Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I actually think there's almost no possibility that Blizzard will make another RTs after LotV let alone WC4. RTS games are just not as profitable anymore. It playerbase is small and its gameplay goes against everything developers should aim for in this modern age. Today, players want accessible game. MOBA games are the form of RTS that answer the need of modern gamers. Look at SC2 for example, it's an incredible game. It is the fastest selling RTS game of all time but its sell pales in comparision to games like CoD,WoW,D3 despite how costly it is to make a great RTS like SC2. Blizzard couldn't even sell skins in SC2 because it will cause a problem in gameplay. Gamers these day don't appreciate RTS game. It's quite sad really.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-07-27 at 08:26 PM.

I want:

- All playables races from WoW having their own campaign give each race a proper storyline.
    - A non-liniair campaign system. Use your own path by choosing quests on a world map and execute them in the scenario map.
    - Heartstone cardgame integration (hero cards to implement special hero units for example)
    - Blizzard All-Stars integration for Warcraft
    - Return of both Burning Legion and the Scourge. Maybe in seperate expansion sets.
    - Able to create large armies with like 500+ units.
    - iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Tab side-application to manage your armies, teams and stats etc...
    - Addon support, but without access to damage numbers and such (that ruined WoW, i dont want it to ruin WC4).
    - Talent tree system. See Age of Empires 3 Deck/Home city system for example.
    - Super sized gigantic maps.
    - Return of the awesome map editor.

For multiplayer specific:
    - (Team) Skirmish gamemode
    - (Team) Deathmatch gamemode
    - Raid gamemode (up to four players work together or against each other trying to defeat a big enemy army and base).
    - Ladder system like starcraft 2
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-07-27 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    - All playables races from WoW having their own campaign give each race a proper storyline.

So you have like...12 races AND 12 Campaigns? If you have to create 12 Campaign of decent length and story, you need to a buttload of time.

- A non-liniair campaign system. Use your own path by choosing quests on a world map and execute them in the scenario map.
    Combined with the idea above, you could expect a Warcraft 4 in like 2025 if Blizzard would start now.
    - Able to create large armies with like 300 to 500 units.
    Warcraft 3 was very popular because you had to micro many units during battle, having such huge numbers is just plainout boring for a RTS game because you just let your armies clash and hope that you got the better one.

- Addon support, but without access to damage numbers and such (that ruined WoW, i dont want it to ruin WC4).
    How should a Damagemeter addon work in a RTS game? Telling you which unit dealt the most damage?

- Super sized gigantic maps.
    So that i have to search my enemy for 30 minutes?

To me, it seems more you want WoW as Strategy game, but certainly not a Real Time Strategy game.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-07-27 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    For it to happen which is exceedingly unlikely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

How should a Damagemeter addon work in a RTS game? Telling you which unit dealt the most damage?
    Actually after every match you could see who did more damage, whose hero did more damage, killed more units etc. So I think Zeror didn't play Wc3.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Blizzard recently stated starcraft will have a TV channel within 5 years, they have very long plans to stick to SC as their RTS game, unfortunatly I think as RTS (since its not profitable as MMOs) they will just keep it SC forever or a very long time...
    Err not really. I do remember in an interview back in 2011 or so? When they were saying that after legacy of the void they might move on to other RTS projects and consider planning WC4.

OT; I hope its planned after many years after WoW with more interesting story and a new faction as others mentioned the burning legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be good to not focus on Azeroth at all and establish another world; we've not got too many places left on Azeroth to explore and the universe could do with some big expansion.
    To link it to the previous games, it could flesh out what Turalyon and Co. got up to while we were fighting Archimonde in WCIII or maybe skip ahead to around the time we took down Illidan. They could use the game to flesh out another world like Xoroth or somewhere completely new, introducing allied and enemy races, new heroes and villains (and maybe developing existing ones), filling the gap and setting the stage for our arrival in a future expansion. If they used the Legion as a villain, the game could help explain the history of some of the demons and detail the current state of affairs in BL leadership - how happy Kil'jaeden is about the idea of stepping down and returning absolute power to Sargeras after ruling in his stead for so long.

I don't think warcraft 4 will have anything to do with WOW it will probably start out were it ended with arthas putting on the helm

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Blizzard recently stated starcraft will have a TV channel within 5 years, they have very long plans to stick to SC as their RTS game, unfortunatly I think as RTS (since its not profitable as MMOs) they will just keep it SC forever or a very long time...
    I am betting they will be going for 10 year cycles. new SC/WC game out every 10 years, all the expansions of the game out within 5-6 years, reap the Esport monetary benifits while slowly building up for the next kickass franchise release.

what do i want to see in warcraft IV?
    WHAT DO I WANT TO SEE?
    WARCRAFT IV.
    I would sacrifice my unborn child and my mother to own warcraft IV. IM tired of WoW. Warcraft IV. POLISE

I'd want nothing more than a Reign of Chaos / Frozen Throne style game with updated graphics and a new story/campaigns. Blizzard got it right with Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, and I see no need to fuck with the formula too much. Don't fix what's not broken.