Poll: What browser do you use?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use firefox, I switch between firefox and chrome but I had flash problems with chrome so I am back to Gussi firefox
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Comodo Dragon, but it's based on Chrome so... Chrome!

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you mean netscapes still around?

i use firefox by the way.

When Netscape dissolved a good chuck broke off to their open source project called Mozilla.

Mozilla developed Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Diversity equals competition, and competition equals quality.
    When I as a Front-End developer have to spend time coding for IE/Moz/Google(forget mobile); that is time I could have spend on other projects that benefit the company.
    Last edited by usiris; 2013-05-06 at 04:53 AM.

I've been using Firefox with NoScript for years now. Never had any major problems with it. I used to be a big die-hard IE user, but I haven't cared much for it since I switched to Firefox. I thought IE9 was a turd and haven't really used IE10 much yet.

Never did like Chrome. I haven't used Safari or Opera enough to have an opinion on those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome, best one I've used. It's awesomesauce.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be using Chrome, but I've had far too many issues with Flash failing during video playback or browser games, so I switched back to Firefox, and I'm totally happy with it, aside from the memory leak, which is fixed by closing and reopening every once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Google Chrome, but i also have Firefox cause if anything happens with GC i use it, or if i want to do private things i use Firefox...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Firefox. Don't see any reason not to. I've only had bad experiences with Chrome.
    Same for me, and running away from all these websites asking me to install chrome for "a better experience".

Also, as a developer, chrome will become a pai<censored>... too much non standardized things, feels like ie6 in its first days, which now became the worst nightmare of any web developer.

And quite fun to see chrome now using actually more memory / processor than firefox, wouldn't have thought that possible Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    I remember the days when everyone (almost everyone) used internet explorer back in the 90's.
    I remember the days when everyone used Netscape.

I prefer Chrome, because it's cleaner, it's fast, etc. I don't like IE at all because I feel like it's slower and more cluttered and I generally dislike the UI. The same goes for Firefox. I've never used Opera.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I generally use Firefox simply for the fact that if I want to watch some videos with it, I have the most up to date version of flash installed, while Chrome usually has an outdated version that is built in and full of security holes.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Google Chrome, and mainly because of the search bar.

In chrome, I can just write 3 letters for any webpage I want, and press enter, and I will end up there. Now, you may say that both IE and Firefox also have autocomplete - yes, but it is somehow different from chrome. I can't explain exactly what is different, apart from in chrome it works exactly as I want it to, while in Firefox or IE I sometimes end up on the wrong page.

Like I said, I don't know how it's different between the different browser, but it is, and the way Chrome does it just works perfect for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Google Chrome, and mainly because of the search bar.

In chrome, I can just write 3 letters for any webpage I want, and press enter, and I will end up there. Now, you may say that both IE and Firefox also have autocomplete - yes, but it is somehow different from chrome. I can't explain exactly what is different, apart from in chrome it works exactly as I want it to, while in Firefox or IE I sometimes end up on the wrong page.

Like I said, I don't know how it's different between the different browser, but it is, and the way Chrome does it just works perfect for me.
    Yeah, I totally agree. The Google combined search/URL bar just feels better to me than the equivalent in IE or Firefox.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Safari for a long time, then my friend told me that stuff downloads faster in Firefox so I switched. Been on Firefox ever since. No complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used three browsers in about 16 years: Netscape, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Currently using FF until further notice.

Deleted
    Chrome since the day it was released in beta (i think)

But the newest IE, 10?, is pretty fast now using it at school it works well like that
    but i still prefer Chrome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Diversity equals competition, and competition equals quality.
    It's not fun to be a web developer though, when each browser has their own set of problems which you somehow have to make up for.

And no, IE isn't the only browser with problems. That's a major exxageration. Maybe IE 6 was crap when Firefox came out, but comparing IE 9 or 10 to the newest Chrome or Firefox it's not that far apart really. They all have their own problems.

I continue to use IE just to piss off people, well that and I'm simply used to it.