Thread: Horridon 10N

Deleted

Horridon 10N

Hey I started to record our first log for WoL last night and have tried to read it, somewhat, and would like to get some tips/fail we did during the encounter.

Would really appreciate any tips or help you can give.

Log:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vzip7yd24oweuo9j/

Thanks
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-06 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly before anyone would start digging through your logs... You might start to state what is wrong or where do you wipe - is it enrage, doors or whatever else? Then and only then can people start pointing out things more clearly for you.

How do you handle Wargod/Horridon in the end, how do you handle the adds - tanking vise etc?

I see you are single tanking Horridon w/o swapping? So I guess you just bubble the stacks off?

While I don't know the reason you're wiping exactly, I did notice a few things.

Please note I only looked at your last log (Attempt 15) and I'm assuming the rest are similar.

First of all, I feel Horridon is more of a two healer fight. More damage = less adds = less raid damage.

Second, I feel really sorry for that druid doing dispels, they really get the short end of the stick on this fight because they can dispel everything except disease. That being said, I feel your monk/palies should help the druid dispel poisons more, or at the very least make sure they interrupt the Venom Priests. This can also be handled with more dps, my raid group is able to down the venom priest fairly consistently before it can spawn any living poison/extra adds.

In attempt 15, the resto shaman dispelled a grand total of nothing, btw. And the mage didn't dispel any Hex of Confusions. This fight is about surviving, so everyone should be doing their part to survive.

Next, I notice a lot of avoidable damage being taken, specifically from the frozen orbs and the Lightning Totems. And to a lesser extent, double swipe and living poison.

I really feel your druid is dispelling to much himself still, and that deadly plague isn't getting dispelled enough (probably because the druid can't dispel diseases)

Well, this is what I can decipher, hope some of this helps.

Deleted
    Just to put something in perspective, on our first kill we 2 healed and did 40k and 41k HPS and I KNOW we didn't execute it 100% right. On your longest wipe where you made it to the end, your healers did 40k, 37k and 27k.

Meaning you had about 20 thousand more heals per second and still died, which logically means your raiders are taking unnecessary damage. Looking at your death logs confirms this, you have deaths from stuff like cleaves, fireballs (interruptable) and hex (decursable).

When you get right down to it this fight is simplified a lot by 3 simple things:

Dispels and I DON'T just mean the healers. On your 9 min attempt your raid as a whole took 1,588,022 damage from Hex of Confusion which can be decursed. Your Shaman had only one decurse, your mage had zero. Your raid also took 3,190,000 damage from Blazing Sunlight, the ability in the first door which can be dispelled by all 3 healers. Just two examples.

Interrupts Fireball on the 4th door is cast by the Flamecasters and I believe is interruptable. It did a total of 7,286,131 damage to your raid. That means about 40 fireball casts got off, your entire raid as a whole had only 12 interrupts and that includes the interrupts on the 2nd door. Imagine how much damage you could save with the click of a few off-the-GCD buttons that prevent a 150k damage nuke. 7 MILLION damage that's avoidable.

Move out of shit 5,238,315 damage from Lightning Totems in the 4th door (it killed your Ret). 5,278,911 damage from Frozen Orbs in 3rd door but no deaths, it was all healed. 2,093,751 damage from boss' Double Swipe (it killed your dps DK). You handled 1st and 2nd door fairly well.

The good news is, all those deaths and all that damage is easily avoidable and it all happened on the last door. Of course this is all from your best attempt, I'm sure if I look at your other attempts I'll see bad deaths on earlier doors too. You seem to have gotten the hang of those doors by now though, keep practicing the last one until you get it down as well. Yell at your raid to not stand in shit, to interrupt and to dispel until they do it all.

Deleted
    Yea sorry, we are wiping at different times, but mostly from the door 2 and 3. Our best attempt was 12, where we got to jalak, and we would have made it or more closely if the ret pala didn't screw up on putting HoP on me when I was tanking the boss on door 4.

And about the solo tanking boss, yes we are, but I am (DK) tanking boss and getting stacks cleared after each door.

Yea the shaman i felt was underpeforming aswell, and the double swipe was because people was WAY to slow (some of them) to move from the raid on charge.

Also we did try and have the dps help dispelling when they could, but don't think the mage knew he could dispel on door 4- he where also one who mostly failed to move away on charge.

