How will this computer preform?

Hello!
    So I've been looking for a new computer for a while.. but my budget has shrinken and it's at 6000 SEK (Like 700 euro I think with todays value).

I was first looking to buy a new desktop (sold my old overkill one).. however, after relizing that I need a monitor and windows my budget was kinda shitty to even get a "ok" desktop.

So, I found a laptop on a website that was for 6000 SEK (aka my budget).. I bought it because I thought it would run out (and yeah, I updated the site after I bought it and it was sold out so I prob. got the last copy).
    It's specs are: Dell Inspiron 17R SE-7720
    17"
    1 TB HDD
    i7-3630QM
    Nvidia 650M
    8GB Ram
    +Bluray player

For 5990sek

So how will this preform in games such as WoW / D3 / LoL? and was it worth the money or should I return it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would appear to be fine. Not a bad price for what you got.

from what i can see you paid about 900 or so usd, which probably seem about right on par with what hardware you got, maybe even a little better for what you paid. performance wise, i would say that rig would probably play about any game you want at or near the highest settings. funny thing is you said you got rid of your overkill rig, and bought a rig that is just about overkill for about any game your gonna play (especially the ones you listed) 17" is kind of weak though, step your monitor game up :P

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    from what i can see you paid about 900 or so usd, which probably seem about right on par with what hardware you got, maybe even a little better for what you paid. performance wise, i would say that rig would probably play about any game you want at or near the highest settings. funny thing is you said you got rid of your overkill rig, and bought a rig that is just about overkill for about any game your gonna play (especially the ones you listed) 17" is kind of weak though, step your monitor game up :P

I had a desktop i5 and sli 670.. thats kinda abit more overkill dont ya think? The prices in sweden are abit higher and from my research a laptop with these or similare spec (like a i5 and 660m ins5ed) goes for about 300 usd more

another example i found is exactly the same comp but with 2x 650m goes for twice as much as i paid for mine.. so to me it seems like it was a almost really good deal?
    Last edited by Kimpan; 2013-05-05 at 06:43 AM.

given the two you are swapping some processor power in for a little less graphical processing power. must have glazed over the part where you said it was laptop, given that i would say its a pretty good set up. a laptop with a i7 and onboard graphics are always a bit pricey from what i have seen in the past year or so (i dont really have a need nor care for laptops) given that though the thing i would point out is the battery life, unless you are going to be by an outlet a lot i would check how well it keeps its charge, also i always hated the fact that laptops are pretty much not upgradeable (from past knowledge anyway) and given that its a laptop 17" is pretty nice quick google search shows those going anywhere from 800-1300usd. so at 900 your about the average price.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    was it worth the money or should I return it?
    Try it out since you already bought it, it's too late to ask for estimates.

Then you can return it afterwards if you're unhappy.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Try it out since you already bought it, it's too late to ask for estimates.

Then you can return it afterwards if you're unhappy.

I havent gotten it yet..ill get it around Friday :/

id suggest finding something with an ssd. sure it only decreases loading screen/boot times. since having one myself i wouldn't go back to hdd.you can always get an external hd for storage

Quote Originally Posted by MickoLis View Post
    id suggest finding something with an ssd. sure it only decreases loading screen/boot times. since having one myself i wouldn't go back to hdd.you can always get an external hd for storage
    I had a SSD on my old computer, was not really impressed (expect for windows load time). So I prob. wont be spending any cash on that again

Deleted
    I had a SSD on my old computer, was not really impressed (expect for windows load time). So I prob. wont be spending any cash on that again
    Did you by any chance get an early SSD? Because I know that most of those had...teething troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Did you by any chance get an early SSD? Because I know that most of those had...teething troubles.
    It was a Ocz agility 3 120gb .. I might of gotten a monday copy but the loading times was not really that much faster (and I had a super fast 10,000 rpm hdd also).

This one only has 5200 rpm so I might feel the diffrence more this time :P We'll see if I'll put a ssd in there later on(Buying a expensive super pro one this time) (I hope this comp can have 2x hdds then I can get both).

edit: done some research and it seems that I got a pritty sweet deal! Seeing as most shops in USA etc ive found sells this one for about 1050-1100 usd and I paid 890-900 usd for it
    Last edited by Kimpan; 2013-05-05 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Buying a expensive super pro one this time)
    A 'pro' drive (I'm assuming you mean Samsung 840 Pro vs 840) isn't any faster.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab