Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    I loved Cata, I loved the fact that they revamped 1-60 zones and it was the most alt friendly expansion ever. I was able to level and try all of the different classes and had a blast. But I was never an end game person so it never mattered to me what there was to do at the very end cause I was enjoying the low level content.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

The following is an historic screenshot because it shows what had happened to the game by the time I returned to WoW, which was during patch 4.2:Rage of the Firelands. I had originally quit in late WOTLK:

I returned to WoW only to find my guild had switched to 10-man instead of 25 man, 80% of my guildies had quit the game, 75% of the people on my friends list gone, and my server had become a ghost server.

You can see the "Friend Removed Because Character No Longer Exists" messages. I believe WoW lost about 3 million subscribers during Catafail.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2013-05-08 at 02:32 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    please first of all I never ever complained about LFR ever. The way you are responding to me it's as if I was whining or complaining about LFR... quite the opposite in fact I love LFR and the idea of it is awesome.

Saving time is good yes but skipping trash when content was still new and fresh and exploiting one of the game features just because it's convienent and fast is not my cup of tea sorry and if you read what I said I was talking about the first week of cata before they nerfed the mass summon. It's not I care about how others play in fact I don't care but when others ruin the gameplay for me for the sake of fast and convienence then yes I care because it's my own gameplay here thank you.
    Read again, I know you're in full support of LFR that's why I'm using your PRO LFR arguments against you. I'm against LFR if you haven't learned already.

And like I said, if you wanted to kill trash so badly then why didn't you decline the summon? Because it's hard to pass up convenience right?
    Just like LFR.
    It's.
    Hard.
    To.
    Pass up.
    Convenience.

The rogue daggers have a few things to consider.

1. The proc wasn't very good a lot of the time in pvp. Sure, if you got it to go off at a good time, it could be devastating. But if you get ccd, or your target blinks/sprints/otherwise gets away, or simply dies as it procs, the six seconds of free finishers can pass by without getting a use. This is compounded by the fact you have no idea at how many stacks it will activate. The stacking agility buff that precedes it is probably better in pvp that the final proc.

2. The ilvl wasn't any higher than other heroic Deathwing weapons. However, I think the daggers got a bad rep because you didn't HAVE to raid herocis to get it. My guild never touched heroic spine or heroic madness, and yet we managed to get FOUR daggers out before we stopped raiding for the expansion. I had the first one, completed before we even started heroics, I think the second one might have too. So I think the complaint wasn't that it was the best weapon in the game, but simply that it was far more accessible than it should have been.

At least in 5.4 we won't have this problem, since not only is the questline to even get to 5.4's wrathion quest much longer than any of the others, spanning multiple tiers, but said legendaries will be brought down to conquest gear ivl anyway. Maybe the procs will still be strong though, we'll see. But they've nerfed pve trinkets and procs in pvp, why not legendary procs too?

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Edit: And about the trash skipping, what's so bad about that? I thought saving time = good?
    I for one think trash is a waste of time. It was alright back when it had some of the bosses abilities and you could essentially "learn" about the boss via trash, but the bridge trash and snails are just ridiculous.
    I'd rather wipe on bosses than trash.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    I for one think trash is a waste of time. It was alright back when it had some of the bosses abilities and you could essentially "learn" about the boss via trash, but the bridge trash and snails are just ridiculous.
    I'd rather wipe on bosses than trash.
    i love the snails though <3

Quote Originally Posted by Syferite View Post
    They re-did Kalimdor and EK but failed to make it relevant to max levels other than Archaeology. When you speculate on what they could've done with those zones, it just makes you think where Blizzard's head was during the drawing board of the expansion.
    It was my guess -- and still is -- that one of the big motivations for redoing the world was preparing for an Emerald Dream expansion. The ED would reuse a lot of the geographic assets created for Cataclysm.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It didn't /10chars.

WoW has never objectively failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I went into Wrath not knowing a damn thing about Arthas other than he was responsible for EPL/Strath/Scholo.

By the time we killed him, I knew EVERYTHING about him.

I fought at his side to "purge" Strath of the plague.
    I saw him get manipulated to focus on his anger.
    I saw him betray Muradin and his friends to get frostmourne.
    I saw him grant powers to beings
    I saw him punish and betray those same beings he gave powers to
    I saw him torture an old friend just out of malice
    He killed me in Howling Fjord, saying death isn't eternal - and that he has a plan for me.
    I even got to PLAY as him... creating armies of undead to slay more people to raise even MORE undead!
    In the end, he kills me again - revealing his plan was to raise us as an elite army.

Aside from those things, yeah - we didn't see NOTHING of Arthas' back story or motivations.

Cataclysm? We saw Deathwing get mad at Alextraza... and those few who did the Blasted Lands quest saw him hunt down an egg.

Aside from that - Deathwing's cunning plan through all those zones was to shout "RAAAAAAARGH!" and burn random patches of land.
    I wish i could up vote this.

In WOTLK you understood the Lich King. His plan in the end was perfect, Use the one who had the strength to storm your castle and kill your generals as your new army.

Deathwing felt lame.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It was my guess -- and still is -- that one of the big motivations for redoing the world was preparing for an Emerald Dream expansion. The ED would reuse a lot of the geographic assets created for Cataclysm.
    You mean the Hour of Twilight heroic assets, right? I thought Emerald Dream used the original pre-maelstrom Kalimdor.