Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Not to mention that awkward 1min 30s cd, unlike Dragon Roar which lines up so beautifully with Bloodbath. They could always give Bladestorm the Blade Flurry treatment and just make it's damage split over all targets in range, making it a good single target and aoe choice. Maybe raise the cd to 2minutes too and buff the damage, so it doesn't constantly desync with Bloodbath.
    Unless they've changed it recently, DR does not proc Bloodbath. That was a specific decision of Blizz's since DR hits incredibly hard and always crits/ignores armor.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Unless they've changed it recently, DR does not proc Bloodbath.
    It did always proc bloodbath.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Unless they've changed it recently, DR does not proc Bloodbath. That was a specific decision of Blizz's since DR hits incredibly hard and always crits/ignores armor.
    DR has always procced Bloodbath. Not sure what you're on about, this is really easy to test yourself.

  4. #44
    I'm not 'on' about anything. GC was actually asked about this on Twitter I believe, someone asked if it was a bug that Dragon Roar didn't proc Bloodbath, or intentional, and he replied that it was intentional, citing the 'always crits/ignores armor' as the reason.

    Maybe its a decision they quickly undid/backed off of, but the Lead Systems designer of the game said it didn't and gave reasons for it. So, I assumed it didn't. :P

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm not 'on' about anything. GC was actually asked about this on Twitter I believe, someone asked if it was a bug that Dragon Roar didn't proc Bloodbath, or intentional, and he replied that it was intentional, citing the 'always crits/ignores armor' as the reason.

    Maybe its a decision they quickly undid/backed off of, but the Lead Systems designer of the game said it didn't and gave reasons for it. So, I assumed it didn't. :P
    I think that was in beta, it has always been proccing bloodbath live.

  6. #46
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    If you are using BS for single target...you're doing it wrong UNLESS it's being used for AoE at some point in the fight. Might be just how I read it hehe :P
    Not really, just for starting burst for the lols. AoE for the later gates of course.

    Though I've noticed that it's always just dps up to hit it even on single target, what shouldn't be right (well, according to sims at least). However a long cooldown should still make it always a "bad choice" when you can always take big hitting dragon roar obviously.

    Though hell I always do more dps with stormbolt on Arms and simcraft still sims bloodbath to be like +3k more dps, so I guess nothing is ever 100% accurate for sims. =P

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Not really, just for starting burst for the lols. AoE for the later gates of course.

    Though I've noticed that it's always just dps up to hit it even on single target, what shouldn't be right (well, according to sims at least). However a long cooldown should still make it always a "bad choice" when you can always take big hitting dragon roar obviously.

    Though hell I always do more dps with stormbolt on Arms and simcraft still sims bloodbath to be like +3k more dps, so I guess nothing is ever 100% accurate for sims. =P
    It most likely means you aren't using bloodbath right, or it's a scaling issue, or you just had good luck with crit storm bolts; it's possible that simcraft is wrong, but much more likely something on your end isn't right.


    If you want to talk to me about wow theorycrafting or anything really: Eranthe#1639

  8. #48
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    It most likely means you aren't using bloodbath right, or it's a scaling issue, or you just had good luck with crit storm bolts; it's possible that simcraft is wrong, but much more likely something on your end isn't right.
    Yeah, it might be that, but it also ranks stormbolts overall damage smaller than my average. On my most parses stormbolt averages on 8-10%, while simcraft shows it always between 6-7, like 6.8%. Maybe it's the simple things, like delaying stormbolt 1-2 globals when stars align (like trinket stacks) and filling the time with slam before the right moment.

    Also I don't know how simcraft is supposed to even sim up stuff like how many stacks my gaze of twins give, since I replace overpowers with slam purely if colossus keeps proccing and I have at least 2 stacks on my crit trinket (and rage allows it). At least personally I get way better dps results to purely hit slams and skip OP during colossus when I have over 40% crit chance on it. That trinket might also contribute to more stormbolt crits though.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Unless they've changed it recently, DR does not proc Bloodbath. That was a specific decision of Blizz's since DR hits incredibly hard and always crits/ignores armor.
    1.) It always has proc'ed BB. It's really quite easy to test.

    2.) GC is an idiot.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    1.) It always has proc'ed BB. It's really quite easy to test.

    2.) GC is an idiot.
    I thought beta fire damage based DR didn't, atleast there was talk in the beta about it.

