Poll: Is the man a hero or a criminal/terrorist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    A solution?

Move to Germany or France.

I'm aware that PASOK and Nea Dimokratia are both equally incompetent. But you must understand that Greece is partially the way it is because of violent revolution; yet another one won't do it any good.

To be frank, the only fix I can foresee for Greece is an external one. That or another dictatorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

He is a criminal because the only thing that have accomplished is send to death bad a poor carabiniere who do it's job for 1000 euro montly, he lost his wife 2 month ago and have a 20 year old daughter that was forced to leave it's work to remain near her father at the hospital.
    For the rest i really hope one day we will have a eu federal gov like the one in USA i gladly vote for a german/uk or another northern countries prime minister/president, italians are unable to manage a country.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2013-05-05 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have moved out long ago. Not everyone can move out. What do you propose they do?

I firmly believe that politicians world wide need to be fully reminded that they are civil servants. They are meant to serve us. And when they so blatantly fail at their job they should be terrified of us. I wonder how long the members of PASOK can insist they have done nothing but the best for the country if a mass of people catches a prominent member of theirs in the street and lynches him. The only reason that has not happened is immense police protection. But considering how woefully underpaid said police is . . .
    Yeah, and do you know what will happen then? A violent revolution, and then another dictatorship much like the junta.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I wasn't asking for a good solution . . .

Still there is a chance that a junta just calls off all debts and makes all resources public. So when it in turn falls, Greece will be better off.
    The metapolitefsi didn't work the last time, what makes you think it would in the future?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    This Italian man's life had been destroyed by the poor Italian economy and EU debt crisis. Having lost his job, his home and his livelihood, he turned his frustration to the Italian government, which had been led by an unelected EU bureaucrat since 2011. On the same day a new prime minister was set to be sworn in, he made his move to assassinate the corrupt politicians and bureaucrats he believed to be responsible for the destruction of his country. Many in Italy are hailing this man as a hero, what do you think?

Video:

Article: http://news.sky.com/story/1083999/it...at-politicians
    Let me try and rephrase what you wrote:

This Italian man's life had been destroyed by the poor Italian economy, brought on by the corrupt predecessor that used to run the country. Having lost his job, his home and his livelihood, he turned his frustration against the Italian government, which have been led by an Italian Technocrat, chosen by the Italian President in 2011. This attack against officials of states were carried out on the same day the new prime minister, Enrico Letta, was set to be sworn in. He made his move to assassinate the politicians and bureaucrats who have been working hard to solve the problems Italy had been facing due to past leaderships fault. (Last part not added due to strawman.)

See, that looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Criminal with good intent. How is their country being lead by an unelected bureaucrat fair?

I'm fairly certain a man in power that wasn't elected, that's running the country into the ground, is an oppressive dictator that needs to be rousted from his position.

Still, I have little context on this situation, such as how bad it is in Italy and how much of that is the bureaucrat's fault.
    Again, people should really try and educate themselves, Mario Monti, the man who was in power as Prime Minister, was chosen by the Italian president to form a temporary technocratic government, so they could solve the problems of the PREVIOUS prime minister who had run the country into the ground (Silvio Berlusconi) After election was held they took some time to form a new coalition government and in that time Mario Monti continued to run to country, as intended and lawful as it is.
    Last edited by mmocd6697ae64a; 2013-05-05 at 11:37 AM. Reason: added Powerogue quote.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    many in Italy hailing him as a hero? i live in a different country then because that guy's a criminal for everyone around here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    People over the world are respecting this man, for whatever reason. Here's a few quotes from people on another forum I go to:

Brazilian:

Italian:

Spaniard:

Pakistani:

Here's the topic on the other forum: http://www.interpals.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=82690
    Okay, so... if I can find ten or so people on the internet, who support... let's say... kicking puppies, can I also write "People all over the world are in favor of kicking puppies!"?

Although, I do agree on one thing with these people, He is only a terrorist if his goal was to change the current established order of things, if... however this was something he did to commit suicide, then I can think of much easier ways that wouldn't involve the death of a random police officer.

So, if I think that our politicians are corrupt, I should murder them and be called a hero? What the fudge.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys elected Silvio Berlusconi as a good guy and a primeminister then wonder why your country is in the shitter and you have to have a manual override put in place by the EU to stop you destroying the EU economy?

Is this for real? Like seriously? Were the schools closed in the budget cuts or something?

Either way, the man attempted murder. That's a crime, therefore he is a criminal by definition. Do some people view criminals as heroes? Yes they do but that doesn't mean they aren't a criminal. A good number of people thought that Osama Bin Laden was a hero for what he stood for but he was still a criminal... same with Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Josip Broz Tito, Mao Zedong. Yeah, pretty alarming list but it drives the point home... You can be revered by many but that doesn't suddenly make you unable to be a criminal just because you have people on your side -.- Same goes with the average man rather than a leader.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-05-05 at 11:53 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.