Deleted

Shadowmourne Solo

I was wondering how much of the questline is soloable as a prot/fury/arms warrior, I know some of the infusion quests are impossible without a partner but how far can I go solo? Thanks!!

I can't remember everything from the questline but I think most of it is soloable. I believe the blood queens infusion part will take a group due to how many people need to become vampires and bite.

Everything except for blood Infusion can be soloable.

Give or take for gear levels, Blood Infusion will take a minimum of maybe 6 people. 8 to be sure.

If you are one tanking it, be wary this fight is still hard coded for 2 tanks. To be receive the bite you must be number 3 on the aggro table.
    The raid group hangs out back at the steps, and does absolutely nothing, no DPS, no heals, and if they have a pet, put them on fucking passive.
    The main tank runs in first with you (the person doing the quest) close behind. You need to get debuffed with the blood mirror debuff.
    The off tank, or rather the person acting as one, as they are only there to place hold aggro runs in and gets on the aggro table above the person doing the quest.
    As the person on the quest is now third on aggro, they will be bite first.
    Once she has bit you, you will then proceed to bite 3 other members of the raid group.

First bite goes out (1) (You have the buff)
    You bite someone else (2) (you and the person you bit))
    Both of you bite someone (4) (you have the buff, so does the person you bit earlier, and now the two people you each bit also have the buff)
    All four of you bite someone (8) (the 4 people from above bite 4 more people)

If you do not have the boss dead by the time the 8th person bit needs to bite again you will need 16 people in the raid to avoid turning into vampires.

However depending on gear levels, it is possible to get your third bite out since the bites are based on a timer, before other people will turn into vampires from having not gotten their bites out and kill the boss before they change and proceed to kill the raid. But I would recommend 8 people to be safe.

You cannot bite someone who has already been bit. You must bite someone new each time.
    If you do not bite someone before the debuff wears off you get turned into a vampire and the raid has to kill you.
    So it is very important that no one, especially the person on the quest fails to bite someone.
    To complete the quest you must bite 3 people then be alive when the boss dies. If you get all 3 of your bites out, then die, for whatever reason before the boss is killed, you fail the quest. Being battle ressed is glitchy, and some times it wont register you as being alive for the kill. Better to just not die on this fight.

SIndragosa is just stand in front of her and eat 4 frost breaths.

Hmm now that I think about it, Professor might not be soloable. Not really sure how that fight works solo.

Essentially you need to be in the abomination and continue to eat slime until you reach 100 slime power. At this point you hit the extra button on your vehicle bar that only appears if you're on the quest. (it's number 6), then you have 6 minutes to kill the boss to complete the quest.

It is 6 minutes from the time you press the button, and it can be over ridden or if you like extended, by pressing the button again once you reach 100 slime power. So you just repeat collecting 100 slime power, hitting your quest button, until phase 3 (when the abom dies) and then kill the boss, hopefully withing 6 minutes. I dont recall if tracking the quest displays the timer for this, but if you get to 100 right before the abom dies, you should be fine.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-05-04 at 08:26 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Everything except for blood Infusion can be soloable.

Give or take for gear levels, Blood Infusion will take a minimum of maybe 6 people. 8 to be sure.

If you are one tanking it, be wary this fight is still hard coded for 2 tanks. To be receive the bite you must be number 3 on the aggro table.
    The raid group hangs out back at the steps, and does absolutely nothing, no DPS, no heals, and if they have a pet, put them on fucking passive.
    The main tank runs in first with you (the person doing the quest) close behind. You need to get debuffed with the blood mirror debuff.
    The off tank, or rather the person acting as one, as they are only there to place hold aggro runs in and gets on the aggro table above the person doing the quest.
    As the person on the quest is now third on aggro, they will be bite first.
    Once she has bit you, you will then proceed to bite 3 other members of the raid group.

First bite goes out (1) (You have the buff)
    You bite someone else (2) (you and the person you bit))
    Both of you bite someone (4) (you have the buff, so does the person you bit earlier, and now the two people you each bit also have the buff)
    All four of you bite someone (8) (the 4 people from above bite 4 more people)

If you do not have the boss dead by the time the 8th person bit needs to bite again you will need 16 people in the raid to avoid turning into vampires.

However depending on gear levels, it is possible to get your third bite out since the bites are based on a timer, before other people will turn into vampires from having not gotten their bites out and kill the boss before they change and proceed to kill the raid. But I would recommend 8 people to be safe.

You cannot bite someone who has already been bit. You must bite someone new each time.
    If you do not bite someone before the debuff wears off you get turned into a vampire and the raid has to kill you.
    So it is very important that no one, especially the person on the quest fails to bite someone.
    To complete the quest you must bite 3 people then be alive when the boss dies. If you get all 3 of your bites out, then die, for whatever reason before the boss is killed, you fail the quest. Being battle ressed is glitchy, and some times it wont register you as being alive for the kill. Better to just not die on this fight.
    Thanks for this! How will I be able to solo valithria for frost infusion? And will I be able to solo the gunship battle?

