Raiding Resto Shaman seeks constructive criticism

Fellow shammies,

I'm a 10 man resto shaman who is in a fairly progressed 8/13HM guild- I howeever am only 3/13HM. I constantly find myself at the bottom of the meters under a disc priest, holy pally, AND a prot paladin. Now, I know its not about hps ,but I would like to at least beat the tank. It is at the point where I am not often brought along to raid since the other healers seem more than sufficient to two heal 80% of the encounters on heroic. I've had many shamans tell me I'm in a difficult place bc 1.) I'm in a 10 man and 2.) I heal with absorb healers that block my mastery and 3.) I don't have 2 piece or 4 piece T15. I likely need more haste and maybe a few set bonuses, but I really feel like I'm failing at something big, or many things. I also feel like I get rather low on mana quickly. Gems, reforges, talents, raid advice - throw it at me. And I know I need to upgrade to a Shado Pan trinket. Thanks for your time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ernia/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=469&e=889 (the last heroic fight I've completed)

Deleted
    It looks like you're specced into unleashed fury. If you take Primal Elementalist instead, you'll get a 10% increase to all your healing for 4 minutes in a 7 minute fight.
    Totemic Recall is much better than Telluric Currents, providing you can manage your totems correctly, for example dropping Healing Stream 15 seconds before Earth / Fire Elemental expires, and then recalling both 14 seconds later.)

On a fight like Megaera you might want to give Ancestral Guidance a try. AG is generally weaker than tide, but on megaera you can use AG to its full potential every second rampage, which makes it come slightly ahead of tide.

If you're finding yourself low on mana I'd personally suggest trying a full crit build. Haste minimum 871, Mastery to 50% then Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by xor7486 View Post
    It looks like you're specced into unleashed fury. If you take Primal Elementalist instead, you'll get a 10% increase to all your healing for 4 minutes in a 7 minute fight.
    Totemic Recall is much better than Telluric Currents, providing you can manage your totems correctly, for example dropping Healing Stream 15 seconds before Earth / Fire Elemental expires, and then recalling both 14 seconds later.)

On a fight like Megaera you might want to give Ancestral Guidance a try. AG is generally weaker than tide, but on megaera you can use AG to its full potential every second rampage, which makes it come slightly ahead of tide.
    It was my original understanding that for 10m Unleashed Fury is better for use with Healing Rain and GHW and Primal ELementalist is preferrable in 25 man for overall healing. Many if not all of the 10m resto shamans I have come across use Unleashed Fury, but I am willing to try your suggestion out to see if it helps at all, I'm seriously desperate here in fear of being replaced lol. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 05:58 PM ----------

What % of crit do you think I should be aming for? Just as much as I can through gemming/reforge?

Deleted
    Change ur gemming...what is 160 haste and 160 spirit? only gems you should have are 160 crit + 160 spirit, 320 spirit or 80int and 160 spirit...

mastery is 5200 at cap and 871 haste...none of these 2 ratings need any source of gemming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalpernia View Post
    It was my original understanding that for 10m Unleashed Fury is better for use with Healing Rain and GHW and Primal ELementalist is preferrable in 25 man for overall healing. Many if not all of the 10m resto shamans I have come across use Unleashed Fury, but I am willing to try your suggestion out to see if it helps at all, I'm seriously desperate here in fear of being replaced lol. Thanks.
    Unleashed Fury does nothing for HR. It puts a buff on your target and increases the next single-target heal that lands on that target.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was my original understanding that for 10m Unleashed Fury is better for use with Healing Rain and GHW and Primal ELementalist is preferrable in 25 man for overall healing. Many if not all of the 10m resto shamans I have come across use Unleashed Fury, but I am willing to try your suggestion out to see if it helps at all, I'm seriously desperate here in fear of being replaced lol. Thanks.?

Unleashed Fury isn't too bad when you're the primary tank-healer. Allows you to dish out nicely large heals. Or you can do a UF/HR/single-target-heal-on-tank combo to split the regular 30% buff on yourself and the UF-buff on the tank up into a 30%-boosted HR and a 50%-boosted single-target heal. So, there are uses.

But I still prefer the big bad elemental. It contributes nice dps and/or boosts healing nicely. I prefer using the fire elemental with a pre-pot for some nice additional dps and rarely ever use it for its healing-increase. The 20% damage reduce that the earth elemental can channel on you isn't shabby either.

What % of crit do you think I should be aming for? Just as much as I can through gemming/reforge?
    Pretty much, as long as keeping Mastery at around 50% and reaching Haste cap at 871. Although, neither of these are difficult and haste will most likely be over it by a long stretch. Then it's Crit, without forsaking Spirit of course.
    Last edited by Malcanthet; 2013-05-06 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by xor7486 View Post
    unleashed fury does nothing for hr. It puts a buff on your target and increases the next single-target heal that lands on that target.
    mooooepp!! Wrong!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    mooooepp!! Wrong!
    I just tested it:

One is with UF, one is without UF. Guess which one is which?

Deleted
    With UF u get a single target buff called UF on the target u unleashed it on and Unleash life on yourself which also increases HR.

Deleted
    You get the Hr buff without the talent. With the talent you also get a healing increase on the target you used it on. This does NOT effect hr