Going crazy looking for a new realm!(Alliance)

Hey all, I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and my wife has been playing with me since late BC. We've both been very active raiders and have dabbled in PvP here and there, we have also mostly been Alliance.

Afew months ago after downing Sha of Fear we had to take a break due to our 2 year old son needing multiple operations. When we came back our server was in pretty bad shape. The few raiding guilds weren't doing anything and the overall population dropped considerably. We decided with some RL friends to reroll on a new server and figured we'd give Horde a real shot. We randomly settled on Laughing Skull which seems to be pretty good for both PvE and PvP, but after being here for a month or so and getting afew 90s all of us kinda miss the Alliance.

We've spent weeks looking around for a decent Alliance PvP server that has good activity, economy, and a raiding scene(and if possible EST, we're getting old and can't raid too late!). I've been looking all over WoW Progress and Wow Realm Pop to try to find a good combination of everything and it seems almost impossible. I've been making low level toons and have tried to speak with some people on the possible realms but haven't gotten much info.

All the servers with great PvE progession guilds have horribly off-balance faction spreads(like Sargeras). Does this matter too much anymore with cross-realm and battle-groups? I always thought it would be best to be on an almost even faction ratio PvP server but I'm not sure anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, I'll probably be starting brand new(no gold, heirlooms, etc) since it would cost my wife and I $200+ just to move half of our toons.

Edit: Oops, forgot region. We're in the US, preferably Eastern
    Last edited by Griffon23; 2013-05-04 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU or US?

If you're at EU, Outland has a massive good server, but not like best Raiding server, but it has alot of activity and tons of raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    EU or US?

If you're at EU, Outland has a massive good server, but not like best Raiding server, but it has alot of activity and tons of raiding
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I'm US. I'm not looking for the best raiding ever, just more activity. My current Alliance server has 2 guilds that are doing anything at all and even their progression is pretty meh compared to my Horde server. I'm looking for a much more active realm than what I'm currently on. My Horde realm Laughing Skull is pretty good with this, we were blown away by the sheer number of guilds doing things, PUGs going on(successfully), and World PvP. We just really aren't really big fans of being Horde(and I miss my Worgen)

A good server to look at would be Kel'Thuzad. It's always been one of the top US-Ally PvP servers, and there are plenty of raiding guilds to join. Very active server where Ally outnumbers horde like 100:1. It is on mountain time but you can find plenty of raiding guilds who raid earlier. As to your concerns about the A:H ration on a pvp server, I find it makes almost no difference because there are other servers on the battlegroup that balance it out. You will almost never see a horde out in Pandaria though. As for the rest of the world the CRZ populates it with plenty of horde. If you have any questions about it you can pm me on here.
    Last edited by Solidsteel; 2013-05-04 at 11:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras or Stormrage are the first two that come to mind.

Sargeras is PvP and has an almost entire Alliance pop (Alliance to horde ratio is crazy).

Stormrage is normal and has quite a bit of stuff going on.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Sargeras or Stormrage are the first two that come to mind.

Sargeras is PvP and has an almost entire Alliance pop (Alliance to horde ratio is crazy).

Stormrage is normal and has quite a bit of stuff going on.
    Well, I think I've narrowed it down to Sargeras, Kel'Thuzad, or Korgath. I guess it's not the end of the world if the faction balance isn't even since most of my PvP will be in BGs/Arenas, I just thought it would be more fun on a relatively even ratio server.

Im not trying to be a jerk here ...but 5 mins on wowprogress would give you an answer ....I think your just looking for attention ...good luck with that .

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    Im not trying to be a jerk here ...but 5 mins on wowprogress would give you an answer ....I think your just looking for attention ...good luck with that .
    Sorry but I'm abit indecisive, especially when it comes to either a large time or cash investment and I wanted some opinions. Didn't mean to be a bother.

If you don't mind a RP-PVP realm, I would highly HIGHLY suggest Emerald Dream. It has loads of alliance, Stormwind is like packed in peak times majority of the times, even in off-peak times, I can't imagine how many are in Pandaria or even the Shrine of Two moons or whatever for alliance. I play alliance on there but I am focused on my horde chars on Twisting Nether (another RP-PVP realm). The RP-PVP realms usually have some world PVP going on. But Emerald Dream is like THE place for world PVP if you like that sort of thing. Almost everyday it seems, something is getting attacked somewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    Sorry but I'm abit indecisive, especially when it comes to either a large time or cash investment and I wanted some opinions. Didn't mean to be a bother.
    Ignore that useless comment. There is nothing wrong with asking for opinions about realms.

That said, I can't help you. I am EU.