Cannot solo Valithria or lootship as a warrior, valithria is impossible since warriors have no heals to use on here, and lootship due to mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Cannot solo Valithria or lootship as a warrior, valithria is impossible since warriors have no heals to use on here, and lootship due to mechanics.
    I think they changed somehting in the way lootship works now. Stuff doesn't despawn when you are alone in the cannons.
    Kill stuff on your ship
    get in cannons kill stuff
    repeat till sorceress shows up
    jump over and kill her
    jump back and repeat from step 1

Dreamwalker is definitely imposible as a warrior, as unlike a dk we can't mind control the adds in the previous hallway and have them heal the dragon. Cheating bloody Dks!
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    I think they changed somehting in the way lootship works now. Stuff doesn't despawn when you are alone in the cannons.
    Kill stuff on your ship
    jump over and kill her

Dreamwalker is definitely imposible as a warrior, as unlike a dk we can't mind control the adds in the previous hallway and have them heal the dragon. Cheating bloody Dks!
    I have engineering on my warrior, could it be possible with the engineering MC tinker?

Quote Originally Posted by shaizer View Post
    I have engineering on my warrior, could it be possible with the engineering MC tinker?
    Doesn't that only work on low level mechanical mobs? The NPCs become undead when they die and get ressed by the Valkyr.

For the Shadowmourne chain everything but Unholy Infusion and Blood Infusion can be soloed. Unholy would only be soloable if the abomination isn't destroyed before you can get all the goo you need and cast the infusion. Blood Infusion can be done with 3 people total (the warrior and two people who can battle rez) but the warrior must get the first bite. Blood Mirror is more a proximity mechanic than a threat one in that to get it you just move next to the first person with Blood Mirror then move away after getting the Shadowmourne related debuff.

As for which bosses are soloable:

25 Normal = Everything but Dreamwalker due to being unable to heal her. Blood Queen is a fairly high gear check to kill her before you become Mind Controlled. Loot Ship is difficult due to limited time in the cannon and lacking decent ranged abilities for on the move add killing.

25 Heroic = In addition to the bosses previously mentioned, Marrowgar can not be soloed unless you are a Worgen, Goblin or Panderan (there have been reports that using the Skymirror on one of these races works but never confirmed it personally). LDW becomes more annoying due to more frequent Curse of Topor. LK heroic will probably require full BiS tier 15, Impending Victory/Enraged Regen and a high enough RPS to keep Shield Barrier up for Infest (Phase 2 has to be a nightmare though).

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 03:29 PM ----------

Kill stuff on your ship
    jump over and kill her

Can't full heal Dreamwalker with that Captain as he'll OoM before 70% or so. Have to use high Stamina gear, weak item level 1 handers and spamming heartstrike to make Bloodworms explode.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-05-05 at 03:31 PM.

its best to get a group and do 25 man when you get to the shards for the 50-100% chance to drop instead of 25-50%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxariz View Post
    its best to get a group and do 25 man when you get to the shards for the 50-100% chance to drop instead of 25-50%
    Shards only drop in 25m, unless you meant heroic.

DK can do it with only a warlock mate.
    I guess warriors can do it with two mates.

You got bitten.
    You bite mate 1. Mate 1 kills itself (staying in the aoe or sacrificial dagger or whatever). Mate 1 is brez.
    You bite mate 2. Mate 2 kills itself. Mate 2 is brez.
    You bite mate 1 (or 2).
    You kill the boss.

(As DK+warlock, the warlock put his soulstone on himself, dies, comes back, dies and is brez by the dk.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    As for which bosses are soloable:

25 Normal = Everything but Dreamwalker due to being unable to heal her. Blood Queen is a fairly high gear check to kill her before you become Mind Controlled. Loot Ship is difficult due to limited time in the cannon and lacking decent ranged abilities for on the move add killing.
    Warriors can solo Festergut 25 for the blood?

I've not tried on my Warrior because I got SM back in Wraith, but last week I was trying to do this quest on my DK (only LFR gear as I still main my warrior). I could not kill Festergut solo because I would get 10 stacks and explode. Looking around the interwebs I saw that DKs used to be able to AMS the stacks off, but that got fixed and I don't see how a Warrior could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
    Warriors can solo Festergut 25 for the blood?

I've not tried on my Warrior because I got SM back in Wraith, but last week I was trying to do this quest on my DK (only LFR gear as I still main my warrior). I could not kill Festergut solo because I would get 10 stacks and explode. Looking around the interwebs I saw that DKs used to be able to AMS the stacks off, but that got fixed and I don't see how a Warrior could do it.
    As Fury with around 520+ I believe. I did forget to mention it is one of the harder fights for a warrior. DKs now have trouble with it as well since 5.3 fixed AMS resetting stacks.