Thread: Skype.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skype.

Yes, I hate skype and hotmail merging, not only because I got no webcams, cannot make phone calls over internet (I blocked that one, if I got called back in ye olde day I dc'ed) and skype as a program lagged down my pc. (Some tech savvy uncle never figured out the problem, lets just say he should know a thing about two about those stuff, and no cba'ing to actually fix it if possible, I dislike being spammed in Skype by my family. Facebook all over again)

But now with hotmail becoming skype basically I forgot my already forgotten password even harder, which represents a problem, got the a rather easy qeustion for myself but it fails to get it correctly, I cannot send emails to get it back via other ways, and the whole asking for details to check if im actually the owner strikes both as odd and bad for me, always learned: never give details via webforms, phone calls etc etc if possible. (including old passwords I used, the hell should I know? I don't keep a bloody log of old and used passwords) So anyone knows a way to solve this problem otherwise?

(Yes this was a hidden rage vent too)

I had no idea that anyone hated Skype or used Hotmail. Thanks, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised that anyone still used Hotmail Massager, must be a hippie.

Oh yeah they merged or something like that. I use skype but... who the hell still uses messenger?

10+ Year Old Account
    I used messenger until they made it unavailable. I'm no hippie or hipster but it did everything I needed to do. RIP Messenger

I didn't use messenger for messages, merely because it was convenient to tell me when I had email without having to go to the hotmail site, think the last time I sent a message on it was some time in 2009!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i miss about messenger is my friend being hacked by a spambot and asking me to come to florida to have vigorous sex with him despite the fact he is from the uk and my custom smilies

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    the only thing i miss about messenger is my friend being hacked by a spambot and asking me to come to florida to have vigorous sex with him despite the fact he is from the uk and my custom smilies
    Maybe he was in Florida at the time, and he was just..."hacked"...

I switched to gmail a longg time ago, I don't know anyone who still uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    I used messenger until they made it unavailable. I'm no hippie or hipster but it did everything I needed to do. RIP Messenger
    Use Pidgin, it still works.

you can still log in to your hotmail account on skype with the same address and password.. theres an option to log in that way.

I have used the same hotmail account for... about 17 years.

It's not broke so why change it?

Not used messenger in years though. I wasn't really aware about the whole skype / messenger thing, but they have changed the look of my email page recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Maybe he was in Florida at the time, and he was just..."hacked"...
    to be honest i was tempted

he had a really great rack and he knew just the right things to say to me

the only thing i hate skype for, and msn messenger going away.... is not having an email notification for my hotmail anymore qq

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    the only thing i hate skype for, and msn messenger going away.... is not having an email notification for my hotmail anymore qq
    Are you a mind reader? If so, get out of my head!

That desktop notification feature was the only thing I used the messenger for... I really liked that my random email had a different notification than my important stuff.

I thought Hotmail was dissolved and turned into Outlook.com?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I still used Messenger, but then again I've never signed up for Facebook.

Messenger still works if you use Pidgin, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I had no idea that anyone hated Skype or used Hotmail. Thanks, I guess.

Been using the same hotmail email since 1998, doesn't bother me that they are merging with skype though. Kinda sad that msn messager doesn't even exist anymore but other than that i havent noticed a difference at all with my email. Besides that it now resides on outlook.com

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    I thought Hotmail was dissolved and turned into Outlook.com?
    Which is what we're complaining about.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Been using the same hotmail email since 1998, doesn't bother me that they are merging with skype though. Kinda sad that msn messager doesn't even exist anymore but other than that i havent noticed a difference at all with my email. Besides that it now resides on outlook.com
    Step 1: Download Pidgin.
    Step 2: Input your Hotmail account information.
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Have cyber sex.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only annoying part is that thy won't STOP EMAILING ME ABOUT IT.

For the love of christ I already have Skype and my Hotmail is only my school email, not used for messenger.

They need an opt out on the emails for the love of god. Other than that IDGAF.