  11. #51
    Dreadlord Srg56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed location in southeast Asia
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Saw this and it seemed interesting.

    "Talking a lot about class cooldowns. We could lower CDs or lower magnitude and buff sustained."

    "This could have both PvE and PvP benefits. The CD effects would be harder to notice though. Thoughts?"

    "Imagine Recklessness as a 10% crit buff or a nerfed GoaK on a 2-3 min timer along with sustained DPS buff."

    I'm a fan of our current burst window dps style but not sure how they would change things further.
    This trend makes me wanna delete my warrior. What's next? "Imagine Recklessness as a 1% crit buff..(...)" WHY is this ok? Why does it seem that only PvE people post in this type of threads and chat with GC? We all know that PvE people will give up their left leg and right arm for a 0.49% increase in damage and making their rotation easier for killing dem dwagonz.

    What's happened to this class? Why is it ok for this class to loose all it's "UMPH"? I remember a time when "stop feeding the warrior rage because we're all gonna die" was something everyone thought when fighting against a group with a warrior.

    I liked having abilities that greatly increase the class's potency and power for short periods of time like recklessness and the now removed retaliation. Recklessness is now just a former shadow of itself and this guy is thinking of completely removing it. Because making it 10% is like removing it, but 2 patches later, just like deadly calm was nerfed to bits and then removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    If at launch day they find 150 freshly created threads saying " OMG BLIZZERD! y u did remove my birdyflapflap? u suxs! i will stope playn tis stuped game if u not give backe my birdyflapflap!". When that happens, and it will, they'll reintroduce flying real fast again.

  12. #52
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I thought beta fire damage based DR didn't, atleast there was talk in the beta about it.
    It's not fire damage, and IDC what did/didn't happen in beta, as unless it's the same as live it's 100% irrelevant. DR has always proc'ed BB, since what happened in beta that didn't make it live does NOT matter.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It's not fire damage, and IDC what did/didn't happen in beta, as unless it's the same as live it's 100% irrelevant. DR has always proc'ed BB, since what happened in beta that didn't make it live does NOT matter.
    Chill dude
    I was just saying how it was back in beta, and that's where all this DR doesn't procc BB comes from.
    You were saying it always procced BB and alas, it didn't, no reason to go bananas here jeez.

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    Chill dude
    I was just saying how it was back in beta, and that's where all this DR doesn't procc BB comes from.
    You were saying it always procced BB and alas, it didn't, no reason to go bananas here jeez.
    Except you're wrong....which was my point.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    This trend makes me wanna delete my warrior. What's next? "Imagine Recklessness as a 1% crit buff..(...)" WHY is this ok? Why does it seem that only PvE people post in this type of threads and chat with GC? We all know that PvE people will give up their left leg and right arm for a 0.49% increase in damage and making their rotation easier for killing dem dwagonz.

    What's happened to this class? Why is it ok for this class to loose all it's "UMPH"? I remember a time when "stop feeding the warrior rage because we're all gonna die" was something everyone thought when fighting against a group with a warrior.

    I liked having abilities that greatly increase the class's potency and power for short periods of time like recklessness and the now removed retaliation. Recklessness is now just a former shadow of itself and this guy is thinking of completely removing it. Because making it 10% is like removing it, but 2 patches later, just like deadly calm was nerfed to bits and then removed.
    Haha, funnily enough when I read that I was like "damn PvPers ruining my gamez!" - In my experience, I've always seen people want reduced burst and increased sustained in PvP. Take one look at the Ret Paladin forums! All the mage whines to nerf ice lance (burst) but buff frostbolt (sustained).

    I used to PvP a lot during TBC. Thinking back on it now, it's a bit weird, because my recollection is that there was a lot less burst, especially in 2s and 3s, even WITH heroism/bloodlust, and old recklessness etc., my general memory of the time was that we outlasted our opponents mana bars in mirrors, and kept high constant pressure up on them until they made a mistake (e.g. your healer managed to kite one of their DPS out of LoS and on about 50%, quick CC + switch and kill him).

    Edit: I should also say that I did once manage to one-shot a mage at 2200+ rating on my Warrior. I got a multi sword spec proc on a Mortal Strike crit, must have been about 4 procs or something, and it just insta-gibbed him. That was back in season 1 before sword spec and mace spec got nerfed (justifiably!).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •