RPG like Dragon Age/Skyrim.
cool campaign based on story/lore like it was in WC3, however id rather skip Pandas campaign
AI pathfinding like in SC2 (cause in WC3 it was bullshit)
their RTS team finishes its work in like 1.5year so maybe theyll get into WC4
Last edited by Milerks; 2013-07-27 at 08:00 PM.
Perhaps they could make a WC4 as an "alternate" universe/timeline to the current, would be kinda nice to play the RTS again.
I actually think there's almost no possibility that Blizzard will make another RTs after LotV let alone WC4. RTS games are just not as profitable anymore. It playerbase is small and its gameplay goes against everything developers should aim for in this modern age. Today, players want accessible game. MOBA games are the form of RTS that answer the need of modern gamers. Look at SC2 for example, it's an incredible game. It is the fastest selling RTS game of all time but its sell pales in comparision to games like CoD,WoW,D3 despite how costly it is to make a great RTS like SC2. Blizzard couldn't even sell skins in SC2 because it will cause a problem in gameplay. Gamers these day don't appreciate RTS game. It's quite sad really.
Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-07-27 at 08:26 PM.
- All playables races from WoW having their own campaign give each race a proper storyline.
- A non-liniair campaign system. Use your own path by choosing quests on a world map and execute them in the scenario map.
- Heartstone cardgame integration (hero cards to implement special hero units for example)
- Blizzard All-Stars integration for Warcraft
- Return of both Burning Legion and the Scourge. Maybe in seperate expansion sets.
- Able to create large armies with like 500+ units.
- iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Tab side-application to manage your armies, teams and stats etc...
- Addon support, but without access to damage numbers and such (that ruined WoW, i dont want it to ruin WC4).
- Talent tree system. See Age of Empires 3 Deck/Home city system for example.
- Super sized gigantic maps.
- Return of the awesome map editor.
For multiplayer specific:
- (Team) Skirmish gamemode
- (Team) Deathmatch gamemode
- Raid gamemode (up to four players work together or against each other trying to defeat a big enemy army and base).
- Ladder system like starcraft 2
So you have like...12 races AND 12 Campaigns? If you have to create 12 Campaign of decent length and story, you need to a buttload of time.
To me, it seems more you want WoW as Strategy game, but certainly not a Real Time Strategy game.
Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-07-27 at 08:43 PM.
Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.
Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.
For it to happen which is exceedingly unlikely at this point.
OT; I hope its planned after many years after WoW with more interesting story and a new faction as others mentioned the burning legion.
I think it'd be good to not focus on Azeroth at all and establish another world; we've not got too many places left on Azeroth to explore and the universe could do with some big expansion.
To link it to the previous games, it could flesh out what Turalyon and Co. got up to while we were fighting Archimonde in WCIII or maybe skip ahead to around the time we took down Illidan. They could use the game to flesh out another world like Xoroth or somewhere completely new, introducing allied and enemy races, new heroes and villains (and maybe developing existing ones), filling the gap and setting the stage for our arrival in a future expansion. If they used the Legion as a villain, the game could help explain the history of some of the demons and detail the current state of affairs in BL leadership - how happy Kil'jaeden is about the idea of stepping down and returning absolute power to Sargeras after ruling in his stead for so long.
I don't think warcraft 4 will have anything to do with WOW it will probably start out were it ended with arthas putting on the helm
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." -Paul Krugman
I'd want nothing more than a Reign of Chaos / Frozen Throne style game with updated graphics and a new story/campaigns. Blizzard got it right with Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, and I see no need to fuck with the formula too much. Don't fix what's not broken.