Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Never cared for Asian themed anything the Structural architecture just seems flat out inferior to that of European design.
    Then again I've never seen much point in building a fortress that could be burnt down with a few flaming arrows.

In any case this expansion isn't exactly doing anything to progress the main storyline of the series but instead just a far away land we will forget about come the next expansion and a dead dipshit warchief who isn't worth remembering.

It wasn't Asian influence, it was Chinese influence. If it was Asian as in Indian mixed with Japanese mixed with Chinese it would have been fun, otherwise I'd rather open a history book and learn about China, one where the slaves who built the Great Wall aren't panda bears.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    In any case this expansion isn't exactly doing anything to progress the main storyline of the series but instead just a far away land we will forget about come the next expansion and a dead dipshit warchief who isn't worth remembering.
    But there is no main storyline to the series. Each expansion is it's own story.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Blizz didn't create anything. They simply took an existing idea and slapped their brand on it because creativity has gone out the window after WOTLK.

I like it and I don't care what you think. Debating about personal taste is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a better question: was it a bad idea to make yet another unoriginal, uninspired topic about Pandaria's theme?

Answer: yes, it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen a single reason why the theme would be bad for WoW.

It still boggles my mind that there are players that want a WORLD of warcraft to be the same tone and art style all over. Who craves such a lifeless level of sameness for an entire mmo world?
    I mean i dont want to call 'racist', but the "asian bullshit" argument seems irrational at best, deep seated cultural panic at most likely and out and out "i dont want dem dur gooks in mah aryan viking vidyuhs!" level horseshit.

Great fantasy worlds are varied and multi cultural, the idea of a nation thats been isolated for 10 millennia developing an asian theme is no slight to the rest of wow anymore than the vrykuls heavy nordic influence or the vicorian london inspired look of the gilneans.

If it truly bothers anyone that badly then maybe you gotta reevaluate some stuff about yourself when its almost 7 months post launch of said "azn expansion".

Deleted
    I never knew the WoW community was frequented by architects, art critics and scholars of all disciplines. My, my I should have known before wandering into this thread of fine ladies and gentlemen, true experts of culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    lol, id love to hear your examples of "made up" themes. lemme guess you havent noticed all the other real life racial themes already in game except for the Asian one?
    I don't even...

It isn't that hard to create new themes of your own, just gotta be creative. And yes I did notice the other real life racial themes, wouldn't mind if they created some themes of their own for once...

I like this expansion, I just hope we reach back into the wow lore next expansion... like whats going on with the burning legion? Why have they not burned and legioned us to death yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Here's a better question: was it a bad idea to make yet another unoriginal, uninspired topic about Pandaria's theme?

Answer: yes, it was.
    You mean like pandaria itself? Oh the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    A world where everything is exactly the same would be extremely boring. I don't even want to imagine the amount of complaining we'd hear then. Bla bla Blizz has no imagination, everything is exactly the same. We've been seeing the same stuff for 90 levels. The real world has different cultures, architecture and beliefs, why is wow the same everywhere bla bla bla etc.

I love the Asian culture, but blizz is just really bad at it. MOP is full of the most cliche and overused Asian stereotypes.

Deleted
    I even thought cataclysm was alot better than playing the World of Chinacraft, the lore is boring,the scenery i could see irl in china if i wanted to,the monk class sucks,golden lotus farming at start made game even more boring,overall worst expansion ever and i dont play the game anymore.
    It supposed to be warcraft set in medieval times with orcs humans undead and nelf, not silly panadas.

-0*/10* for the mists expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwish View Post
    It supposed to be warcraft set in medieval times with orcs humans undead and nelf, not silly panadas.
    Then you must have had a hard time in TBC, Wrath, and Cata with no medieval themes.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwish View Post
    I even thought cataclysm was alot better than playing the World of Chinacraft, the lore is boring,the scenery i could see irl in china if i wanted to,the monk class sucks,golden lotus farming at start made game even more boring,overall worst expansion ever and i dont play the game anymore.

-0*/10* for the mists expansion.
    Medieval times...yeah... this is a franchise that even as far back as WC 2 had blimps, submarines, tanks, etc. WoW is by no means a strict medieval setting. BC and Wrath weren't even strict medieval. And if you actually stop and look beneath the 'lol pandas' gut reaction some people have, you'll find that there are actually some very interesting stories here. The only place that's really at 'lol pandas' level is Valley of the Four WInds. ONE zone.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's throw in some western stuff like Indians and cowboys on horses and some YEEEEHAAWWWS! Would that make OP happy? Or as John Mclane once said: "yippe kia mother fucker". All joking aside, the Mists of Pandaria's Asian theme never bothered me. It is a fantasy game and I have enjoyed every theme WOW has done since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Medieval times...yeah... this is a franchise that even as far back as WC 2 had blimps, submarines, tanks, etc. WoW is by no means a strict medieval setting. BC and Wrath weren't even strict medieval. And if you actually stop and look beneath the 'lol pandas' gut reaction some people have, you'll find that there are actually some very interesting stories here. The only place that's really at 'lol pandas' level is Valley of the Four WInds. ONE zone.
    This is cleary medieval. We all know that Charlemagne used terminators to conquer europe.

Deleted
    I think its not a bad idea at all, the scenery and the zones and the lore were brilliant. So much better than Cataclysm.