We will be going tonight again and I will make sure that shaman and mage starts to really dispel, as well as all others when they can, moving out of shit is really basic and should be done asap, and I felt during some attempts that people really didn't move from shit and just stood there...
    Last edited by mmoc262739d0cb; 2013-05-06 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel your druid is dispelling to much himself still, and that deadly plague isn't getting dispelled enough (probably because the druid can't dispel diseases)
    Druids can dispel diseases if the Symbiosis any type of paladin. (Try doing the fight with 2 rdruids, 1 rshaman and 1 prot.pala )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Just to put something in perspective, on our first kill we 2 healed and did 40k and 41k HPS and I KNOW we didn't execute it 100% right. On your longest wipe where you made it to the end, your healers did 40k, 37k and 27k.

Meaning you had about 20 thousand more heals per second and still died, which logically means your raiders are taking unnecessary damage. Looking at your death logs confirms this, you have deaths from stuff like cleaves, fireballs (interruptable) and hex (decursable).

When you get right down to it this fight is simplified a lot by 3 simple things:

Dispels and I DON'T just mean the healers. On your 9 min attempt your raid as a whole took 1,588,022 damage from Hex of Confusion which can be decursed. Your Shaman had only one decurse, your mage had zero. Your raid also took 3,190,000 damage from Blazing Sunlight, the ability in the first door which can be dispelled by all 3 healers. Just two examples.

Interrupts Fireball on the 4th door is cast by the Flamecasters and I believe is interruptable. It did a total of 7,286,131 damage to your raid. That means about 40 fireball casts got off, your entire raid as a whole had only 12 interrupts and that includes the interrupts on the 2nd door. Imagine how much damage you could save with the click of a few off-the-GCD buttons that prevent a 150k damage nuke. 7 MILLION damage that's avoidable.

Move out of shit 5,238,315 damage from Lightning Totems in the 4th door (it killed your Ret). 5,278,911 damage from Frozen Orbs in 3rd door but no deaths, it was all healed. 2,093,751 damage from boss' Double Swipe (it killed your dps DK). You handled 1st and 2nd door fairly well.

The good news is, all those deaths and all that damage is easily avoidable and it all happened on the last door. Of course this is all from your best attempt, I'm sure if I look at your other attempts I'll see bad deaths on earlier doors too. You seem to have gotten the hang of those doors by now though, keep practicing the last one until you get it down as well. Yell at your raid to not stand in shit, to interrupt and to dispel until they do it all.

Thanks alot!, I will try and get the people in the raid to move move and move aswell as dispelling where they can and interrupting.

I took a look at a few of your logs and noticed that the dps who put up the biggest numbers were often dps'ing the dinosaur rather than dps'ing the adds. It's a nice, big, blue target, but it's a trap. If a single add is alive then a GCD spent on a spell cast on the dino is wasted unless you're fishing for dot procs.

We remove the temptation by tanking Horridon clear over on the opposite side of the room, with a paladin tank and a pocket healer. It reduces the complexity of the fight a great deal and helps people focus on the adds that are a priority. It also helps the dino tank focus on the dino, and not worry about accidentally pulling aggro from the adds tank or getting hit by a poison. Also, there's less movement since the dino doesn't charge anyone but his active tank or the pocket healer.

The downside is that you lose out on a paladin's splash heals and the use of a healer. We think the tradeoff is worth it. If you still have issues with this fight after trying the other advice, try this strat.

DETOX! Monks have a real low-cost dispel, take advantage of it. I kill the dispel charts on my BrM monk for our kills (heroic is a bit more demanding though, since people can die real quick with lack of dispes). They can dispel for the 2nd and 3rd door. regardless of spec..tell that dude to start dispelling more..it'll help a ton, and 20 energy is a small cost opposed to healer mana. Another tip..since Hex && Chain Lightning both did quite a bit of dmg there at the end, you can easily reduce this. The shaman don't come down until you kill the bears, so you're gonna wanna mark 1 bear, kill it, kill the shaman that drops off, and do that 3 times. You need disciplined DPS, if you faceroll AoE dps on adds theres gonna be totems, chain lightnings, and hex's all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. People, please look at the raid forum. There are like 5 or 6 threads on this very topic and the advice is going to be the same:

1) Make sure your raid's geared for it (500+).
    2) Kill elites
    3) Interrupt elites
    4) dispell if the elite does get off a cast.
    5) Raiding 101, stop standing in bad shit
    6) Rinse and repeat, killling adds before worrying about Horridon.

Your raid isn't different and at this point, with so many threads on this, it's not really useful to post a special thread