10+ Year Old Account

10 HC Tortos - Sluggish Turtles

Hey MMO,

So quick question to make sure I haven't lost my mind, or raid leading hasn't driven me mad. Has anyone noticed on HC Tortos occasionally the kicked turtles (Kicked by me) flying at the boss at a slowed rate? I know that dbuffs/dots fall off of the 'lil guys when they get to 2% health and pop into their shell. So I'm wondering, does our hunters trap still slow them, or is chillbains for howling blast still being applied? I truely believe I am not just kicking the turtles late for breath considering I have been kicking those bastards since week 1.

Just seeing if anyone else had noticed what I was noticing.

Thanks!

~Royals

Deleted
    It's not just on HC, it happens on normal as well.

It's quite rare, but when it happens it can really mess things up. I cannot tell you what is causing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    It's not just on HC, it happens on normal as well.

It's quite rare, but when it happens it can really mess things up. I cannot tell you what is causing it.
    Good to know I'm not crazy Thanks for the quick reply.

Blizz said they hotfixed this awhile ago. It's much rarer after the hotfix, but it does still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Blizz said they hotfixed this awhile ago. It's much rarer after the hotfix, but it does still happen.
    Hunter traps still slow them. I think they only removed snare debuffs from them.

its hunter trap's. We nearly wiped at 2% on farm content a week back to 2 ticks of breath due to a turtle taking like 4 seconds to get to the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    its hunter trap's. We nearly wiped at 2% on farm content a week back to 2 ticks of breath due to a turtle taking like 4 seconds to get to the boss.
    I swear those hunters cause more trouble than their Misdirect is worth Thanks again for the quick replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Hunter traps still slow them. I think they only removed snare debuffs from them.
    It's not hunter traps. It happened all the time before we even had a hunter in the group. Now we have a hunter, but he does not use traps (SV; rooting bats can be very bad), and it still happens occasionally.

Hunter traps may slow the kicks, but something else does too. It's really annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost mages do it, because I remember doing it myself. Frostfire Bolt slow lingers after they go inactive. This counts for firemages with the FFB glyph too naturally

try kicking them earlier. no reason to wait for the breath. the max he delays breath from the bigwigs or DBM timers is 1s. if a turtle flies through him, it will still interrupt him if it's touch the body of the boss at any point, also at his butt. you can pretty much just kick when the timer to next breath has 0.5s left and it will always interrupt the following breath.

Deleted
    We've just assumed it's because the turtles have a certain base movespeed, and if they're fresh kills they've still got debuffs like faerie swarm, frostbolt etc. slowing them down from that point. I could be wrong, especially since we had that this week and an april 16 hotfix claimed they "Fixed an issue where certain situations could cause Whirl Turtles to travel more slowly than intended when kicked.", but we came to that conclusion because it pretty much only happened with fresh kills. We do normal mode btw, but if this is the cause there's no reason why it wouldn't be the same on heroic.

Our way to counteract it is to just kick it a little bit earlier (like 1-2 seconds depending on distance) in relation to the DBM timer than usual if the turtle was recently killed. Since their AoE is so massive (or for that matter, since the BOSS is so massive), it doesn't really matter if the turtle has gone halfway through Tortos by the time he casts breath. It'll still get interrupted. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2013-05-05 at 07:44 AM.